Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by jafox, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

The finale was excellent. It wasn't as action-packed as the penultimate episode it was packed with exciting storylines coming up with Arya, Jon, Sansa, Tyrion, Daenerys, and others.

Seriously, I'm going to be disappointed if Daenerys doesn't get the throne in the end. I hope this build up of her story and the dragons is not just for nothing but an ultimate win in the end. I'm fine with any Stark I guess but still no one shows interest in the throne. I hope they and Tyrion help Daenerys destroy the Lannisters. I hate them so much. I hate how they treated Tyrion after winning the battle. It's going to be interesting on the Lannister side next season.

If I have to guess, it will still be the Lannisters vs Stannis next season while Dany builds her own army and prepare to take over. Arya goes to Bravos. Sansa finally meets her mom and brother.

I wonder where the Hound is?

I hope there's more Arya and Jaqen next season. I want to see Arya show off some tricks like Jaqen does!

And yes, next season is going to be epic with the addition of the walkers!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  2. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

So... who's looking forward to March 31?

I can safely say I've never been so excited for a season premiere than this one and having gone ahead and read the book, I reckon we are in for one hell of a season! :D

And you're not excited yet, first of all, shame on you and secondly, hopefully watching the recently released extended trailer will change your mind! (Make sure you avoid the comments though for unwanted spoilers!)

Click for S3 Trailer

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  3. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

ME!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

4. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Thanks for posting the trailer. I'm definitely excited for its return!

5. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I'm still in shock after last night's episode of The Red Wedding. I haven't read the books, so I was completely in the dark. But I don't know if knowing what was to happen would have made it any easier. It was either the best hour of television, or the worst, depending on your ability to handle the violence and the emotional punch to the gut.

I can say it was epic, and artfully executed, and one I won't forget...ever. The silence at the end was deafening, and painfully appropriate.
    I have no idea what to expect from next week's finale. But I do know I couldn't stop watching now if I wanted to.

Anyone else here catch it? Anyone still numb? I don't think I can fully process what happened until I see some of the aftermath in the finale. And poor Arya. Geez. I'd like to think she would become the heroine that survives all this; but I know no one is safe in this show.

RIP Robb Stark, and Catelyn, and Talisa, and Greywind, and the countless others that met their doom. Sad, sad, sad. This was a rough one.

7. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

I haven't read the books, but last season, I found a website that offers a recap of them and drills down to the stories and fates of each character. I knew last night was going to happen, but it still was shocking watching it. I felt so bad for Arya - getting so close to reuniting with her family and not being able to see them. Hell, I even wanted Jon Snow and Bran to reunite.

Oh, and I won't spoil it for you, but this week's events had to happen because it sets the stage for some major things that occur in next week's finale and the start of next season. :)

8. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Knew what was coming but it didn't make it any less difficult to watch. If anything it was more brutal on the show, particularly with the Talissa stabbing which wasn't even in the books and genuinely shocked me to the core! I look forward to seeing the rest of the Red Wedding in this week's episode! ;)

The reactions have been some of the best bits of the episode. Youtube is full of some fantastic videos which were reminiscent of some of my friends who I was watching it with.

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant episode which cements the show as possibly my favourite of all time (that or Breaking Bad). So looking forward to what's in store for the finale!

9. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Ok, so the finale may have been a bit of a let down considering the penultimate episode, but I liked it. With all the story lines going on on this show, this episode seemed to set the stage for next season.
    I remain a huge fan of Arya and the Hound; I can't help it, I loved her 'first' kill.
    And, will someone just give Dance recognition for his portrayal of Tywin? Loved his smackdown of Joffrey, and his scene with Tyrion. The casting in this show is so amazing.
    Lots of interesting character moments in this one. Very much looking forward to next season.

10. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I have to admit when I first started to watch this show that I wasn't going to like it. I could never get into movies or shows like this before. But after just one episode I was sold and I watched every season in a week. Can't wait for season 4 :)