Do You Still Watch?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 4, 2013.

?

How Often Do You Watch CSI:Miami?

1. Never

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Rarely

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Occasionally

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  4. Every Week

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Every Day

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Repeats on Television Only

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. DVDs

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

We haven't had a new thread in a while and given all this time since the show was cancelled, I was wondering if fans still watch on a regular basis--or at all.

Feel free to weigh in!

To be honest, I haven't been watching at all. No re-runs, no DVDs, and if I happen across an episode on television I usually just skip to something else. I don't know if it's because I've seen all the episodes and there's So. Much. Else. to watch that I haven't seen, or I'm just finding myself blasé about it now that it's over. I still enjoy the show itself which is why it's in my collection but I definitely wouldn't consider myself a hard-core viewer anymore. It's surely a natural side-effect of any end to a series, but I'd be interested to know if there are some who still watch on a regular basis.

With that said, does CSI:Miami have staying power? I don't know that it'll be remembered 10, 20, 30 years from now even though it was the most watched show in the world for several years and contributed to pop culture in many ways that the Flagship show never did (many references were obvious nods to CSI but used Miami as the recognition factor: Sunglasses, one-liners, red-headed detective, tropical setting etc.). What do you think?

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  2. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I still watch it once in a while. It airs late night on both Saturday and Sunday on the local channel where I live. The color doesn't look as overly saturated and bright on the local channel, or maybe it's because my reception is slightly snowy. I still enjoy it. Especially if it's an episode with Rick Stetler. :)

3. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I watch the repeats on TV all the time, if I'm home (not working) and if I'm awake. In fact, since its on so much now (A&E on weekdays/marathons on WEtv and AMC/CSI: Miami Weekends on the weekends), I probably watch it as much as I used to watch repeats of The X-Files, and that's my absolute favorite show of ALL TIME. Too bad TNT and SciFi don't show them anymore. BBC America started showing them last year, but that was a disappointment, and they quickly disappeared...

So yes, I still watch. I still enjoy watching the episodes--the good ones and the bad ones. I still love David Caruso; can't say a bad thing about him. I know some folks do, but I always loved his role as Horatio on the show, and his other roles on TV and the movies. :)

4. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

Yeah I will watch most episodes if I can stay awake. It is good to see them again. I watch CSI Miami weekends on CBS. There is another channel that shows CSI M weeknights and I think Season 9 is on. So I do try to see it as often as I can. I do have Seasons 1-4 on DVD and will watch them only if there is nothing else on TV. I too have to watch Horatio and his team. I do miss the series and wish they didn't cancel it. Or at the very least earn us it was the last season. Oh well

Thanks Finch for the good topic.
    Linda.

5. kris44

kris44 Witness

The channel where I live shows CSI: Miami season 8 on Thursday night. I wanted to recorder the show. But I made a mistake when I wanted to insert the date. Because the show starts after midnight. And then,… suddenly, I gave it up. I stopped watching re-runs. Always recording the show got on my nerves.
    I’ve never watched season 9, part II and season 10 on TV. Only online. When the channel shows this episodes, I’ll watch it. But no re-runs anymore. It confuses me too much. Like Finch said: there are also other shows with a good story, fortunately.
    I’ve bought 1 DVD, CSI M season 4, part II. Just to have a souvenir. Perhaps I’ll buy season 10, part II too.
    I borrowed most DVDs of the first 7 seasons in the library. Just to watch the commentaries. And with a little luck I will be able to borrow season 8, 9 and 10 too one day.

6. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I still watch it. I'm a very loyal fan....

7. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

They rarely air the first two or three seasons, therefore no reason to watch.

8. kris44

kris44 Witness

I like your avatar bill az.
    I watched this TV show last year for the first time.
    David Caruso looks cute with his hat.

9. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

The late 1970s/early 1980s were a rather fertile time for crime dramas. In addition to Hill Street Blues, you had The Streets of San Francisco with Karl Malden and Michael Douglas, Kojak with Telly Savalas, Barnaby Jones with Buddy Ebsen, Columbo with Peter Falk, The Rockford Files with James Garner, and of course the original Hawaii 5-0 with Jack Lord's hair. :lol:

Fun times.