Nick Stokes

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by nakisaka, Oct 4, 2013.

1. nakisaka

nakisaka Civilian

I have a question for all you CSI fans ok? Can anyone answer me why since the beginning of season 13 Nick Stokes seems to be in a constant bad mood, he doesn't seem like the Nick we all love. I know since Warrick died he has changed and maybe got a bit tougher but I don't like it. I wanna see some emotion from him like before .:confused:

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

The simple answer, I guess, is because that is how the writers are writing the character. Which may be why George Eads got into a disagreement with them and why he is now "on leave" for several episodes.

My opinion...he was right to stand up for the character. Many of his fans have been unhappy with how he's been written lately and it seems George was too. If it comes down to playing the character as it is badly written or not playing it at all...I would almost prefer he not play it at all. It's not the Nick we know and love anymore. :(

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Since this is just about Nick, I'll move the thread over to the CSI forum. :)

4. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

What Smokey said. Who's going to know more about the character of Nick Stokes: the actor who's been portraying him from the very beginning, or some hack writer who doesn't have a clue? :rolleyes: George was right to stick up for Nick. Now he's paying for it, sadly. :(

5. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

Nick has been poorly written for a while now. They've given him less and less screen time. I wouldn't be surprised if he made an exit the second his contract was up.