How will Brass leave?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Cheeky30, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Cheeky30

Cheeky30 Civilian

How does everybody think Brass will leave I have a horrible feeling he will be killed off I don't want him too but don't see any other way of him leaving, letting him retire wont be dramatic enough for the writers.
    I'm so disappointed that he's leaving I think the show will suffer for him not being in it anymore. Maybe the writers and producers should go on the facebook fansite and see how many fans they have upset and reconsider their decision to axe brass and bring him back.

2. Ren

Ren Hit and Run

you beat me to the punch;) i was going to open a new thread...
    well..

i’m mumbling about Brass’ leave. (sorry, but i can be a really annoying guy)....
    after 1401 i feared his story came to an end before the current season ending. I remember that i’ve signed to this great forum (i’ve been a long time lurker) just because i needed to share my concerns about Jim’s fate.
    About our beloved captain goodbye: in a first time i though a graceful and soft exit would have been the best one. Then my mind went to the darker Brass we met this season. There is a huge lump over his chest; it seems as he was imploding and, suddenly, you sense he is ready to explode. So i got a message: work is the only thing that keep him alive. Every time he met a young girl in trouble, he needed to help her, as he was trying to repair his mistakes...Chastity (1309) before, and Tangerine (1417) after the ordeal. so, what could a retired Brass do? He hasn’t a family, friends (?), he’s a lonely man who has spent his Thanksgiving day in a lunchroom (1302) in the last 23 years. At his age a man has his grandchildren to cuddle; he has nothing but regrets and grieves. So he would spend all day (and night) long mumbling and rumbling about the mistakes of “a great cop and a loose husband”...does he deserve this slow painful agony? i don’t think so.
    and so i’ve changed my mind. And i’ve been surprised, because now i think the best way to say goodbye is the worst, the most saddening and heartbreaking i can imagine: Captain Jim Brass must die...saving someone else’s life (if possible).
    Honestly, sometimes i detest myself...
    there is another option, but it's just a fan's dream...i'll share it later...

3. Cheeky30

Cheeky30 Civilian

I agree I'm 99.9% sure he will die maybe protecting sara or Nick? and I think Ellie will be the one to kill him :confused: though I would really like it all to turn out and he doesn't have to leave at all ..... but don't think that's likely :confused:

4. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Maybe CSI can have a special animated episode where the cast of South Park vacation in Las Vegas. Someone gets to shout, "Oh my god! They killed Jimmy!"

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  5. Ren

Ren Hit and Run

Third option: nothing happens. The episode ends with a close shot of Jim in the alley. He looks beyond. Season 15 opening: The locker room. Sara and Nick comment Brass’ leave.
    This would keep him alive and he could come back for some cameos or special guest appearances (in my dreams).

6. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

My wish : Ellie to return one last time to have some closure about Brass / Ellie relationship. And for him to be in peace with himself about his daughter.

To me at the end of his last episode Brass is going to be retired.

7. Frosch

Frosch Witness

Brass will anounce that he's bought a boat and that he and Grissom are going fishing.

8. Ren

Ren Hit and Run

I was thinking about the Fiji; the final line of 515 (King Baby). Sunglasses, a drink and a good tanning. But i know at least two women who have started watching CSI because there is “that sexy, cuddly hot daddy”. and they would fly to the Fiji...hm. too dangerous for Brass, because they’re ugly...
    then my mind went to 909...some barbecues, Labour Day, July 4 and boating...it would be nice; but Grissom won’t fish. He will seek insects...

9. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

I think they will kill him off.

But I would like to see him get a nice retirement package and a cabin next to a pond full of fish and he meets a nice girl.

10. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

I am still very upset how Ellie was written to murder her mom. Very Pissed is an understatement, Crushed me cause I love Brass.

11. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

An idea for a new series: GRISSOM'S ISLAND.
    The ship set sail for a three hour tour... A three hour tour.
    The former CSI and his wife
    The homicide detective
    The lab rat
    and the rest

They solve crimes using coconuts and sea shells.

12. Criminalist

Criminalist Rookie

With everything that has happened to him, I hope the writers have him decide that
    it's time to turn in the badge, and retire.

13. margarita_salt

margarita_salt Hit and Run

I was very disappointed when I first heard that Brass was leaving. But after everything that Captain Brass has been through, I was not really suprised. After what happened to Ellie and her killing her Mom. I can understand why they will hopefully let Brass retire. I hope they don't kill him off. That would be too much for me to handle. I will very much miss that character on the show.

14. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

This.
    As long as they don't kill him off I'll be happy. I'll miss him, as he's/was one of the last few reasons I care for the show, but at least I don't want to see any more harm done to him. He deserves a good ending after all these years, both for the character and the actor himself.

15. Criminalist

Criminalist Rookie

I read that
    his daughter Elle tried to commit suicide
    , so I think that's why he leaving.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014