"Girls Gone Wild" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by vegaslights, Nov 28, 2013.

1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Bueller?

A spa weekend for Sara, Finlay and Morgan turns into a murder investigation and missing persons case when Finlay disappears, as the CSI team must piece together what happened in detail to find her.

GUEST CAST:
    Nico Evers-Swindell (Deputy Willis)
    Patrick St. Espirit (Sheriff Gardner)
    Luciana Faulhaber (Deputy Lennox)
    Kristoffer Polaha (Darryl Walsh)
    Gregory Cruz (Gary Decker)
    Garrett M. Brown (Dr. Martin Kinney)
    Erin Anderson (Valerie Irvin)

DIRECTED BY: Alec Smight
    WRITTEN BY: Melissa R. Byer and Treena Hancock

2. babydoll

babydoll Victim

I really enjoyed the episode - I'd go so far as to say best episode of the season so far, bar the premieire. I think that's because I like Finn though, and she was kick-ass, she was not gonna let that guy get his way! It was lovely seeing the girls all getting along - we've never had a female friendship group on CSI before, and to be honest, I think these girls really need it - it's why I always wanted Cath and Sara to bond better back in the day! They have a nice dynamic - although it did show Sara up as the sensible one a fair bit during karaoke, she was not comfortable in that bar!

not sure what's going on with Nick's beard, but I find it wierd they still haven't mentioned where he disappeared to!

3. Criminalist

Criminalist Rookie

I liked this episode too. Not only because it showed the chemistry between the female CSI's, but also it didn't focus around Morgan.
    I was beginning to wonder if they were going to change the name to "Morgan Brody,CSI", cause everything was focusing around her.

4. Ren

Ren Hit and Run

i was waiting for this: “you’re under arrest”. it's what Nick says to the doctor. next step: the courtroom. the CSI team will pass judgement. This time i don’t see any investigation kit, but i get plenty of guns. Once they were scientists...sooo sad.

5. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I didn't care for this episode too much simply because it seems every other episode or two lately has a CSI in peril. I am tired of it.

6. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I enjoyed "Girls Gone Wild" and thought it was one of the best episodes this season, but since when does DB Russell carry a gun?

7. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

It was definitely different. Three lead female characters who could grab the reigns and make things happen, and they all did. I think we all knew the killer was some longtime resident of this small, dusty town in Wherever, Nevada. So not much of a shocker there.

Different...good stuff for a change.

8. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

With the exception of the "Barbie & Ken" episodes (Morgan and whatshisname) and if we approach CSI as light entertainment and not the original CSI it once was (which was actually inspiring), the episodes have been decent lately.
    Although the original characters don't resemble themselves much anymore (e.g. Sara would never shoot anyone in the head) and there are still obvious plot errors here and there, it's not as bad as the beginning of the season. This episode was different, a little annoying at times, but okay overall.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  9. Rena

Rena Rookie

Yeah, I found some plot errors in this one, too. Minor ones, but still more apparent this time. Such as: When did the three girls get some sleep between end of shift and trip to the spa? Their shift ended early in the morning, but instead of going home to get some sleep, they made the trip and stayed awake for what seemed to be at least 24 hours. Just wondering, you know.
    This one was okay and much better compared to the previous ones, but still not close to what the show used to be. I also think it was not well written. The sheriff e.g. seemed too dumb to tie his shoes. It was the very stereotype of a local sheriff departement with an inferiority complex towards city cops aka CSI. And is it possible to put yourself back in duty when you're at a crime scene? They're in the middle of nowhere, maybe not even in their jurisdiction, and personally involved in a case, but it's totally okay they're processing the crime scene without backup? And how could Morgan hear the shots when Sara had already hung up?
    Well, I'll stop here. As I said, I thought it was better and I enjoyed it at times.

10. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

Morgan did not say "I heard shots" she said "There were shots" - There were two phone calls here :)

I thought this was obvious. The lab called Sara to tell her about the DNA. Sara hangs up, shooting occurred. Sara calls back and gets Morgan, tells her there was a shooting, please send EMTs, phone cuts out because drama. It would have played better if the first phone call had also included "I'm getting crap reception here..." but having been in the hinterlands of Los Vegas (I'm making a Los Angeles/Las Vegas pun, it's intentional), it happens a lot. You sneeze and there went the signal.

11. Rena

Rena Rookie

To me it wasn't obvious because I didn't see two phone calls. There was Morgan looking for DB at the very beginning of the episode, then Sara's conversation with Brass that would start the narration of the episode in retrospective, and then later Sara being on the phone, hanging up, shooting, then exit. :) But now that you've said it it does make sense. :lol:

12. EOcean214

EOcean214 Dead on Arrival

Enjoyed this episode - reminded me of the episode where Harry, Hodges, Greg and Stokes go on a road trip for some barbecue for Harry's birthday! :) Except the girl version.

They've had some creepy villains recently and the guest stars are really doing great. I thought all persons involved in the rapes were really despicable.

They wrapped up the story a little too quickly for me, should have been a "to be continued".

I've started watching C.S.I like its a brand new show rather than comparing it to the past. It's helped to prevent from comparing. I quite enjoy the new cast members.

13. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

For me, the best part was when Nick was talking to the doctor towards the end. How he told the doctor what he did was rape.