Season 14 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jun 1, 2013.

1. MaxPointy

MaxPointy Hit and Run

I'm reserving judgement until I see how it plays out on screen.

Depending on how long CSI stays on the air, it's possible none of the original cast would still be left by the time it crosses the finish line.

It makes sense to cultivate other options, especially if it seems like George Eads has one foot out the door.

I hope this all blows over, but if it doesn't I don't want to watch a show that dwells in the past with the few long-time cast members left spend their time pining away for their lost colleagues.

If the situation with George Eads can't be cleaned up, then by all means make a clean break and move on to the next thing.

2. Micha

Micha Rookie

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation 14.07 "Under a Cloud"

STORY LINE: A man pulled from a flood channel with a bomb in his backpack wakes up speaking a foreign language, and Greg struggles to recall a case from 2006 that may threaten his future as a CSI.

3. CgrGrl

CgrGrl Witness

You are right on that this might be the very best thing for George except that he has a contract with the vultures at CSI so he can't really say anything and can't act anywhere until the end of the year. The longer time has passed without any real news, the longer I am convinced that TPTB knew they were going to fire George from the get go and didn't want him on a competing show. This way they can stifle any comment from him as well as keeping him out of the acting arena until May or whenever the contract is up. The entire scenario is pretty sick and twisted, but this is exactly what I expect from Carol and Co.

4. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

About 2006 and Greg I remember something in season 7, when Greg was in court cause he kill a young man or something. I sounds like this...

5. mirdaishan

mirdaishan Hit and Run

Erm... I care too! I know most people on here don't like her, but I do - I actually started watching CSI again because they brought her on. I've watched the first 5 seasons, then slowly stopped watching and started again at the end of S11, beginning S12. I have seen reruns of S6-11 of course, but definitely not everything.
    I really like Morgan's character, but I do understand some "older" fans (from the start, I mean by older) don't like her getting so much attention.

I definitely agree that there should be more screentime for everyone, not just for the newer characters. It's fun for 1 or 2 episodes per season to focus on a 'side character' (didn't they do an episode once where the focus was on all the lab rats? For 1 episode that's great!), but further it should be about the main characters - Russell, Finn, Nick, Sara, Greg, Morgan and Brass.

I hope that in S14 we also get to see them work as a team more often instead of having 2 of them work on a case together, meaning you have 2 or 3 different cases during 1 episode. Again - fun to do every now and then, but also write some episodes where they all work together on 1 episode, for example like the one they did in - I believe - Season 2 with the bus crash.

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Idk if they'd bring up the Fannysmackin' case again.

7. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I am thinking it could be from something in Season 6, that 2nd half of the season was in 2006.

8. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

But case in early season 7 was in 2006 too so.. But I don't know. They need something fresh, new-not returning to cold cases or old cases.

9. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

The Matt Davis recurring thing sounds like a replacement of the "Nick's dangerous girlfriend" storyline as opposed to Nick himself. It's a recurring role, not a regular one. I'm going to assume the love interest route for someone because that's all the show seems to spin out these days but it would be refreshing if it turned out to be something else. Although I have a feeling it'll be whoever this character interacts with most which will make or break the character in the end. (Which probably narrows that down to three characters in my eyes.)

As for episode 7, the foreign language plot sounds like it could be a bit silly. I know the show has always gone for the '1 in a million chance' stories throughout the entire run but it doesn't quite remember how to handle them well anymore.

I am intrigued about the B-plot involving Greg, particularly as it has the chance for him to show off his professional side. I highly doubt it's the fannysmacking case though, the spoiler suggests he's struggling to recall the case, I think that storyline's pretty integrated into his memory. This could (and should) be a good 'analyse the evidence' subplot, if we discount the inevitable writer **** up which could happen.

10. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I'm beginning to think he is a replacement and George is already gone and they're not telling us.

I hope I'm wrong, but....

Who knows, maybe they'll give the dangerous girlfriend story to Greg. :rolleyes: Which would just be as lame, not because it would be Greg, but because it would be a lame story line.

Greg doesn't even deserve that.

Maybe they can switch to a dangerous boyfriend so Morgan can have another story line. :rolleyes:

11. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Judging by the latest spoiler for 1407, that would depend on whether their desire to continue giving Greg "rejected Nick story arcs" is greater than their reluctance to give him more than one episode in the spotlight per season. :lol:

12. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

Yeah...sorry, Greg already had a storyline, involving a dangerous girlfriend, I don't want to see that again. Even if they end up killing Morgan off (again, I'm still convinced that might happen, as long as the writers and the actress keep hinting it), had Hodges and Elisabetta get married and gradually put an end to the already ongoing soaps, I wouldn't want to see it. There are so many other things the writers could explore to further develop his character, he doesn't need Nick's rejected storylines. But I wouldn't be surprised, if that's what they preferred more these days. He's already due for a story arc.

And if they really want to create a romance for him, at least give him a happy one. Though I doubt that will happen.

I'm not sure that old case will be fannysmacking either. I won't be surprised if the cold case will be made up, but I can't think of anything that could possibly be a threat to his career. It does sound like an intriguing episode though.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  13. Gloriana

Gloriana Dead on Arrival

Judging from some of the spoiler pics, it looks like Greg might be back to his former incarnation as a lab rat for the 300th episode, so I'm thinking it probably won't be a case he worked on as a CSI.

I didn't think they would drag up an actual case we might remember from earlier seasons, I figured they were going to make something up. Kind of like they did when Catherine was flashing back to her first case ever a few seasons back (Can't remember which season, I just remember they found the murder weapon in a tree that had grown in over it). That wasn't an actual case from the first seasons, it was something new they brought in and they used that 'faux back' plot device then too.

Haven't they pretty much done that once a season since Petersen left? Seems like they bring up some case or aspect from the past fairly often (Like Milander's son in the peeping tom deal, and the mystery involving Warrick last season). That always kind of annoyed me, because they seem to fall back on 'the past' rather than just focusing more on the established characters in the present with new stories of their own. Maybe they were trying to throw a bone to long time fans or something, but it has always felt rather like a cop-out, you know?

Anyone else get the feeling Harnois' tweet was a backtrack? That maybe she made it too obvious Morgan is going to live and the head honchos were like "Fix this!" or something? I will be extremely surprised if Morgan dies. I don't hate her character, but I agree with everyone who said they misuse that character and it just becomes grating and boring (and yeah, she already got snatched in that big helicopter drama, having her go 'undercover' for no logical reason is just ridiculous). Not that actors on the show haven't been through the revolving door before, but I just seriously doubt Harnois would be leaving already (and I agree that Ecklie doesn't look like someone who just lost his kid in the spoiler pics of the funeral).

I also agree with whomever said this show has taken a turn down into really needlessly dark and ugly territory. I feel that started to happen way before Petersen left and I personally still think it was probably a big part of the real reason he did. It stopped being a show about science and scientists and became a gory sideshow attraction, you know? They really started to dumb everything down and it devolved into gratuitous junk. I've seen DLA bragging about this in multiple interviews, how he 'knows' the CSI viewers want gory crime scenes, and I guess that's the audience they chose. The ones who want gratuitous blood and violence over the initial audience who tuned in for the smart science aspects and real character development.

I'm not holding out much hope for Greg this season at all. I'm thinking they're going to give him the "Morgan Triangle" and maybe give him some "Old Lab Rat Greg" lines in the 300th episode, and that's about it. The new fella will probably take focus so they can try cramming three seasons worth of character development into one episode like they usually do.

14. Micha

Micha Rookie

CSI 14.07 ''Under A Cloud''

Sage is a Defense Criminalist with the Innocence Project, intelligent, no nonsense, she used to work crime scenes in Detroit and knows her way around a CSI lab. Now, she works closely and carefully with Finlay to determine whether Greg planted evidence in a 2006 case.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  15. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

Thanks ! it sounds interesting ! :)