Carmine, you didn't!! :(

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Mac&Adam Fan, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

NO NO NO... You really didn't... This isn't you!!

http://www.examiner.com/article/csi-ny-star-dui-carmine-giovinazzo-arrested-arizona

CSI: NY' star DUI? Carmine Giovinazzo got a DUI arrest according to an article from today at TMZ. The actor, who plays Detective Danny Messer on 'CSI: NY' was arrested last week in Scottsdale Arizona.

Reports say police officers noticed the 39-year-old actor "swerving all over the road about 2:40 a.m. on Monday January 21. They promptly pulled Giovinazzo over, and walked up to his white Jeep Wrangler, where they found the actor to be "immediately apologetic and told them he had been driving erratic because he was lost and using the GPS," and was not from Arizona.

The article states the "cops say Carmine stank of booze, had bloodshot eyes and was slurring his speech. When asked if he had been drinking, cops say the actor fessed up to having scotch at the W Hotel." This led to the actor being arrested for DUI.

He did not put up a fight either! Unlike some celebrities who have found themselves on the wrong side of the law before, the arresting officer said Carmine "thanked me many times for not treating him like a criminal and showing him respect," and that he "repeatedly apologized to me and told me he didn't want to be an 'a**hole.'"

Police say his blood alcohol level registered at .149 -- nearly twice the legal limit.

Lets hope the 'CSI: NY' star learned a lesson from his DUI arrest.

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I hope so. I don't thnk people always realize just how drunk they are...they need more of those cars that like won't start if the driver is drunk.

Are they done filming already? It's hard to tell with only 17 eps.

3. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I have no idea if they are done filming.

But I really hope he isn't using the bottle to get away from that divorce he had to go thorough.

4. MacsGirlMel

Yikez, I don't visit that thread much so I didn't know. I hope not.

5. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Yeah, that one.

6. MacsGirlMel

Yeah, I read the thread. Guess my edit was too late.

7. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

He's been through some rough times recently. I hope this is a wake up call for him to get some help.
    I will also say this,as someone who has experienced the horrors of DUI,there is no excuse for drinking and driving,none.

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I don't condone drinking and driving, but I also know that it can be pretty easy to think you're fine to drive and still be over the legal limit. You don't have to be falling down drunk to be over the limit. I applaud Carmine for admiting his mistake and for not trying to act like an entitled ass because he's an actor on a prime time TV show. Also, I don't think it's fair to assume this incident means he is an alcoholic or needs to seek help for anything. He's a human being and human beings make mistakes sometimes. I'm glad no one was injured as the result of this.

ETA: I didn't read the article posted above so I didn't know the level of intoxication when I posted this. Even though it appears he was quite drunk I still don't think it's fair to assume he has a drinking problem. But if he does hopefully this incident will serve as a catalyst for change.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  9. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

It isn't that hard to make a phone call to get a cab/taxi. Or, better yet, if a person knows they're going to be out AND drinking, hire a car service. They'll take you wherever you want to go. Drinking & driving is nothing to joke about. People die everyday. :(

10. Morla

Morla Civilian

Every day, so many people are drunken. He is only a human. In my opinion, it isn't a huge problem. It is awkward for himself, not more!

Show must go on :)

11. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

I nearly fell off my chair reading this.
    It's so news to me, but I've read about his divorce somewhere (possibly some teen mag my mom had around one morn before taking 'em off).

Well, I hope he's all okay. Drinking and driving don't fit, obviously, but it happens all the time.
    I don't think it's really a problem for Carmine just yet, probably just a mishap. And I'm pleasantly surprised he was so nice to that officer, most start seem bit too cocky at that.
    Anyway, I'm actually glad I can't drive because sure being even slightly drunk can make you think things are easy and fun...

Okay I'll shut up, ashamed for my absence on this board, which is sad. But guess "what's out of sight, out of mind" was the exact explanation.