Season 14 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Rena

Rena Rookie

Haha! That was my thought, too :lol:

I got spoiled. Well, no, I spoiled myself by clicking around here. So I knew what to expect, but I didn't like it anyway. The story wasn't credible, and I still don't understand why Nancy had to be killed and/or why Ellie had to be the killer.

And honstely, I can't remember much of the forensics even though I just finished watching :rolleyes:

2. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

No, I do remember that but it's just... I don't know. I had a problem with the crass way in which it was stated. I don't know I feel like Brass is loving respect with regards to show show almost a quickly as Nick and Sara

3. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

yeah, I have severe mixed feelings about Ellie being the killer, maybe I should rewatch the older episodes about Brass and Ellie's storyline, but something felt off about it. Either way, I felt really really sad for Brass :(!

Well, I don't know if they'll tone Morgan down or any of the new characters this season....sadly, I'm not sure they won't, as much as I wish they would.

I miss the overall cohesion/family aspect of the team, and the episode really lacked that. It makes me sad that they keep shoving certain friendships under the rug, or the team just feels divided and not like an ensemble.

Now that it's confirmed that Morgan's alive, from what I've seen in the premiere, it looks like the triangle has died down/will die down, since there wasn't as much reaction from Greg compared to "CSI Down" and Hodges' concern, came across as a more brother/sister reaction IMO.... so maybe she won't play as big a part or won't have much involvement in Greg's upcoming episode (I actually, wonder if the only reason she did last season was because they were too invested in the "who's Morgan attracted to/who will she pick?" storyline, which I'm hoping they'll finally end)?

That would be fine by me if that's the case, but I still wish it was Sara instead of Finn being heavily involved, but again, it seems like certain relationships on this show are being forgotten :(.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  4. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Don't hold your breath! Harnois did an interview with TV Guide (I think) and said that this season she won't know who she wants be with :rolleyes: (Tried to find it, but can't, maybe someone here will remember)

And Sara gets the 300th episode, it centers around her. I don't particularly think that's right as it should center around the veterans. Don't know if this change after George was forced on leave or not, but at least it isn't centering around any of the newbies. In that case, it's better Sara gets it.

5. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

There were two similar interviews where the actress talks about her love life (and says the exact same words) so I think they're the same one just different dates, so it's unclear when that interview really came out (see my previous post about it on this thread). In other words, it may not nessecarily be a spoiler for this season. But we'll see what happens.

If Morgan does end up with someone eventually, to be fair, it does come down to personal preference. Again, there are fans who ship Morgan/Hodges, but I personally don't like it and prefer them as friends. I like Morgan/Greg (whether as a friendship or potentially romantic), especially, when they were developing it in season 12, but the whole soap opera involving Morgan's love life was way too much, and it makes me wish she would end up with no one. If the writers still can't decide, I don't see why they can't just keep her relationships with all the guys platonic. CSI was never primarily about romantic relationships anyway.

Otherwise, I'm mainly tuning in to see whether or not there will be more focus on the originals this season (aside from the fact that Nick is leaving :(-I really hope it's just temporary-and the upcoming episodes centered on Sara and Greg), if they'll ever make the team an ensemble etc., even though I have low expectations for all of that.

I love Sara, so I'm not really complaining about the 300th episode centering around her.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  6. Mr Jo Danville

Mr Jo Danville Witness

Bad bad move csi writers/cbs?!! Fanfic is production! Ruined! unless they plan a twist at end of season 14.

7. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

Hey... I happen to think a lot of fanfic is darn sight better......:p

8. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

You know you're heading in the wrong direction when the fanfiction holds more credibility :rolleyes:

9. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

Precisely my point. :(

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

About Morgan, from the interview with Chris Barbour:

Everyone bounces back quickly after all of their physical injuries on this show. :rolleyes: They are super CSIs!

They need to give it up already with the "bonding" and daddy issues. :rolleyes: Touching base with it every couple of episodes? Thank God Nick won't be in there so I won't have to watch this mess they're making. They show so much follow up and concern with these newer characters and just leave the old ones and their fans hanging. Hate it.

11. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

I highly doubt they will tone down any Morgan drama this season (maybe her love life, after what I've seen in the premiere.....but I could be wrong), I'm not too thrilled about it either, but again, I have to admit, I would take it over a new character being added to the cast.

Even if they give more screen time to the original cast, it really does nothing for me anymore, if the team continues to be so divided and there is little to no personal (or just quality) interaction between most of the characters for the majority of the season, except for Morgan/Ecklie, Morgan/Hodges, and D.B./Finn.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  12. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

You mean like Matt Davis? The “smart, athletic and competitive son of a decorated fireman who seems outgoing on the surface, but deep down he’s a loner with a poetic soul"?

Ick.

13. Gloriana

Gloriana Dead on Arrival

A loner with a poetic soul.

That is textbook fanfic.

14. Ren

Ren Hit and Run

i’m new of the forum. a young guy (56 yo) from Italy. so, be patient with my bad English. i’m not a CSI LV regular viewer; since the Pilot episode i watched only 296 episodes.
    Now, after the Season 14th Premiere, i need to share my concerns...since last week i’m asking “why?” to the wall. but i don’t get any answer...well, what’s the problem? the question is: what are they planning for Brass? The sudden, bloody, tragic end of his family affairs (for years the story has been in the background, so: why this grandguignolesque and over the lines ending?) doesn’t make sense, unless it’s the prelude to Brass’ goodbye. BTW...if Brass goes away, i’ll follow him...i’m eager to know how the story will develop. will he drown into alcohol (again), or will he shoot himself? what’s about his reliability in the interrogation room? and so on. i fear something will be forever lost: the wit, humor, the, sometimes incorrect, one lines; the irony and sarcasm, those glances and the smiles. Guilfoyle is an amazing actor, and he’ll do a great job; but in the last seasons they pushed Brass in a corner; so, why he gets the spotlight now (in this way), unless they wouldn’t get rid of the character? in any case, it’s all about poor writings...but this is another story, for another ranting...

15. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

From MegaBuzz at TVGuide.