CSI: NY Renewed for Season 9

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 13, 2012.

1. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

I am offically depressed. I am so heartbroken and sadden by this. There is nothing left for me on CBS but one single show. I don't even follow CSI, CM or NCIS like I use to. I need chocolate... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

So what was it,the ratings? Did the new shows really do that much better?

3. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

No that is the thing, golden boy and vegas did really bad. After NCIS & NCIS LA both did excellent in the ratings but golden boy dipped hugely. Both NCIS shows did in around 17 million golden boy only had 7 million or fewer.

And vegas (which got cancelled as well) they were worse then that. CBS will take a hit over this. CM did get picked up for S9.

4. Criminalist

Criminalist Rookie

I'm disappointed that CBS didn't renew NY. But, I guess I'm not to surprised, they like to cancel a lot of good shows, and keep crappy ones like Golden Boy.

5. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Actually Golden Boy was canceled as well.

6. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Goldenboy was a dead show walking,as was Vegas. As for CSI NY,the fact it got renewed after season 8 was a long shot after it having the number of episodes reduced and it being moved to a timeslot on a bad night.
    The fact it got renewed for one more season was amazing but I sadly had the same feeling with it that I did with my other favorite CBS show COld Case. That lighting wasn't going to strike twice.
    Nine seasons is nothing to sneeze at and the last season was pretty solid. At least it ended ion a positive note.
    A great show with many great memories.

7. Duke

Duke Witness

Ugh. Officially depressed. :(

What I wanna know is when the heck will they show season 9 in the UK!? We normally get it around January. The DVD will be released soon. Looks like I'll be buying and watching before Ch5 schedule it.

I had a feeling this would happen, especially after Miami. 4 things are to blame:

1. Killing off Angell - popular character, bad move
    2. Losing Melina - popular actress, bad move
    3. Too many Mac-centric episodes - popular character, but Mac overkill
    4. Danny and Lindsay - Danny, popular character Lindsay, not so much - put the 2 together - bye bye the Danny that we all know and loved (no more Flack/Danny) hello wimpy Messer. Yawn.

8. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Melina chose to leave the show. Not much you can do about that.
    Agree with you about the rest. The new love intrest for Cahill was pointless when Angell was great for him.

9. MacsGirlMel

i dont think DL was really a reason...a lot of people around the web seemed ok with it. dont really see Danny as wimpy either but,that's just me.

10. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Mistake! We have already seen Season 9.

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  11. MacsGirlMel

I thought that at least the s9 finale was a nice bookend of sorts though I hoped it'd continue.,I can see though why it might be hard to pick up from.