Harper Exits 'CSI: NY'

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Feb 22, 2013.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

After nine seasons of playing Dr Sheldon Hawkes,*Hill Harper is exiting CSI: NY. Once again on the bubble for renewal, Harper’s contract was up at the end of the current season and the actor is moving on to USA Network’s Covert Affairs as a series regular. Harper first appeared in the backdoor pilot back in [...]

More...

2. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I wonder if everyone's contract is up this season and not just Hill's.

I hope they told him before they shot the final episode.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

They've never given Hawkes much to do, even this season when it was supposed to focus on characters' personal lives. So I'm not surprised that Hill would go to a different series, regardless of whether CSI: NY is back next year.

I don't know if this is a sign of the show's future or not (Eva La Rue signed on to a new series pilot before Miami got the axe), but it doesn't seem to bode well for the series' future either way - still, I can't help but dare to hope for another mini-miracle renewal. :p

Good luck to Hill, in any case! I wish him all the success in the world, whatever he's doing. :)

4. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Reading this, I hate to say but I now believe that this is it for CSI:NY. If it is, I just wanted to say thank you Gary Sinise for nine years of the greatest leading male character on the entire CSI franchise. Mac Taylor, all of his sanctimonious, self-righteous faults, ranks alongside Gil Grissom as among my favorite male characters on any cop/forensice/crime drama series in the last 15 years. He held his own and had a human side and all of the normal flaws of living just like Gil Grissom. Mac has had to deal with the decade-plus long grieving of his wife on 9/11/01, and Grissom has been a hardcore loner in nature. Horatio Caine always struck me as moronic, foolish, and very unpleasant from almost every angle. I don't know how they allowed Caine to be written out so poorly for so long.

And I thank the whole crew for giving us a wonderful ensemble cast, even MK who I've long forgiven. :) And this also goes for Sela Ward. :)

I'm not saying it's certain that this is the end but reading Hill Harper leaving has convinced me that this is it. I don't necessarily wish it as much now like before but if it's so, CSI:NY, for being a third spin-off, had a marvelous run and one that has left a great legacy on many audiences, both past and present.

197 episodes for a second spin-off is something that most other spin-offs, even original shows, can only envy and dream of. :) All the cast and crew I hope are able to enjoy their careers beyond just this one particular show. :)

If we see a season 10, which I'm not holding my breath, wonderful. :) If this is it, well, it's been a long, occasionally rough but fun era and I hope another great show of this calibre will come along before long. :)

5. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

He's getting out now before they beat the horse to death. [​IMG] At least he's got a job already, and its a show I watch--Covert Affairs! I can't wait to see Hill on this show. [​IMG]

6. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I have to confess, CBS/writers to CSI:NY haven't been fair to him since he hasn't really gotten a lot of airtime. But then other than EC, GS and SW, the rest of the cast hasn't gotten much airtime either.