Grissom and Sara #36 A Love Story

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sharp52092, Jan 23, 2013.

1. kiwi_fruit

kiwi_fruit Dead on Arrival

:) GSR GR, we sure do need some positive thinking at the moment.
    I think the response is a testament to the strong foundation this ship had, and a massive fanbase, that even after years of being off-screen, it still lives on in fans' imagination(as well as fanfics) And proves that many people do care.

2. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

Found this on a wonderful FB group:

"From TV Guide:
    I'm crushed that the CSI writers broke up Sara and Grissom! What are they thinking? — Lisa

ADAM: Hopefully, this news will console you. "We don't feel like it's over," executive producer Don McGill tells us. "We felt the relationship had hit the true rocks and things were really at a breaking point. But they're not divorced or even separated. They're really just taking a very big time out." More good news: The writers aren't planning to throw Sara into any rebound flings and are actually hoping that this relationship hiccup might lure Grissom himself, William Petersen, back to the show. "The door is always open," McGill says. Silver lining?"

So, it's been said on this forum that fans are desperate for WP to return and they don't understand what's going on, but obviously the desperate ones are the writers themselves.

3. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

^^^^
    This does make me feel better:

Although there are some conflicting comments by McGill, I take comfort in the fact that they are not divorced. That would have been too final for me. This way, Sara can have her journey, maybe she comes out stronger and more independent (which I thought she already was, but, whatever); then sometime before the show ends we can see them together again. As long as there is light at the end of the tunnel, I can deal.

It wouldn't surprise me if CSI had only one more season left. The writers can bide their time with other storylines, as long as Sara doesn't stray from her vows.
    In my mind they are always together in the end, and this gives me hope that the writers agree.

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yeah, it makes me feel a bit better too...thanks for posting. It does raise questions in regards to what Sara herself said though...why the contradiction?

5. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

From Matt Roush at tvguide.com:
    http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ask-Matt-Zero-Hour-1062162.aspx

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  6. MacsGirlMel

They're being confusing. Why does that article seem to state differently than the previous one? Unless the earlier one had more info.

7. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

This question and answer seemed to be about what was seen in the episode. And in that regard, it sure seemed like it was over; although 'divorce' was never actually said.

I don't know what to believe from tptb. I'm sure they will leave a door open for Grissom to return; but if WP doesn't make an appearance, I don't know what they'll do. They should have just left well enough alone, in a non-traditional marriage where they see each other on occasion. Most fans seemed to be ok with that scenario, even Sara. Now it seems to me that the writers dug themselves into an even deeper hole with this 'not divorced, not even separated' separation. Yet, there's no ring, and 'he's not my husband' comment.

I find it almost funny that the writers said we will know the status of their marriage after FMN. I certainly have more questions than answers.
    I still hope that they listen to fans and find a way to fix it, sooner rather than later.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  8. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

It's too confusing to keep up with and no matter what they say, as long as we keep seeing the opposite happen on screen, counts for very little. Everyone involved with giving us "GSR hints" is losing credibility fast (producers/writers etc.).

I guess the current status of their marriage is… "split up". A new term for married couples, meaning neither separated nor together… the things we learn from CSI these days…

If this isn't fixed by the end of the season, which I highly doubt it will be, some of us will be too bitter to care and it doesn't matter whether they'll be together in the end or not. By the time they figure out what to do with GSR it will be too late…

9. MacsGirlMel

Didnt someone say there was a ring? And why don't you think it will wrap up by season's end?

10. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

Contrary to popular belief, GSR fans don't need Grissom to ever make an appearance to keep this relationship in high spirits. I would have been so happy with having their relationship in the background, just knowing it was there and safely tucked away and everyone was happy. It pains me to see writer say that they're relieved for it to be over, if only for the time being.

This has been built up throughout 13 seasons, and to reduce it to the story line we got it troubling. Even if all this gets resolved, we get to live with the not so distant memory of them breaking up at one point because neither of them could get off thei high horses to work it out. Sara, as a character, is changing. And not in a good way, like having personal growth, she's differing from her very characteristics that the show was built on, and the writers seem to be writing under the impression that Grissom's characteristics have changed as well, because if it were truly Grissom, he'd be there for her, or make something work. As would Sara, she fought so hard for this.

Grrrr.

/rant

11. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I agree with everything you said, especially about the characters changing, and not in a good way. All their personal growth has been forgotten.

Did the writers really say this?
    "It pains me to see writer say that they're relieved for it to be over, if only for the time being."

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  12. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

Hmmm... she didn't have it on in the last episode. Is it back in the next ones? It'd be odd for it to return so soon...

If they include this in the season's cliffhanger (if there'll be one) imagine the ratings they'll expect in next season's first episode. They've already created all this mess, they probably want to stick with it for a while. Otherwise it'd be a waste of a breakup, even if it's temporary. Besides, getting back together off screen is too anti-climactic after what has happened and everyone says WP won't be in an episode this season.

This. Suddenly there's an absurd stain in their relationship and both characters have changed for the worse. Instead of maturing and developing they're going back to where they were in the first couple of seasons. We see Nick, Greg, Hodges, even Ecklie mature but Sara and Grissom go backwards. We want our characters back.

13. MacsGirlMel

Yeah, the cliffhanger would be just like them.

Oh, it wasn't on in the last ep, I still haven't watched that one. I thought you meant the previous ep.

14. kiwi_fruit

kiwi_fruit Dead on Arrival

You have a good point, I mean Sara can't suddenly turn up wearing a ring a couple of episodes down the line and make a passing remark along the lines of "Oh, Grissom and I are back together". And then they have some explaining to do as to why he thought the split up is "in her best interests"(the theory about Grissom being terminally ill and shutting off is somewhat plausible but..I so hope it's not what TPTB have in mind. Please no)
    I'd love to think that this IS the proverbial rock bottom and if they were to carry on with it could only get better at this point(surely they wouldn't dedicate an episode for them actually divorcing?) but I just.. lost all the trust in TPTB. I certainly don't feel like watching any longer. Don't know if I should.
    All of this feels so.. tiring. And depressing. And so wrong for these characters at this stage, in season 13. And I still can't understand as to WHY? Apart from the rating for FMN, who wins? As somebody mentioned somewhere before, this storyline is bound to do more damage to this show than not bringing WP back or mentioning GSR altogether ever would.
    Isn't it ironic how in a show that addresses closure and justice all the time two of it's main characters can't get either?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  15. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

I guess only a terminally ill Grissom would behave the way he's been behaving, but then we constantly have spoilers/comments about how "long-distance relationships don't work". There was also DB's discussion in the last episode on balancing work and home.
    Yes, this is tiring and depressing and pushes us away from the show. I still haven't really watched the last episode, I skipped through most of it and I'm not motivated to watch anymore. It's not even worth watching for the crime solving because that too has become ridiculous.

Very well put. It's been one thing after another for them and they should have been left alone. Everyone would have been happy with an off-screen relationship and Sara's standalone storylines. Now it's just painful to watch.