CSI: New York is cancelled.

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Nightfoxxy, May 10, 2013.

1. MFlack2012

MFlack2012 Victim

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :scream: How could you?? Okay so I'm completely shocked and sick to my stomach. Shouldn't have looked at Eddie's twitter today, because it's just been one crappy day from start to finish and CBS has just made it worse.

Can I just put it out there that Unforgettable coming back this year and me actually liking Chicago fire- Can you throw Eddie Cahill and Poppy Montgomery back together on Unforgettable? And maybe dump Gary onto Chicago fire set for new roles? And Pretty Please throw AJ in the mix too. They are great actors and I can't seriously be without Eddie every week on my screens.

You could just throw Carmine in there if you wanted too and I wouldn't mind Sela being placed too. We'll already have Natalie Martinez on her new show. The others I'll watch if they so happened to pop up every now and then. You owe me big time CBS!

2. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Treatment Cold Case got was even worse CRM. As it is,I was grateful we got two extra seasons for CSI NY,even if they were shortened,then none at all.
    And in a way,maybe it was a good thing. It didn't let storylines drag out and we avoidied dud episodes like in seasons 5 and 6.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Sad news! :( Not shocking but definitely unfortunate. :(

4. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

Woke up this morning hoping that this was nothing more then a bad dream... *Sigh* :( :( :(

5. FANCSIme

FANCSIme Civilian

Of all the shows on CBS, they had to choose this one to cancel! :( :( So what are we 9.6 million viewers (last episode) supposed to watch NOW?!!! Actually, if there were 9.6 million viewers on the last show, (and we know not all were counted) what does this say about the 9 seasons of followers? Can we spell L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y?!

Surely, all good things must come to an end, so I guess we just hope that Gary & the Gang find great replacement shows where we can, once again, enjoy our favs. I'm losing faith in CBS to maintain my loyalty, though.

You're right, Speedslady......hoping this is just a bad dream....

We love ya, CSI:NY and Good Luck! We'll be waiting and watching for your NEW roles in the seasons to come! :)

6. MaxPointy

MaxPointy Hit and Run

Sad to see it go, but I'd rather see it go out strong while it still had good writers and the core cast in tact.

I didn't want to see CSI:NY limp along like other shows that have to let key cast members and writers go in a desperate attempt to keep the show financially viable.

Plus the show ended each of its last three seasons with episodes that could have doubled as series finales (which is not something that could be said for Miami)

Nine years was a good run. I'm sorry it's over but glad it ended before it could become a shadow of its former self, or worse, a punchline.

7. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Definitely unfortunate. I've logged on for the first time in a very long time (amazingly I remembered my login details) to share my sadness.

I will always remember NY fondly, even if I haven't been overly engrossed during the last few years. I've met some great people thanks to this show!

Luckily, I guess, we haven't had the last season yet in the UK so I still have that to look forward to. I may even shed a tear when it comes to an end. :(

8. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Agree with you 100% on that quote. ANgell getting killed was part of that process as well as reducing the number of episodes. And despite all that,CSI NY ended on a high note.
    I'd rather have that then how JAG,X-Files and other shows slowly sputtered towards an ugly end.

9. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Yeah, I totally agree. I'd rather it end then sputter at the end.

10. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I could've sworn I read a headline yesterday that the CPD show got the green light. I'd try to look it up right now, but I don't have too much computer time left, and I haven't even put up the schedule yet for Miami episodes airing this weekend! Toodles...;)

11. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

When I wrote that, I hadn't really checked to be sure. :lol:

But yeah, the Chicago PD has been given a go.

12. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

This proves it...CBS has a terminal case of STUPIDS. Gee CBS, why don't you just ruin my year and cancel all your good shos? What's that CBS? you don't know whch shows are the good ones? Let me name them for you: Hawaii Five-0, NCIS, CSI, Person Of Interest, Elementary, Undercover Boss and Blue Bloods. Those are the good shows you still have. You've already cancelled all your best shows: Diagnosis Murder, Nash Bridges, Ghost Whisperer, NUMB3RS, Made In Jersey, CSI: Miami and now CSI:NY. Keep this up, CBS, and you're going to have to change your name from CBS to Crap TV.
    Telling CBS off was the only way I could put how I feel about this news in to words. I've said my peace. Now I'm going to tumblr, Twitter and Facebook to give CBS a piece of my mind 3 more times.

13. Mr Jo Danville

Mr Jo Danville Witness

it had a good run, there's still chances that sela might go to csi?

14. MFlack2012

MFlack2012 Victim

You know what? I'm not ready to give up :(.

A month after it was cancelled, Unforgettable was revived and given another season by CBS. Even though ratings had dropped to where CSI:NY was on it's last few episodes. Can we dare to hope for CSI:NY? Just one more season or three more episodes is all we want. A real closure for nine years of our lives. CBS can surely give us that?

Maybe they're just trying to scare us and make us realise that after a season 10, there's no more hope?

:wtf::confused:

15. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

While I am going to miss CSI NY, it had a good run, and I'm glad that it went out with such an excellent episode. Here's hoping that all of the cast and crew find much success with other projects.