"In Vino Veritas" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Feb 2, 2013.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I was curious too about her visit...Gary only said there was a convention in the video. And they don't drop everything...there's another case too. I do think ordinary isn't something they do well. They figure it's not good TV. I hardly think it'll be the worst ever but we'll see. Btw they aren't really buddies,they met but don't know each other like really well.

Question...if they air the NY crossover promo tonight,when will we see CSI's promo?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  2. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

We'll probably see a promo tonight, as it will be CSI's next episode. The finale finishes on NY, CSI moves on so to speak.

By the way these clips have been looking, it looks like the kidnapping isn't recognized until after Mac and D.B. meet; like they're chatting cause Mac's in the city - then all hell breaks loose.
    I imagined it being the other way around but Mac isn't anything other than calm in those all those promo clips.

3. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I am a bit disappointed with that part though since I also expected him to maybe go to her room then after a few hours of going to the convention he would see DB.

4. Rena

Rena Rookie

Well, D.B. and Mac met at a convention. In that particular scene they're remembering some funny moments. I'll bet the second case will be some minor one since "Super Mac" isindahouse :p Seriously, from the very beginning I didn't like the idea of having Christine kidnapped. It's not what I would give the NY-writers credit for. What I mostly hate about NY these days is the lack of creativity, the lack of a narrative arc, the lack of smart cases and smart ideas in terms of storylines. Seeing a show that I used to love getting worse with every season again isn't fun (like that terrible things they did to Miami). IMO it's just not necessary to get her kidnapped in order to show how much she means to Mac and to show his fear of loosing someone beloved again. That's why I'm expecting the worst.

5. JorjaFoxFan

I'm expecting Dead Doll 2.0.

6. MacsGirlMel

Interesting that Mac went to DB before finding out. I thought he seemed rather unconcerned in the rarlier clip.

7. JorjaFoxFan

Meh. I really liked everything about the episode apart from the NY stuff. The case was boring and going absolutely nowhere. Doesn't really help that I have zero clue who Christine even is. D.B. and Mac's friendship felt really contrived.

The wine seller case was good/well thought out. I had a huge problem with the Morgan/Hodges wine scene. It was too unrealistic and presumptuous. I liked Hodges and Wendy end of story, the writers are creating a lot out of nothing IMO. The show is almost at a ridiculous soap opera level.

8. MacsGirlMel

I'll try to run it down...Mac's wife died on 9/11, and he's rarely dated since then...he was going with an ME named Peyton for a while, but the fans hated her. Christine was the sister of an old friend of Mac's who died in the line of duty. He re-connected with her last season when he was working a case where a guy harassed someone else with a fake FB account...one of the NY team set up Mac an FB account with him watching to show how easy it is to imitate someone else. Mac didn't pay a lot of mind to the account until he got a friend request from Christine. They got closer over the rest of the season and she was there for him when he got shot and nearly died. Things got rocky when he realized he had a lingering speech aphasia from the injury and was reluctant to let her or anyone else in on it...finally, he got the message and though she's only been in a few eps this season, they've been getting closer.

Although Mac speaks okay now, I had hoped they might think about having his aphasia show back up while he's angry and worried, as it is liable to do in real life situations, but it doesn't seem like they did it.

9. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

More Mac less wine. Other than that one little point, this was a good episode. I'd give it an A, just one grade below A+. That one little point took the + away. OK...A-. I just thought of another point: I had a hard time keeping track of who was working which case. Let's see if I remember: D.B., Finlay and Nick were working the Christine case. Morgan, Greg and Sara were working the wine case. Did I get it right? Never mind, I'll find out when I rewatch it on XFINITY ON DEMAND after midnight. Right this second midnight is 45 minutes away.

10. MacsGirlMel

I will definitely post more thoughts after I watch on On Demand...I'm hoping Friday, but if I get in too late from a quick errand, I'll settle for the last bit of the NY ep and rewatch the whole thing one day next week.

11. rmiller31

rmiller31 Victim

As a fan exclusively of CSI:NY, I tuned in for Mac and found myself enjoying the LV crew too. Especially Elizabeth Shue! I've had a crush on her since Adventures in Babysitting and she still looks awesome! [ahem] Oh, and from what little we saw of her character (especially her interactions with George Eads), she appears to be fun, friendly and a breath of fresh air like NY's Jo Danville.

Don't know if this is common on CSI:LV, but the wine plot started out looking a lot sexier than it ended up being. It was O.K. ...a solid B plot.

While Mac's plot seems paper thin so far, I think his and Christine's relationship felt more real (and with her in absentia, no less) than in many eps of NY lately. Of course, as others have pointed out, Mac and Ted Danson's character just happened to be friends who've never mentioned knowing each other before. What's equally unbelievable is that no one from NY (Mac's friends/"family") could go to Christine's apartment to get a simple DNA sample for comparison. You mean to tell me that Hawkes, Flack, Danny, Jo, etc. were ALL too busy to do that?

But I digress, it was a more entertaining than I expected set-up for Friday's NY.

12. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

positve moments
    good character moments from d.b, mac and greg.
    suspense packed storrytelling in BOTH cases.
    the friend/relationship reveals ended up making sense and weren't ,imo, far fetched.

negative
    morgan&hodges

in total a very good episode.they still have something under their sleeves, which make me doesn't regret to still tune in.

13. stokesmyfire

stokesmyfire Prime Suspect

Wine story--knew when they said bone marrow donor/sister who it was and that she'd fallen in love.
    Liked Greg's line about her and the wine being phony.

Mac case--liked the Nick and Finn exchange about the diamond--Nick is crushing on her!
    Anybody else remember when Nick called Russell "Russ" early on in season 12? I thought, Nick, it's way too soon for a nickname for the new boss. Guess he decided to try it out again? :lol:

I'm no longer a victim! Woo Hoo!

Oh, but am I the one who hit and run or did I get hit and they ran? *lol*

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  14. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Hm it was okay, but I still think Without a Trace was the better crossover

Hodges mentioning Elisabetta, I'm curious to see where this goes, though I hope he doesn't get hurt

Mandy mention :)

Shocked the cases didn't connect. I swore they were going to and I was pleasantly surprised they did not. Too many of them have the past several seasons

Sure learned a lot about wine. Something I always enjoyed about CSI, learning about such things

15. Rena

Rena Rookie

Could someone explain to me what Mac was doing at the crime lab other than saying hello and what was in the envelope he got from D.B.? Was it something he intended to use to surprise Christine? And why did D.B. join Mac to the hotel? I didn't quite get that.

Other than that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Funny, you'd think, that Christine wasn't actually in Las Vegas *LOL* Everyone was guessing why she could have gone there and then it turns out she has never made it to Vegas. It was kinda good until D.B. so overdramatically stated that Mac would need his help and that he was coming with him to New York.

Oh, and speaking of learning something new: I learned that it's totally sufficient to take a picture of a bloody fingerprint with your cell phone camera, send it via E-Mail to a not-so-busy colleague, and get a result within ten seconds :wtf: