Season #9 Spoiler Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by PerfectAnomaly, May 30, 2012.

1. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

Please CBS give one more season to CSI NY, even if it's just 13 episodes to end the series
    The 13 episodes would be aired until december and a new series would replace CSI NY in January : good deal for me !

2. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Problem is, they can renew it but we will be in the same situation as this year and last year, we don't know.

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

That's true.

Another thing I do not wanna see is Horatio take two...Mac's wife does not have to die. Plus it would annoy further those who are annoyed already when Mac gets personal on a case.

4. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Yeah, I agree. I don't want them to have Christine die and she doesn't need to. I would rather they just break up then her die.

Btw, what do you mean by Horatio take two? Did they kill his wife off screen as well?

5. MacsGirlMel

No,onscreen. Marisol died at the wedding.

Somehow I doubt they'd make anything bad happen though., I hope not.

6. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

I would like to see them go back to the darker forumla they had. Love the show but in some ways its gotten soft. I'd like to see Stella return, even if it just two episodes.

Really hopd that we get a S10.

7. Rena

Rena Rookie

Marisol died shortly after they got married, but not at the wedding. Anyway, that was the most stupid plot I've ever seen.

8. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

If Season 10 comes. Mac does not marry Christine. This was a good case.

9. MacsGirlMel

I don't think they'll let anything get in the way of it...they'll get married. Or still be engaged, planning the wedding...either one works. I don't see Mac going for the quick style like D/L, he's more traditional. You can never be sure with the writers, but I doubt they'd get rid of her at this point, if we manage another season. And it's better anyway...Mac deserves to be happy, and it would be good to see at least one original lead with things going well, as long as they handle it right.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  10. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

I also wish luck Mac. The subject is wrong for this series. It is a crime film series and no soap opera. The short episodes should be better filled with tension.

11. MacsGirlMel

I do hope they can balance it right, keep the focus mostly on the crimes...that was what dragged Miami down for me, it got too soapy, especially the Eric/Calleligh thing.

12. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

In Miami is the love decent and not cheesy. This is not the character from Mac.

13. MacsGirlMel

I think it's that way here too with Mac...seems decent and not cheesy at all. There are one or two things they could've handled a bit better, though, mainly 'Clue:SI', because that sitting there with the door open still comes to mind, and maybe not rushing the forgiveness scene, putting it in the next ep or something. I've liked the rest, though. And though I think the writers didn't do too badly,and I don't agree with the naysayers, I can still at least see the perspective of maybe wanting a couple more little things added here and there to give more depth and interest to the character...I don't think it's always easy when you only have a minute or two of screentime,and they may have had a hard time making the most of it that they possibly could,though I still like the ship.

Anyway, I don't think it's a bad thing that we all have different perspectives about things on the show, and I can live with the differing viewpoints...I'm the type to want to defend my views fast, but I know at the same time that folks will always have different likes and dislikes.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  14. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

I purchased all CSI NY DVD's. Starts to watch with my favorite Season 1.

15. MacsGirlMel

I love rewatches...though I have a habit of rewatching favorite scenes over and over as I go lol