CSI: New York is cancelled.

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Nightfoxxy, May 10, 2013.

1. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Talked Angela into doing a 12th season,then proceeded to put it in the same timeslot as Friends,knowing they would get clobbered in the ratings and thus could use that as an excuse to cancel the show,which they did.
    I know we are upset with CBS over CSI Miami and NY but they've done far worse.
    PLus,they didn't have to bring it back for a season 9 and I'm glad they did.
    That and the fact that unlike so many other shows,I didn't find myself wishing they had ended it a season earlier.

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Ah. I've seen some eps of the series, my mom watches it on occasion in reruns, but didn't know much.

That is true, about the fact that it could've gotten axed last year, and it had a decent ending, unlike Miami.

Looking at the interview, I do think that if they'd gone with that zigzag wedding, they might not have shown him proposing to Christine, or if they'd chosen to try for a Mac/Jo thing later, they wouldn't have had the proposal, but it still had way too much potential to go wrong and seem forced, and after coming to like Mac/Christine, I'd still have been grumpy about it. Sometimes I still wonder what the writers were using....yes, I'm looking at YOU, regular CSI writers...must've been passing it to both shows.

3. Screenplayer

Screenplayer Hit and Run

Could this whole Mac/Jo thing be because Megan Dodds decided not continue in the show and Melina Kanakaredes didn't accepted come back, so they went to the easy route? I just hope they were not planning to make the whole season 9 be some kind of Mac's dream while he was recovering from the surgery and it was Jo praying while holding his hand and not Christine? (With Christine deciding not stay with him because she can't hold any of this anymore?)

Can be this an attempt to make us happy for the show be canceled?

4. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Maybe..

But I don't see Gary allowing that to happen.

5. Screenplayer

Screenplayer Hit and Run

And not forgetting that Mac would have a lot explain to Sid on why Flack got a girlfriend and he got a cancer.

6. MacsGirlMel

I never got that impression...would have been even more mad at them if that'd been the case lol.

7. MacsGirlMel

PS I still wonder if they had talked about these things actually earlier in development than we might think, and that if they'd decided on one of those routes, part of season 9 wouldn't have been different...that's the only way it would have made any sense, it sure wouldn't with what we got. They could still have hooked them up down the road if they'd gotten more seasons, I guess, though I still wouldn't have liked it.

8. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

I don't see the whole Mac/Jo thing working. I think Jo was accepted into the family and thus having the close net but not like Stella (if that makes sense). If the whole Christine thing didn't work I would have rather seen Mac just stay single.

If CBS knew of the cancellation early on then they should have let the show know so they could have given us a decent send off. Not that S9 was bad, but now the linger of baby #2 for the Messer's. Sid cancer. Mac asking Christine to marry him. It all looms over us unexplored personal storylines that will never have an ending.

UGH CBS do you know the kind of torture that is?? Do You! Its maddening, simply maddening!

Okay rant out of the way. Yes I'm still bummed....

9. MacsGirlMel

Well I still thought it was ok for a finale, though I'd like to have seen some things tied up more.

Double score today, seasons 8&9 for $24...those in the US, see if you have Disc Replay by you, they have season sets cheaper than regular retail. I do wish I'd kept s1 but maybe they'll get more seasons another time or I can try at Christmas/bday.

10. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

:eek: W-wh-wh-a-at? :wtf: Seriously? Oh no-no-no-noooooooo! Please just no :( :( :( :(
    I'm so sad.....

Just when I started to feel the show again it gets ripped off... :mad: Awfully familiar dejavu *cough*CSIM*cough* :censored:

Me not happy :klingon:

Ahh *thud* I know it's not news, but still... :brickwall:

11. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Going to be weird next month when the show isn't on the scedule...once NCIS and CSI go..my viewership on CBS will likely come to an end.

12. MacsGirlMel

I even quit on the original,though I follow spoilers...if they fix their mistake, I'll go back. But yeah, not much there to watch now.

13. misssherlock

misssherlock Civilian

all good things come to an end . Pity both CSI NY and Miami are finished both had there merits:p.

14. Screenplayer

Screenplayer Hit and Run

Changing the topic a little, Criminal Minds will hit 200th episode next season. I sadly say that we are the 200th episodeless of the lot.

15. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

Use to adore that show but then they went to that dark and creepy place. Some of those eps were well creepy.

As for CBS I have one show Blue Bloods, yes it won a place in my heart. But personally my network will be NBC. The Blacklist looks decent as does Ironside. I adore Chicago Fire so totally checking out the spin off.