Criminal Minds #4: We Take Care Of Our Own!

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Guybrush Threepwood

Guybrush Threepwood CSI Level One

Thank. God.

I hope the ladies didn't cave!

2. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

THE BAU TRACKS AN UNSUB TARGETING PEOPLE IN DETROIT, AND BLAKE'S HUSBAND RETURNS WITH A CAREER-CHANGING JOB PROPOSAL FOR HER, ON "CRIMINAL MINDS," WEDNESDAY, MAY 15

Guest Stars Include D.W. Moffett as Blake's Husband James, and Erin Cummings as Kidnap Victim Emma Churchill

"#6" – The BAU goes to Detroit to track an UnSub with a rapidly changing MO. Also, Blake's husband returns from overseas with a life-changing career proposition for her, on CRIMINAL MINDS, Wednesday, May 15 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Guest stars include D.W. Moffett as Blake's husband James and Erin Cummings as kidnapping victim Emma Churchill.

CHEAT TWEET: The BAU heads 2 Motor City 2 track an UnSub & Blake's husband returns w/a surprise 4 her on #CriminalMinds 5/15, 9pm http://bit.ly/14TmuIk

SERIES REGULARS:
    Joe Mantegna (David Rossi)
    Thomas Gibson (Aaron Hotchner)
    Shemar Moore (Derek Morgan)
    Matthew Gray Gubler (Dr. Spencer Reid)
    A.J. Cook (Jennifer "JJ" Jareau)
    Kirsten Vangsness (Penelope Garcia)
    Jeanne Tripplehorn (Alex Blake)

GUEST CAST:
    Adam J. Harrington (Phillip Connor)
    Giovanni Adams (Brendon)
    Nathan Davis (Eddie)
    Gracemarie Serafina (Elizabeth Garrett)
    D.W. Moffett (James Blake)
    Allison Lane (Mary Hammond)
    Jocelyn Ayanna (Dr. Harriet Jones)
    James Moses Black (Detective Ron Keaton)
    Matthew Floyd Miller (Dennis Hammond)
    Erin Cummings (Emma Churchill)
    Bruce Kenny (CEO #1)
    Cliff Berens (CEO #2)
    Elisabeth Noone (Agatha Connor)
    Maggie Lehman (Maya Connor)

WRITTEN BY: Breen Frazier
    DIRECTED BY: Karen Gaviola (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, CSI: NY & CSI: Miami)

3. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Me either. This is one case where the actresses have every right to feel angry about how they've been treated.
    Pagat and A.J. were treated like crap by the show and I don't blame A.J. and Kristen for putting their foots down now.

4. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Actually, I kinda wonder if it was really CBS telling the show they can't pay the actresses too much.

5. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

One can wonder but I have to say I wouldn't trust CBS and the producers on this one.

6. Guybrush Threepwood

I think if the issue was that they couldn't pay the actresses too much then logically they shouldn't be able to pay the actors too much either. Otherwise it'd be easy enough to level how much they're paid in other ways rather than telling the women that they cannot possibly get a raise.

7. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Yeah. I wonder if maybe they just couldn't pay those salaries and have CSI: NY back on. Depending on how the contract negotiations went if there were any and how much GS and others were making.

8. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

THE REPLICATOR RETURNS TO TARGET A MEMBER OF THE BAU, AND HOTCH'S BROTHER IS CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TEAM'S LATEST INVESTIGATION, ON THE TWO-HOUR EIGHTH SEASON FINALE OF "CRIMINAL MINDS," WEDNESDAY, MAY 22

Mark Hamill Guest Stars

Bellamy Young Returns as Hotch's Girlfriend, Beth Clemmons, and Eric Johnson Reprises His Role as Hotch's Brother, Sean

"Brothers Hotchner" and "The Replicator" – The Replicator zeroes in on the BAU when the killer targets one of the team as the next victim. Also, the BAU is called in to investigate a string of deaths in Manhattan tied to apparent ecstasy overdoses, and Hotch discovers that his estranged brother, Sean, is caught in the middle, on the two-hour eighth season finale of CRIMINAL MINDS, Wednesday, May 22 (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Mark Hamill guest stars. Bellamy Young returns as Hotch's girlfriend, Beth Clemmons, and Eric Johnson reprises his role as Hotch's brother, Sean.

CHEAT TWEET: #TheReplicator faces off w/the BAU – who will win? Find out on the 2-hr. season finale of #CriminalMinds 5/22, 9pm http://bit.ly/15XTdvC

SERIES REGULARS:
    Joe Mantegna (David Rossi)
    Thomas Gibson (Aaron Hotchner)
    Shemar Moore (Derek Morgan)
    Matthew Gray Gubler (Dr. Spencer Reid)
    A.J. Cook (Jennifer "JJ" Jareau)
    Kirsten Vangsness (Penelope Garcia)
    Jeanne Tripplehorn (Alex Blake)

GUEST CAST ("Brothers Hotchner"):
    Jayne Atkinson (FBI Section Chief Director Erin Strauss)
    Bellamy Young (Beth Clemmons)
    Eric Johnson (Sean Hotchner)
    Cade Owens (Jack Hotchner)
    Kara Luiz (Liz Leonte)
    Annabelle Borke (Anna Johnson)
    Sean Maguire (Thane Parks)
    Steve Wastell (Jim Peters)
    Matthew Grathwol (Greg Matulic)
    Brie Eley (Kimberly Sullivan)
    Paul Shaw (Bernard Hatchitt)
    Meghan Strange (Catherine Hatchitt)
    Avery Kristen Pohl (Kiegan Hatchitt)
    Tony Mirrcandani (Walter Beaird)
    Richard Augustine (Larry Feretich)

GUEST CAST ("The Replicator"):
    Jayne Atkinson (FBI Section Chief Director Erin Strauss)
    Mark Hamill (John Curtis)
    Nicholas Brendon (Kevin Lynch)
    Teresa Huang (Dr. Weiss)
    Kara Luiz (Liz Leonte)
    Brian Appel (Agent Anderson)
    Mark Moses (Senator Cramer)
    Breanne Hill (Strauss Child #1)
    Emma Marcus (Strauss Child #2)
    Jordan Ledford (Strauss Child #3)

WRITTEN BY: Rick Dunkle (hour one); Erica Messer, one of the series' executive producers (hour two)
    DIRECTED BY: Rob Bailey (hour one); Glenn Kershaw (hour two)

9. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

Well, I don't know what the spoilers were leading up to this episode because I stayed away from them, however I am actually quite shocked that they killed off Strauss. Especially so soon into the episode!

It was a good finale. I really feel for Rossi, and Reid can finally begin to get some closure.

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  10. Guybrush Threepwood

I read no spoilers at all either, but I'd already guessed someone was going to die, and I'd already guessed it'd be Strauss. I'm sad, but still happy that it wasn't someone else. This character's death made sense. I found the episode brilliant all in all, especially since they didn't move over to the actual Replicator deal instantly but focused on other things first. That made the actual "finale" part more fast paced and it meant they couldn't drag it out too much. I was especially happy to see that they gave the season a proper end without a cliffhanger. Too often TV-shows seem to think that they HAVE to end a season with a cliffhanger and then it gets really predictable.

I definitely feel for Rossi, because it seems he and Reid are both victims of bad luck when it comes to love lately. And yet, to me it feels like he can handle it. Like, Reid nearly broke and although it'll haunt Rossi, he can handle it. I'm glad that tragedy struck someone who'll be able to work through it.

Overall I don't have anything to complain about. Mark Hamill was absolutely splendid as the bad guy and I really loved how they shaped his character. I also loved the end with Rossi stepping slightly on the "wrong side", when he didn't give the Replicator a chance of escaping but merely chose to throw his own word in his face and then let him die in there. I thought it fit perfectly. It was a season finale I was very happy with.

11. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I think this was my second favorite season finale (behind "Flashpoint's" "Keep the Peace") this season. :)

I totally knew the second they announced he was guest starring that Mark Hamill was going to be 'The Replicator' but it didn't bother me in the least knowing it.

I didn't expect Strauss to die but If she's not on screen I usually forget about her. I was just glad that it wasn't one of the main member of the team.

Really like the fact that 'The Replicator' was after Blake but unlike with CSI it wasn't obvious until they wanted it obvious. That kept it a much more 'team' oriented finale and much less a 'new girl' oriented finale.

Susan

12. Guybrush Threepwood

That's what I loved as well. It was about Blake, and yet it was about all of them at the same time. It wasn't like he spent every last moment making sure she was tormented - it was equally important that they all knew how smart and great he was, so they were all targets and I liked that. Then it became about them as a family, and just partly about her, at the end. I totally figured Mark would be the Replicator too, I mean, he's not really the type of actor who'd get cast as a police officer with two seconds of camera time. It just seemed that was the only part that fit, but it didn't bother me either and I'm very adamant about not getting spoiled.

13. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Just saw this episode on my DVR. Mark Hamill was great and in retrospect,who he was made perfect sense.
    Only someone with direct access to the various cases could know all the details about when most of them hadn't even made it to trial. Which would mean the FBI or Justice Department.
    Wasn't shocked about Strauss. They said someone wouldn't survive and since everyone else was coming back,it had to be her.
    Solid episode all around and I hope Season 9 will be good,because IMO it will be the last one.

14. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

CBS releases fall premier dates

Susan

15. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I wish Paget Brewster hadn't left the show but I fully understand why she did. Just another "smart" move by CBS.