George/Nick: Texan Charm #13

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Jacquie, Nov 29, 2011.

1. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Chance for some new pics? And it's something he should be all dressed up for. :thumbsup: :drool:

The Entertainment Industry Comes Together to Award Accurate Substance Use Depictions at the 17th Annual PRISM Awards with the Entertainment Industries Council

Susan

2. Natasha Romanoff

Natasha Romanoff Police Officer

^ Thanks for posting that, interesting read.

You know, at first I wasn't keen on Finn, but actually now I quite like her. I still like and miss Catherine, don't get me wrong, but I do like Finn. I also like DB as well. I would like to see a Nick centric episode though, that would be nice, but if we don't get one. Well I guess there's always fanfiction.

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Don't hold your breath for a Nick episode.
    But by golly we're going to learn more about Greg's family! And Hodges' fiancee! And Brass' ex! And who knows what all else, but not a single mention of Nick in the latest finale spoilers.

4. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Don't even get me started...wasn't it Don McGill that said we would see Nick deal with his issues? Next season they better write some Nick related episodes. I do not understand why they are treating him like a background character...

5. Natasha Romanoff

^ I know, he needs to be in the limelight for a change, at the moment he seems to be getting left out :(.

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

In 22/23 episodes they have not had the opportunity to fully address his quitting. Really? :wtf:

And it sounds like they are not going to deal with it by the end of the season either. Now there's a surprise.

At the beginning of the season they always 'claim' to have plans for Nick and then never follow through. :rolleyes:

It gets annoying. George more than deserves a story arc, but please don't make it a girlfriend thing, like they're thinking. :rolleyes: He deserves better than that.

7. Smokey

Once again tptb are so out of touch with the fans. That whole bunch of crap McGill put in the spoilers...does anyone want to see any of that? Really? No!

The trouble with CSI is that is has changed so much from the show it used to be....the one that ALL fans liked ALL of...into a show where fans now care only about their fave characters. The show itself is just a vehicle for individual characters now. It stinks. I honestly haven't really enjoyed it in several years and only watch now for Nick. I liked DB when he first came on but they had to go bring his whole damn family in every other episode. Sick of it.

8. Guybrush Threepwood

Guybrush Threepwood CSI Level One

See that's a little why I stopped watching it. I felt that change start come creeping in back when Sara left and then even more when Gil left. It just felt like they didn't care about keeping any of the cast intact as long as they could keep spitting out episodes to make more money. I lost faith in it then, and now seeing how many more people have left. If I'm not mistaken, out of the original cast the only ones who has never been thrown out the window are Greg and Nick - right? Sara might be back, but she was gone for a while.

It's a shame that it's more about making more episodes for the sake of it rather than to focus on the spirit and quality of the show. If everything I've read about Nick, for example, is correct then even his character has lost a lot of what he was due to not so great script writing.

9. Smokey

Well...technically Nick *did* get thrown out of a window. ;) :lol:

And you know what? They can do whatever they want with Nick, but we still have the same George we all know and love! :) Here are pics of him from this year's Busby Foundation fundraiser in Austin. First of his pics is #86 and the last one of him is #117. Thanks to Connie for finding them! :)

10. Natasha Romanoff

I'm actually glad Grissom left, I prefer it without him and now that DB is in it. I also wasn't keen on the whole 'Grissom and Sara married' storyline. But anyway, I really do hope they do something decent with Nick for a change, maybe show his family or something for a change or something. And well I guess for now the CSI fic I have in the works will have to cheer me up, it's mostly going to be Nick centric, with a bit of Sam :), I love that he's adopted Sam so to speak.

11. Guybrush Threepwood

Guybrush Threepwood CSI Level One

Bwoahahaha, you are right. :guffaw:

Man. George really is aging gracefully, isn't he? I haven't seen more than a handful of pictures of him the last... eh... five years? o_O

12. Natasha Romanoff

He definitely is, there are some that don't and some that definitely do, and George is one of them (that's ageing gracefully I mean). Maybe he's drinking from the fountain of youth like Ben Barnes haha.

13. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Got some lovely Nick smiles in last night's episode.

Still disappointed that the writers don't have time to deal with Nick quitting but find plenty of time for a Hodges/Elisabetta storyline.

14. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

is it just me, or does anybody else find nick`s accent (in s13)over the top?

15. Smokey

I think over the years it's kind of gotten stronger. Over the top? No...it's not acting...it's George's real accent, and it does tend to be heavier when he acting angry...which I guess he's been more of in the later seasons so it makes sense.