Grade 'Nine Thirteen'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jan 18, 2013.

?

How would you grade Nine Thirteen?

1. A+

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. A

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. A-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. B+

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. B

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. B-

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

New ep on tonight! Give it a watch and share your thoughts below. :cool:

2. Meta

Meta Hit and Run

I had this feeling that Lindsay was going to reveal that she's pregnant again. I can't wait to see how this is going to play out.

3. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

Decent episode actually. I loved the Jo storyline. Very touching. As soon as Lindsay starting saying it was hot I knew what was coming up. Love the ending where Sid was collecting his bets.That was so funny. Pretty enjoyable ep all in all.

4. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Decent episode overall. Sela Ward did a great job in this episode. As for the rest..the case itself didn't do much for me. Can't feel for the killer at all. At the end of the day,even in death,her victim still got the last laugh as she will now likely spend the rest of her life in prison.

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I enjoyed it...hopefully the baby stuff doesn't get in the way of anyone else's day off...that's the only way I'd complain. The Jo storyline was nice. I also liked the talk with Christine, even though we didn't see her.

Note that this show doesn't always use the voice overs like LV does for calls...I wonder why.

6. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I liked the episode but the Jo part was more interesting.

I don't think we will get everyone though as to days off. Still have Sid, Mac, Sheldon and Danny.

I didn't realize he was talking to Christine. I need to see that scene again. Thought he was talking to Danny. :lol:

7. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I liked the episode so much I'm watching it again on XFINITY ON DEMAND...and I'm also giving it an A+. I started suspecting Lindsay was pregnant when she came out of the ladies room and was counting something on her fingers before Mac asked her if she was okay. Before that I just figured she was coming down with the flu or something. Speaking of Mac, I love his scene with Lindsay outside the ladies room and his phone conversation with Christine. I also liked the following scene with him and Hawkes discussing the murder weapon. I thought the case was interesting. More interesting than last week's. What was last week's case about? Nevermind. I love that Adam is getting out of the lab at least once an episode. I thought the scene where Sid was collecting his bet winning was cute. And Jo's line "I'm gone one day and she's pregnant." made me L:lol:L.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  8. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

This has been favorite episode in awhile. I give it an A+! I loved the case. The ties to an old mystery in a "haunted" place is something at always interests me. (I also loved that the suicide Sid mentioned was real. Not some made up stuff. I found the photo online. Amazing they were allowed to take pictures like that years ago. The side story about Lindsay was great. I am so excited for her and Danny and I love the beating the team was doing, even Mac with Christine. Mac and Christine's phone banter was great. Jo's day off story was so touching. It brought tears to my eyes. Sela did such an amazing job! It really reminds you how important the gift is that her sister gave him. Beautifully written and acted. I think this episode was one of the best!

9. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i was not too happy with this episode. i thought it was well done the crime story was not that bad it was interesting. i gave the ep a B+ through.

my first complaint was right at the beginning when they were explaining the victim had on 1920s style clothing. i study fashion history especially from the 20s and that was not the fashion at the time for men. the clothes looked like they belonged to the late 1800s-early 1900s before and during WWI. men were wearing suits in a style we see today and sports clothes in the 1920s. my second complaint is that steam punk was more in the Victorian Era not the 1920s. history inaccuracies drive me nuts.

i am a Danny and Lindsay shipper i have been since Lindsay's first episode pretty much. i was so pissed when i figured out Lindsay was pregnant. as soon as she asked the other people in the lab if it was hot in there my reaction was "crap she's pregnant. great now the show is truly over this season." i was so hoping this would be the season where they could go back to focusing on Danny and Lindsay more as individual characters rather than always being a couple. of course my hopes and dreams were crushed as soon as Lindsay asked the other lab techs that question. one baby story for these two was enough. i wish they would have saved that for the very last episode of the show. i will say it was nice to see that this time the announcement was not all dramatic... although i really liked "The Box" and their scenes together.

the scene where Lindsay tells Danny was very cute even if it made me angry at the same time. i thought it was hysterical that they were all taking bets. Danny and Lindsay should not have been surprised by that. Jo's reaction was the best.

i think i am the only D/L fan who does not like the idea of them having another baby and i am ok with being the only one. seriously i was so angry and frustrated that when i picked up my brother after the episode he was a little afraid of me haha. i am just hoping now that the baby story line is done well and doesn't get in the way of D/L or the other characters.

i knew as soon as i saw Pam Veasey had written the episode as well as directed it that we were getting some kind of Danny and Lindsay scene but another pregnancy story line came completely out of left field for me and this time it did not leave me happy.

Sela Ward's scenes were nice. i felt Jo's story this week was unnecessary but Sela Ward is amazing she's such a good actress.

it was great to see Sid and Adam out in the field. i was beginning to notice that Sid barely goes out in the field anymore i missed seeing him in those scenes. he's so funny he needs to get out more.

all around pretty good ep, frustrating and annoying, but good.

10. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Am I the only one who thought it was weird that Lindsay told Danny she was pregnant at work and in front of a bunch of people?

I assume they're living together - it would have made more sense for her to just tell him him at home. The last time she did tell him at work, but it wasn't in front of an audience and they decided together to tell Mac and then everyone else. I liked their relationship earlier on in the show - back in like Season 3 or Season 4, but they've just gotten so boring since then and I just don't really care now.

The case was okay. I really miss having two-cases in the same episode though, just to change it up. It seems like when they did two cases and different people were paired together there was more interaction between the characters.

11. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

you are awesome.

i thought it was weird Lindsay told Danny in the lab as well. if i hadn't been watching the ep with my parents i would have been yelling instead i had to fume quietly haha.

the fact that you mention Danny and Lindsay have gotten boring i will agree with you but to me they're not that bad. i wish they would go back to being bad ass again. i want the Danny Messer with the bad attitude and the Lindsay Monroe who literally whipped out a pocket knife and tackled a suspect.

it feel like all the characters except for Jo got a little boring. the writers have made the characters too predictable and comfortable.

the two case eps were the best. i like to imagine that the show doesn't have enough money to do two case eps and that maybe the lack of those eps since several seasons ago isn't because of the writers. i feel like with the two case eps we got to know the characters more we got to know the different sides of them.

such a flawed show.... and i love it with all my heart and soul haha.

12. Rena

Rena Rookie

Uhm, okay. I might be the only one around who didn't like the episode very much. First of all I think the case was complete and utter nonsense. Sometimes it's too easy for them. They're detectives, so they should go and detect rather than accusing some guy of being a murderer because that costume dude stole his cell phone. This is freaking ridiculous. I really do miss hard cases they cannot solve within one episode. Or even if they can do it, it needs to be something smart, like "cracking the nut". Argh! That blond chick wasn't convincing at all. It always comes down to money, jealousy, or revenge. I'm still in the mood of :scream::scream::scream: I would give the case a D.

Like many others, I figured Lindsey to be pregnant again the moment she said it was hot in the lab. A little bit cliché, IMO. I was wondering, too, about the two of them shouting it out to everyone in the lab, but I guess Lindsey was too excited to wait until after their shift. The bet was funny. And, of course, Jo's comment "I'm gone one day and she's pregnant" :lol: Obviously, she didn't have a clue about the bet.

What's a mystery to me is Jo's dead sister. Was that ever mentioned? I cannot remember her saying that her sister died in a car accident shortly before she came to New York. To me it would have been nice to give a clue in a previous episode rather than suprise everyone with something out of the blue. Yet I might be wrong about the hint. Nevertheless, it was something very touching and very much focused on her, like a little universe on her own next to all the others. That indeed I liked very much. So I would give these elements of the episode a B+.

13. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

No, I don't ever recall there being a mention of her sister. I think these writers just come up with these things and don't think about what was said or mentioned in the past. Like Flack's brothers, we never heard about them in the past episode and when we saw the letter it was just Don and Sam.

14. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Don't forget, we know these characters in the context of their workplace. Talking about one's dead sister isn't exactly water cooler conversation, and maybe I'm the only one here, but I thought it was completely natural that we didn't know about Jo's sister until now. Her death was clearly a very traumatic event, and while Jo might have told Mac or Lindsey about it outside of work at some point, I don't see see much of a situation were we would have found out until now.

15. Mr Jo Danville

Mr Jo Danville Witness

It could explain why Jo the way she is???