"Ghosts of the Past" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 5, 2013.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Episode Title: 'Ghosts of the Past'
    Episode Number: 1321
    Synopsis: "The CSI team investigates the death of a ghost hunter."
    Original Airdate
    : May 08, 2013

Written By: Andrew Dettmann
    Directed By: Brad Tanenbaum

Guest Stars:

• Larry Mitchell as Officer Mitchell
    • Billy Aaron Brown as Owen Webber
    • Erica Dasher as Carrie Sinlair
    • Yani Gellman as Doug Lasky
    • Ian Bohen as Jeff Pope
    • Eric Lange as Scott Tunnicliff
    • Kiersten Warren as Monica Downs
    • Shea Elmore as Receptionist

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

The promo just because I have not seen it posted yet.

3. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

promo looks good.

4. riddick

riddick Rookie

Poor Henry:lol:

5. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

A bit creepy, but not the creepiest. Which is fine, I didn't need that tonight

Nice continuity from Spellbound

Glad to see there's an explanation why Sara's gone next week. Going to see follow up on her old case next season?

I noticed Nick's been hanging around the lab more and more this season

Some science, but still nice balance of beliefs :)

6. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

Laughable. I'm sorry but I couldn't take a second of this seriously, and frankly I don't think it was intended to be so.

So, after 13 years Greg has all of a sudden been a psychic his whole life? His secret passion? Speaking of, what happened to historian Greg with his interests in underground Vegas? Greg keeps changing as a character, which is fine, but it isn't sequential. He's like three different characters.

I hate Finn and Morgan. I thought I would eventually warm up to them, and I promise I gave both a chance.

On a related note, I just don't care who the hell Morgan "decides" to love. I can't stand her character, her behaviour, or the sheer amount of makeup she cakes on for every episode.

Apart from all the character faults I've been increasingly annoyed by, the episode was weak in my opinion. Not all paranormal theorists are crazy. I realize that they tried to counter the "crazy" claims by incorporating Greg's "old, never mentioned before, passion" but it was weak. The killer's identity wasn't very shocking, which is fine, however his reasoning was even more meek.

On another note, Ted Danson really looks like he's given up.

7. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I happened to enjoy this episode and maybe that is because I've watched some Ghost Hunters.

And as for Greg's physic ability, he did mention is back in season 6 Spellbound and he actually explained why he has not really talked about it since then because he chose Science over that. I don't think it came out of the blue because of that mention back then. I remember him telling Grissom in that episode that he believe you could still be spiritual and believe in Science too.

I like Morgan and I just think they need to stop trying to make her someone's girlfriend. A simple friend would be nice. I also wish they would stop constantly having her and Greg work together. I hope next season they have more of the originals working together, Greg and Nick or with Sara.

I did think it was odd two lab rats went to the scene alone with no CSI with them to investigate things.

And the killer was a surprise to me. I didn't even think of the owner guy.

8. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

That was a really fun episode, despite how dark it was at the same time!

Really liked how they brought back Greg's "psychic abilities" in this one and I especially liked how they didn't go a bit too over the top with it. Also thought the little sub-plot with Sara at the end worked well and Henry and Hodges' sub-adventure was both really funny and had that little bit of science to it as well.

Case was pretty good, when they cleared the historian guy I figured it must have been the land-owner but I was impressed by the episode overall. The team interaction felt particularly genuine in this one, particularly liked DB and Nick's bench-discussion in PD, Sara and Finn working together, Morgan and Greg in the locker room, Henry and Hodges at the slaughterhouse and Brass having some quality screentime. I also noticed this was the same writer who wrote "Code Blue Plate Special" and "Forget Me Not", both of which highlighted how close the team work together, I hope he writes more next season!

Overall, solid episode, very re-watchable and a bit of fun, even though the content felt a bit dark at times. I felt like the hour flew by as well!

9. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

Finn and Sara recreating the murder by hook crime scene was nice to watch. Same with Hodges and Henry's scene and Hodges mocking Henry. It's good that Henry is getting more scenes in this episode. It's nice to see Greg pointing a gun, I haven't seen him pointing a gun since Bieber's character was shot to death.

I enjoy the case. I do get freaked out when I watch ghost hunter types of shows, that's why I don't watch too much of it and it can get somewhat boring for my tastes. To see a ghost hunter killed there freaked me out more than watching a ghost hunter show period. I thought I first heard the name Walter Simmons, I was like, "did that CSI: Miami dude have a double secret gruesome life in Vegas?" Until they said "Simms" he could be related to Wendy.

I could watch next week's episode. Is Ted Danson now the prime announcer for us to stay tuned for next week's episode? I wanna hear Paul, George, Jorja, Eric, even Robert David Hall, or even Elizabeth Shue announce it. I truly hate to think that the original cast has lost interest in their jobs (except Eric, who seems to be okay working with the new members). There just doesn't seem to be much interactions among the team since Marg left.

Hopefully, next season would bring the original members back more into the spotlight. I sure could use a long break from this season and until next season. My hopes haven't been high even to wait for next season.

An alright episode that I wouldn't miss watching the second time.

10. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I thought Nick shot Bieber?

11. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Greg did have a gun out and pointing at Bieber along with Nick, Brass, and a lot of cops. They all fired and more than one of them had to hit him.

Susan

12. Rena

Rena Rookie

This one was awesome and pretty funny because 1. I love horror movies and 2. I love parody/intertextuality. Like JorjaFoxFan I didn't take that one seriously. I think it was supposed to be a funny reference to that huge number of recent paranormal investigation/activity movie stuff out there. I loved Henry and Hodges at the slaughterhouse :lol: The case was very interesting and I didn't expect the owner to be the murderer, though it wouldn't have been someone who wasn't already introduced to us.

So, overall, a great episode. The annoying part with Greg and Morgan is to be ignored. ;)

13. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

it was great episode, but I was bit baffled, that ghost of the past, which supposedly to have Sara's mom in it? I remember reading about it few months back about it. I guess writers decided to shelve that idea for another episode to put it in the future I suppose? I liked the bantering between Greg and Morgan, and Im glad that Greg finally acknowledges that he has the gift from his paternal grandmother olaf. its been in making since season 6.

14. Rena

Rena Rookie

His grandma's name was "Lolaf", the female form of "Olaf" :) Like "Michael" and "Michaela" or "Don" and "Donna"

15. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Sara's mother actually appeared in "Forget Me Not", played by Kay Lenz. As far as I know she wasn't supposed to resurface in this episode.