Grade 'Nine Thirteen'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jan 18, 2013.

?

How would you grade Nine Thirteen?

1. A+

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. A

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. A-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. B+

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. B

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. B-

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

I completely agree with you. And in hindsight, it might explain a lot about Jo's character. For example, Jo's reaction to Sid's confession - "promise me you are not telling me goodbye". Of her full-flat panic attack when Mac was fighting for his life.

2. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

You know, that would make sense when Sid said he was sick and Mac being shot.

I do wonder if Mac knew already since he probably reads the reports on new people when they come in.

Now that Jade mentions it, I can't see anyone really asking Jo about her family other than when Mac walked in on her while she was talking to her mom on the phone.

3. Rena

Rena Rookie

Well, yet we know a lot about the others and their family members. They are always portrayed as one big familiy; even at Lindsay's and Danny's wedding they were the only ones attending it. And Jo could have said something to her daughter or vice versa, like "I miss auntie whatshernameagain".

4. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

It's ok for me if we hadn't known about Jo's sister before this episode. The writers of any show couldn't possibly tell all about a character in just a few first episodes. The writers couldn't have possibly figured out Jo's (and everyone's) entirety the moment they created her. Isn't it amazing we still get nice surprises as we go along with the show? Everything takes time; everything happens in the right moment. Wouldn't it be contrived if we've heard everything about Jo's family, friends, cold cases etc in just her first season?

If CSI: NY gets another season, it looks like the season premiere or the 200th episode (assuming September premiere) might be when Lindsay gives birth to their second child. Hopefully it's a boy this time.

Why is this season so good? I'm not complaining though!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  5. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I think it explains a lot. When you lose someone you love without any warning at all,you'll take the rest that personally.

6. JoFlackPenguin

JoFlackPenguin Hit and Run

Best episode YET!! I finally got to watch it I called it that Lindsay was pregnant when she asked if it was hot LOVED everyones reaction to the news, Sid happy with this money and Jo's like bout killed me... "I'm gone one day and she's pregnant." Perfect episode i wanna give it an A++

7. PavlovsDog

PavlovsDog Victim

Another poor episode for me.

The case was just so weak. The motive for murder was revenge, fair enough, but why risk life in prison just because you blame that person for a shorter stretch? It makes no sense.

I don't really like the day off stories. Some have been better than others (Adam's was a good one, Lyndsay just awful) but this one just felt out of place. I can see both sides of the issue that Jo's sister had never been mentioned, but I just felt the scenes went on too long and made the episode incohesive.

The Lyndsay pregnancy stuff was mildly amusing, but blatantly obvious from as early as the scenes when she was too hot in the lab.