Grade 'Civilized Lies'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jan 11, 2013.

?

How would you grade Civilized Lies?

1. A+

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. A

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. A-

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. B+

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. B

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. B-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  13. F

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

New CSI: NY tonight! Take a look and share your thoughts below.

2. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

I wasn't sure if I was going to like this or not. But after it was done I did enjoy it. I thought it was a pretty strong storyline and it each of the characters were well done. I gave it a strong A.

3. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I have seen a lot of far-fetched episodes of CSI...but this was just over the top. Why don't they use these unorthodox methods in every case? They'd be bound to win every one... :rolleyes: So much for playing by the book.

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I'm with Speedslady, I enjoyed it.

5. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Technically it was all by the book as they didn't break a single rule of police interrogation. And they don't go to such lengths in every case because not every case involves the murder of a police officer. Remember how Mac specifically stated that all the stops were being pulled to find and bring in Angell's killer? Same thing. And before anyone starts going on about how every murder should be treated the same, tough, that's not how it works when it comes to a cop's murder. Obviously CSI: NY is a tv show and way dramatized the whole thing compared to real life, but the mentality and bottom line are the same.

I liked the episode. Considering the "same-y-ness" of the setting, it would have been a bit more interesting if there had been something more at stake beyond the confessions of both the criminals, but the Gary and Eddie gold in more than one scene was so awesome and I had so missed that intensity and spark.

6. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Solid episode all around and great scenes with both Eddie and Gary.
    As to the legality of what they did,they played by the book in this episode. As Jadenolan stated,everything they did was perfectly legal.
    If you want to see a case where Flack and Eddie bent the rules,Who's There from last season does that. Cops can lie to suspects about almost anything but they can't promise them a lighter sentence as a way to get a confession.

7. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I liked this episode. Loved seeing Mac get mad and the actor who played Anthony did good too.

I would have thought that maybe they would have somehow made a mention of how Lindsay felt when Danny was shot even though he was off duty.

8. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

That would have been great for Lindsay. I have read several comments that the writers don't know how to write her. I agree, and introducing that would have given her a layer of sorts.

9. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

That would make sense as to why she seems to get the shaft when it goes to writing her character.

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

This was the best episode of the season so far and one of the best of the entire series IMO. Just really well done from start to finish. It gets an A from me.

11. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

12. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Way more over the top than CSI: Miami's "Burn Baby Burn," outer space episode, that episode with terrorist chick/H with rocket launcher, Brazil rampage etc. etc.?

As for doing it in every case, it's simple: not every case has the same set of evidence or same turn of events. How tiring would it be if every episode we see them edit a dead guy's video file? And the CSIs didn't really do any unorthodox procedure.

This episode is an A for me. One of the best. But I thought Lindsay was kind of awkward in the episode. Lovato fits in really well.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  13. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

(slightly long) Watched it a second time and it's even better then the first time. Both Cahill and Sinse nailed their roles in this one.
    As mentioned before,everything they did in this episode was by the book and didn't irk me at all. I can't say the same about these episodes from various CSIS..

Who's There - Mac and Flack crossed a line in promising a lighter sentence to one of the suspects if he would confess. That is taking on the role of the DA and judge and would be tossed.

How Does That Make You kill - Murder or not,no way it is legal for Delko and Calleigh to be going through hundreds of confidental patient files and using information gathered from that to arrest someone.

Throw in a lot of the episodes towards the end of CSI Miami where Horatio chucked out that whole due process thing and simply took the law into his own hands.

14. PavlovsDog

PavlovsDog Victim

I actually found this to be the worst episode of the season so far.