George/Nick: Texan Charm #13

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Jacquie, Nov 29, 2011.

1. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

They can't let him walk away for good... As of right now, I'm going to chalk it all up to the media creating something out of nothing. They wouldn't have said George would appear later on in the season if they weren't planning for that to be true.. If they knew he was leaving indefinitely, they wouldn't have said anything of the sort. Hopefully.

2. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I hope he comes back, because I like George and Nick.

What were TPTB thinking when they let him leave? This show cannot take another original character leaving.

3. JorjaFoxFan

I was also wondering this..

4. Frybynight

Frybynight Hit and Run

For those pulling out the spoilt actor trope where was that person when we watched him drag himself through episode after episode when he could barely walk.It was painful to watch but he didn't let the show down.Where is the support for him now.The wording of the release just seems to throw him under the bus.

5. CgrGrl

CgrGrl Witness

George has my full support. He has said that he would be loyal to the end, but it seems the show wasn't loyal to him. I can't say that I'm all that surprised, TPTB have been out of touch with the long-time characters for a while now. I also think that they aren't real concerned about their long-time fan base, they are more interested in trying to get a new one. They are just arrogant enough to believe they'll be successful.

6. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Shocking news such as this drag me out of my hole and bring me back here. I'm still a Nick(y)Fan but things changed way too much over the past years.

George/Nick never got what he deserved, which would have been so much more than he actually got. :( But still George continued working for a project he was not comepletely happy with anymore. In his last interviews he said that there were/are times when he is frustrated with the show and the way things are going. In my opinion it was only a matter of time until the big bang! Maybe it was this stupid "dangerous relationship"-storyline they wanted to put on Nick, who knows?

All I know is that this stupid little article isn't telling the whole story. I'm sure there is more to it than that. A regular cast member who has been there since the beginning isn't just taking a leave of absence over a simple argument.

Maybe George snapped this time after keeping his mouth shut way too long? Who could blame him? We all think that this show is going downhill for years now... and I hate what they did to our Nick. :scream: The character isn't the same Nick we grew to love. He changed so much... and I hate what became of him. I only continue watching the show because I really like George and because my heart still beats strong for Nick, even though it's really frustrating to watch these days.

Even if George came back, I doubt it will be for good. It's like Smokey said... they won't write any good stuff for him and I hate to watch the show (when he is in it) knowing he is not happy with what he is doing.

George was right for stepping up and protecting his character. It sucks that all the years and the energy he put into the show (he was even filming when he should have been in the hospital because of his back, for christ's sake! :scream:) don't seem to matter to tptb. It really is a shame! George deserves so much better than that! :(

So George if you read this... stay strong, we support you every step of the way and we think you did the right thing! :thumbsup:

Greetings from Germany! :)

7. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I wouldn't doubt it, especially after seeing that utterly ridiculous spoiler pic of
    Morgan chained by her neck to a wall.
    WTF?? :wtf: The show has become an embarrassment to watch. I can't imagine having to act out these awful scripts.

Agreed. That is just horrible. He's been more loyal to the show than anyone to the extent of severe physical pain and then given nothing to work with the past several seasons...nothing...and now this is how they treat him.

None of us know the whole story, of course, and I wouldn't excuse him if he did or said something totally inappropriate. I wouldn't excuse it, but I would understand the frustration that caused it.

8. JorjaFoxFan

Couldn't agree more. I think Eads will come out victorious, simply because they can't afford the fans it would cost to lose yet another original.

9. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Hi NickyFan :)

One thing that has come out of this is how much George still fights for Nick after all these years. It's good to see that he still wants whats right for Nick and for himself as an actor.

I will certainly continue to watch the show but if one falls asleep through an episode one may not worry to much on picking it up later :shifty:

10. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Hey NickyFan.

A little bit more from E-news

Sounds like George has been fighting for Nick at least a few years.

Jacquie, I was falling asleep last season - with Nick! I've got no chance without him. :(

I'm glad George is standing up for Nick. He has an awful lot invested in the character over the last 13 years. Unlike some others I'm not at all positive he's coming back. An actress from Blue Bloods was on "leave" last year and has never come back. If he's been fighting for Nick for the last few years I don't think it's going to be that east to convince him to go on a leave of absence for a few months or so. Plus according to all the articles I've read they won't give a date/episode for when he's coming back.

Susan

11. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

And his fans have been saying this for years too. It's too bad it had to come to this tho.

I'm not sure he'll come back either. And I hope he doesn't...unless there are some major changes made, but that would assume that he took this leave on his own terms. Otherwise he'll come back to the same ridiculous storylines written for other characters and he'll still get nothing.

Although I wish it had turned out better, I am HAPPY that he stood up for himself and his character.

But it is flat out bullshit and a shame that he will miss the 300th episode. That pisses me off. If it was a throwaway episode like the 200th, big deal. But it had promise. :( SO completely wrong. So wrong.

I wasn't thrilled about watching this season anyway because of the lack of good storylines for Nick, so now I have absolutely no reason to watch.

I do hope George reads here and not just online comments on the articles because the TRUE fans are here and supporting him. Not just his fans, but most CSI fans.

Now...what would be great would be if he could get on a talk show or two and tell his side of what happened.

12. JorjaFoxFan

It's absolutely baffling to me that this is even an issue at all! A new group of writers are throwing a fit because the actor who has portrayed a character for longer than they've even been employed there is trying to correct their mistakes before they happen? It shocks me that Eads doesn't have exclusive final say over his character!

And Carol Mendelson, who has been there since the very beginning, opposes his involvement as well. It's disgusting to me, tbh. I feel bad for the guy, he's doing what's right, he's invested so much and now he might lose his job over simply trying to bring some integrity back to his character.

13. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Unless things do change, I have a feeling we've seen the last of Nick :( Me thinks CSI is on the outs.

As much as I would love to hear George's side of the issue, I some how doubt he'd do this. George just doesn't seem to be the type of person to air dirty laundry.

14. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

Lots of things bother me with this story, one of them being the nameless writer (who is referred to as "an episode's co-writer" in other websites). I'm going to ignore the ridiculous "8 month pregnant writer" part of it and assume the problem was more between Eads and Mendelson than the writer until we're told more.

15. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Seriously, when Petersen was there and in the beginning the writers always welcomed their ideas and problems with the characters.

These new writers don't know the original characters at all.

CM is the one that should be removed from the show. I, also, think if Zuiker was still in charged this wouldn't be happening.