"Forget Me Not" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Feb 16, 2013.

1. kiwi_fruit

kiwi_fruit Dead on Arrival

How possibly could a break up with the man she loves help her move on? Sara is a standalone character, and a brilliant one at that, but unless writers are happy to disregard everything we've seen with these two in the past I can't ever see Sara being able to "move on" and be happy without Grissom.

2. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

Haha, it's a surprise their brains still function properly :p

3. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

ITA.
    I might eat my words after the episode airs, but it seems to me the writers are going out of their way to keep them together, while at the same time giving Jorja some good material to work with.
    We all know that they love each other, even Liz Devine said that wasn't the problem. And I just don't think either one could move on. Sara's letter: Grissom's her one and only. Grissom's sex without love is pointless/Sara's the only one he's ever loved. Those all meant something real. And I know they wouldn't take their vows lightly. I have to believe they will make it work.

All that said, if this episode ends badly for GSR, then it will be hard to bring it back to something people care about. Even the most loyal fans could jump ship. This late in the series, why would they do that?

I was spitting nails, and profanities, after The Happy Place. And LOATR was torturous. I'm thinking that this is Sara's LOATR, hitting rock bottom, but digging herself out. And maybe her mother will help her. I can't imagine her not fighting for her marriage.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  4. kiwi_fruit

kiwi_fruit Dead on Arrival

I imagine a lot of people have quit watching since WP left and at this point I regret I wasn't one of them. It's painful to see what they're doing to GSR and it annoys me how much I seem to care about this ship. I don't want the great memories of golden CSI years to be tainted with what's happening now.

5. Selphie

Selphie Hit and Run

I agree with Monketsharona, I love that Jorja is back on CSI. Sara is awesome . Jorja wants to be on CSI the writers want to write for her and her fans want to see her.

6. Micha

Micha Rookie

CSI 13.15 MAJOR SPOILERS
    STORY LINE: Things don't look good for Sara who's being indicted for murder. But Sara knows she's being framed and sets out to catch the perpetrator at his own game.
    MR. WYNARD sexy, handsome, rugged, charming and likable, he joins Sara (Jorja Fox) at a hotel bistro where she's trying to enjoy a birthday dinner alone. Married, known to have cheated on his wife on several occasions, he is a seemingly gracious, trustworthy and sympathetic man. We later learn that he has been paid to cheer up Sara, make her feel less lonely.
    MRS. SIDLE she is Sarah (Jorja Fox)’s mom, the victim of a very hard life, she was an alcoholic, she has been transported from a care home to the hospital due to alcohol poisoning. A bit confused, but apologetic, she has no idea that she is a pawn in the machinations of a nefarious plot to sabotage Sara. Nonetheless, she is delighted to see her daughter, hopeful she can visit more often.
    MRS. WYNARD pretty and confident, she is the deceased Mr. Wynard's upset yet bitter wife. There is a definite edge to this woman who's clearly had it with her husband's philandering.
    MR. BRENNER administrative, he is a hospital administrator, he’s a by the book kind of guy, flustered and apologetic when he meets with Sara about her mother.

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

That does give some insight into her being at the hotel with the guy, though the part about him having previous affairs isn't great.

8. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

That bit melted my heart.

9. CgrGrl

CgrGrl Witness

That's unfortunate for Nick fans because a good number of us got sick of all the GSR talk and moved to another venue. No wonder he's never had a storyline.

10. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

I was a big fan of GSR but I really wish this episode to be centered on Sara not GSR
    She's a great character but GSR became a burden for her..

11. Frosch

Frosch Witness

Sexy, handsome, rugged, charming and likeable - aren't those exactly the same words they used to discribe Doug?
    How come Sara always attracts men who cheat (exception being Grissom)?
    I thought Sara's birthday was in September?

12. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

Well, I'm very happy Sara finally gets a storyline after all these years. First we had Langston taking over the show, then a bunch of new characters that took time to tolerate, it was about time they wrote something for her. Of course they had to mention GSR in her storyline, it has been with her since day one, but it's not pleasant to watch it develop into a reason for her sadness and imminent breakdown.

They wouldn't end GSR but they can damage it enough for people not to care anymore. It's already been difficult enough with Grissom away and having only one perspective of the story, it doesn't need any more blows such as Sara herself choosing to be away from him, her (new) colleagues suddenly being the only ones there for her but not Grissom and so on.

With that said, I'm going to keep away from any more spoilers and wait until I watch the episode.

13. monketsharona

I think its her wedding birthday ;)

14. Frosch

Frosch Witness

Do you mean her wedding anniversary? Remember her phone call to Grissom at the beginning of the season when she wished him a Happy Anniversary? Of course they could change the anniversary a third time, they seem to change facts at a whim.

15. monketsharona

they said on Twitter it was the anniversary of Grissom's proposal (season 8 ;) )