Season 14 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Frosch

Frosch Witness

What a depressing and disappointing comment from Jorja Fox. Talk about toeing the company line, TPTB must love her. It makes one respect George Eads even more for taking a stand.

I guess her comment is the final nail in the GSR coffin. I don’t think it is a coincidence that she is making this statement now, a few weeks before the 300th episode. I suspect the ‘homage’ to Grissom is really a final goodbye to Grissom and that it will be the last time his name will ever be mentioned on the show again.

I am gutted that my final memory of Grissom will now forever be tarnished by the presence of Sara. Right now I feel Grissom fans have been royally screwed out of a 'happily ever after' and I just hope we get some sort of closure for him.

2. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

William Peterson already made it clear that he's moved on and won't come back (but I guess I should've suspected that when he didn't make any cameo appearances the past few seasons (except for when Sara skyped Grissom in season 11)) so I doubt they will ever resolve anything onscreen, unless it's just through Sara's eyes. However, I guess the writers really didn't want to leave it as an off-screen relationship and now I'm getting the vibe that they have no intention of fixing it off screen either. I do want Grissom to get some closure too (even if it's offscreen ), if this is a final farewell to him, but if Grissom and Sara's marriage (after season 11) and their break up (especially the build up to it and making Grissom seem like the bad guy) could be poorly handled IMO.....I'm not so sure if that will happen or not.

As I said before, I can't see Sara with anyone else, but if it turns out GSR is really over (on the show now, that is; obviously, there will always be GSR on fanfiction and reruns of the old CSI), this only makes Jorja Fox's statement all the more depressing, and I think at some point Sara should either move on, or leave to be with Grissom (unless the actress doesn't want to leave the show).

From what I've seen the past two seasons, in terms of any romance on CSI, GSR might not get any closure or get resolved (at least not for awhile), and it seems like either everyone in the lab will just stay friends, which could still end up being the case (hopefully), we'll see, or they will just continue a romantic storyline for Morgan. If that happens, I'm pretty sure it will be with Hodges since the writers seem really invested in his love life too as well as the pairing. the storyline with Elisabetta, might just be an excuse in the end to pursue that. Or it will be, some new guy that comes a long like Matt Davis' character ::rolls eyes::. Whatever. I wouldn't mind outside of work romance though, even if I end up not caring about the ship, as long as it doesn't hog the limelight.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  3. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

If this happened after the George incident, I wonder if she feels like she has to talk nice or not show any annoyance or they will get mad at her.

If this happened before the George incident then I don't know what else to say other than she's been brainwashed. :lol:

4. Leila_Tompkins

Leila_Tompkins Victim

Well this this article was posted just yesterday, it would be after the incident with George. And if you've watched the special features for season 13 they said they plan to fix GSR, seeing how it's CSI's most loved couple pairing. And George will be coming back, they've said he'll hopefully be back by episode 9 or 10 but they don't know anything definitely. I seriously doubt that George is ready to leave the show, otherwise he would've just straight up quit and left rather than standing up for his character.

5. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

He did stand up for his character and he did quit. However, he just can't up and leave because he is under contract.

He wants out of the show and I'm sure his people were trying to get him out of his contract. Quitting shows he wants out.

The writing is bad and they're destroying our beloved characters. :rolleyes:

As for the Grissom thing. Sorry if I don't agree that GSR is the most beloved pairing on CSI. ;) It never should have happened, but I digress, as it shows how the writers destroy everything.

Grissom was a huge part of this shows success and his final scene with Sara was so wrong. They could have shown that scene at the beginning of the episode. His final scene should have been him walking out of the lab and fading to black. They defined his character as being with GSR when it shouldn't have been.

I also don't think that they're making Grissom the bad guy in this or they shouldn't. Sara is. If she loves Grissom so much she wouldn't have left him. She basically gave him an ultimatum and he left his career and life in Vegas to be with her, but she can't make that same sacrifice? :rolleyes: (Yes, I know the actress wanted to come back)

The writers could have just kept the relationship in the background and Grissom in Vegas. :rolleyes: The 'then we'd have to mention Grissom was in the lab and someone just missed him, etc.' :wtf::wtf::wtf: Ah, no you wouldn't. :rolleyes: He could be teaching at the university, travelling for consults, etc. Sorry, but that's just stupid.

And though Petersen is done with the show, he was willing to come back for Marg's goodbye episode. I would think he would come back for the final episode, as well. He should do that for the fans, whether he wants to or not. ;)

As for George, I'm glad he stood up to them. I'm not happy he was suspended, but I guess the truth hurts and tptb can't handle the truth.

I'm assuming they're shooting episode 9 and no mention of him on set so I'm sure he isn't on that episode. I'm not holding my breath for episode 10.

And if they know when he is coming back, for crying out loud, just say when. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Why does everything have to be so damn secretive? tptb we all know YOU'RE the BAD GUYS in this, so stop protecting yourselves. :rolleyes:

6. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

CSI Exclusive: ER's Sherry Stringfield 'Swings' Into Season 14 as New Investigator

I don't see George as coming back. This makes 2 people that they've brought in playing CSI's. They aren't going to have room for him. :(

Susan

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Nope, no room for him and looks like the other veterans will be pushed more and more in the background.

So is Morgan going to put herself out there for this serial rapist, too? :rolleyes: And get raped :rolleyes: and we have deal with more of her angst? :rolleyes:

And what is with us knowing every problem these new people are facing and rarely, if ever, did with the old cast? :wtf:

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Casting Call: Who wants to make an appearance on CSI before it's cancelled? Anyone and everyone but George Eads is welcome to apply! Just be sure you are pretty and/or handsome and have a poetic soul.

:rolleyes:

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Or a drug addicted son. :rolleyes:

10. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Oh, for goodness sake! Didn't Morgan just have a storyline? She needs to have another one? And fyi to tptb, they didn't need to bring on yet another CSI - they could have just brought George back.

If he does come back, there isn't going to be any room for him...

Are Brass, Sara and Greg going to have anything to do?

1 more show after tonight and then I don't have to watch this mess anymore, unless of course, George comes back.

11. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Or maybe they're bringing in more CSIs because George doesn't want to come back.

12. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

Why everybody here believe they don't want George to come back ?
    What if he is the one who doesn't want to return ?

13. Leila_Tompkins

Leila_Tompkins Victim

It does say that it's a guest stint and she'll be playing a swing shift CSI, not grave shift. And it has been said they are gonna have the grave shift working with swing shift for a case, doesn't mean that they are trying to not make room for George to come back. There is still plenty of room for him to come back but it's also his decision.

And from the pic he posted on twitter by Shane Saunders, he seems to be enjoying his time off. None of us know the details of what's going on.

14. byline

byline CSI Level One

I agree with this ... but then, I also know this is a very divisive issue. The problem with it being so divisive (among the fans) is that it's the very thing which seems to have prompted the writers to dissolve the relationship. I agree with you that the relationship could have been kept off-screen. But other fans seemed to want more than that, and were constantly pining for Grissom's return. Knowing that Petersen had no desire to come back, they realized they'd written themselves into a corner and felt they had to pin it down, once and for all.

Of course, this is the problem with catering to a certain segment of the fan base (which I think the powers that be were when they began building up GSR). Had they just left well enough alone, yes, some people would have complained long and loud about putting these two together. But it's almost always a mistake. Look back at all the shows where the two popular characters are brought together into a romantic relationship, and how quickly things fall apart. By appeasing one segment of the fan base, they effectively alienate another group. And then, oftentimes, no one is happy with the result ... not even the people who were lobbying for it!

15. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

George, like the others, is under contract. Though he doesn't want to come back, unfortunately, the decision is not his.

His people would have to work the network to have him released from his contract. If he is coming back soon, which I still don't believe (no one has confirmed when that will be), doesn't mean he wanted to, it's because he's being forced to by the contract and the network.

Also, we don't know how long he is coming back for.

If Sherri's appearance is just a guest stint, why do we have to know anything about her family? No, I think they may be preparing for more, but who knows.