Season 14 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Smokey, I hated that they made Vega a murderer, too. He and Nick always worked good together.

As for Frank's diner. I didn't mind, so much, that there was a mass murder there, just that they made the owner of the diner the killer. Though I think Nick was actually being Nick in that episode.

Crumbs, you make a lot of valid points. I'd really like to know what you would think if Carol suspended him because he spoke up?

I know it's not an easy job to be a writer, but they should take the time to learn the veteran characters and Carol, for once, should support them. Though she always supports Jorja since she loves GSR. But the writers have even written her out of character.

I've been thinking about the newbies vs. the veterans. You realize it seems, at least to me, that we know more about the newbies than we ever did about the veterans.

Anyone else agree? I know Greg fans will agree, since they've wanted to know about Greg forever. Don't blame them.

At this point it's all wishful thinking.

I don't think any of the current cast/crew are going to support him. I would hope they called him. Contracts can suck.

George, if you do come back or they force you to finish out your contract. Do it with the grace and professionalism I know you can. Don't let them make you out to be even more of a bad guy, they're already making you look like.

Don't worry, know one is fooled by it. :D

2. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

You mean like when they completely turned everything we know about Brass on its ear when they made him hide evidence to support Ray? That's pretty much the poster child for "making a character behave in some absurd way for the sake of making something fit into a dramatic plot point".

Yup, I'm still bitter about that one.

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I agree with that, too. So out of character of Brass. It pissed me off, too.

4. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

I know there is a lot of Nick fans here, but I don't blame neither the writers nor George for what happened. We don't know what happened and I'm pretty sure what was written in articles was wrong. Maybe George just needs a break, who knows ?

5. Gloriana

Gloriana Dead on Arrival

Absolutely, yes. I think they wanted to pull the "Oh no, Brass has crossed a line, what will be the fall out to what he's done??" angle, but it didn't wash at all because it made zero sense (I personally liked the Langston character myself, but I did not believe Brass would do something like that to protect him, not at all). And remember him tapping on the piano keys last season while there was a dead body inside? Could not believe they had Brass doing that.

6. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

It's strange that its already September and there isn't a promo yet for this season.

7. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

I was just about to ask if there was a set date for a promo, or if I missed it. Weird..

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

A page has been created to keep up with news on George's absence as well as to voice opinions, complaints, etc. about him being gone. If you're so inclined, go to Facebook and "like" Bring Back George Eads.

9. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

It depends on the manner of which George spoke up. I'd be pretty disgusted if Carol suspended him based only on the fact he had a disagreement with the writer. However if George was abusive or violent (hypothetically) then I would say that was fair enough. Obviously, I don't think that's how it went down because we probably would have heard more about it and I don't recall George ever having a history of generally acting in that way.

Going back to the good old newbies vs veterans debacle. I honestly thought Season 13 was the most balanced between the team members in terms of screentime. A step in the right direction from a lot of previous seasons. Note I use the term screentime as opposed to screen presence. I guess Sara got some decent presence? Let's give Brass, Greg and Nick (providing George's okay with it ;) ) a decent arc this year please.

One of the biggest wishes (along with more realistic cases) I have for this season is to stop putting Morgan in every damn storyline! I don't have a problem with the character but she seems to be the centre of every single long-term storyline they put out. The daddy-daughter one is okay, well until it intruded into the Brass-Ellie storyline. On top of that they shove her into the Hodges-Elisawhateverhernameis storyline (which is fast becoming more unbearable than Haskell) not to mention Greg supposedly 'has/had' a thing for her and now she's off in danger again despite the fact she's already had "her turn" at being in peril turn last season.

On the contrary, Finn's had pretty much nothing apart from her rampant crusade in Seattle. Which I'm not complaining about. You can keep her presence the same guys. I really like DB but I could do without the family drama. Again, one episode is enough and let's keep him going as the good supervisor please.

Oh and please put an end to this Hodges/his fiancee storyline. PLEASE.

10. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Hmm...I wonder if the dead CSI character's name rhymes with Mou Tartann or Mellie Grass?!

11. byline

byline CSI Level One

Crumbs, a big thumbs-up from me on every one of your suggestions!:thumbsup:

12. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Agreed about Brass. So not in character

Agreed also re Hodgebetta...enough. And of course I want GSR resolution, then leave it be...things weren't THAT bad. And tone down DB's family drama...enough is enough there too.

And totally, quit messing around with Nick...can't say much outside that thread, but I will say that. The 300th ep sounds less and less exciting.

Sadly, it seems like all the series suffered soap opera stuff...we know about Miami, whether you watched or not, and then we get Vassey saying they still wanted a Mac/Jo/Christine triangle-fakeout-whatever on NY...and all the stuff here...ARGH they make me mad. It might be better that they either changed plans (given how s9 was written) or NY ended before they could screw anything up. And I keep thinking it might be time for the same with LV. I like personal storylines, but not to have them overshadow everything else. It isn't like Bones, where that stuff was part of it and intended since the start.

13. monketsharona

I really like George but maybe there is no support to bring to him (even from Jorja or other cast members)... we don't know what happened.
    I'd like to believe he is right in this situation but the total absence of support from the crew make me think that he may have done something wrong.

14. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

There's a little thing called CONTRACT involved for everyone! Besides according to Shane the only one of the "old timers" (George, Jorja, Eric, Paul) in ep 4, when this all happened, was Eric and Eric doesn't really seem to ever defend himself or his character all that often. There isn't really anyone there now that carries the clout that Billy Petersen did back in season 5.

I'll support George for one main reason. It was not denied by his spokesman that he tried to quit. They put him on a leave of absence and as long as he's on a leave of absence he is bound by his contract and cannot say anything to defend himself. -- That tells me that thay're trying to keep him quiet.

Susan

15. monketsharona

We'll see, I just hope he'll return very soon, maybe in episode 6 ?