Grade 'The Real McCoy'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Dec 7, 2012.

?

How would you grade The Real McCoy?

1. A+

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. A

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. A-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. B+

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. B

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  6. B-

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I hope his dad wasn't really that way. he was convincing though.

2. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I re-watched the episode and it seems that Adam's dad was abused as a kid. Adam's mom, maybe she ran away after Adam moved out?

3. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

Mac&Adamfan, thanks that is what I thought too. Still can't tell what Adam mumbled, that is just driving me batty. LOL

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I missed what Adam said about his mom too and it's making me nuts as well.

5. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

What scene was it? On the stoop with Mac or in the apartment w/ his gf?

EDIT: Btw, how did Mac know the guy Adam was talking to was his father? How did Mac know Adam would be home when he went to talk to him?

I have closed caption but doesn't show anything different what he said.

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

It was a scene with his dad. I think when his dad was with the police. His dad said something about his mom and Adam responded with something that made me believe his mother was either dead or had left, but I couldn't get what he said exactly.

I just assumed Mac overheard what Adam and his dad were talking about and knew from the conversation he was his dad. I also just assumed Mac knew Adam was off work and assumed he'd be going home after he took his dad back to the nursing home or where ever he lives.

7. Speedslady

I would assume Mac put it together by Adam body action. As for Mac knowing that Adam was home more or less a guess. It happens.

8. Grindigo

Grindigo Dead on Arrival

I think Mac probably worked it out by asking someone, or someone telling him. After all, there were quite a few people watching when Adam's dad realised who was in front of him.

9. Speedslady

So true. And the fact that Adam didn't even see Mac when he zoomed past him afer he returned to the station. I never seen Adam look so mad before. I mean he was livid.

I think all of our conclusions are right it definatly sounds like Adam said she walked out on them when he was a kid. So sometime after he was fifteen his mom left.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  10. Grindigo

Grindigo Dead on Arrival

Maybe she left some time after that. I remember Jo mentioning Adam's parents in her first episode as if they were still together, unless that information wasn't on the file she was reading. For some reason I had the thought that his mum may have died, simply because Adam looked sad when his dad mentioned her. Either that or she left them at a distressing time. :confused:

I'm just wondering what made Adam and his dad move from Arizona to New York.

11. Speedslady

I'm thinking that Charles and Harriet are still legally married if she just got up and left and never legally divorced. That is my assumption anyway.

Don't even get me stared on Jo comment when she first met Adam. That made me dislike her at first. I mean really you don't know what you are saying there Jo. But Adam dealt with it. He is such a trooper.

Going off the few hints that Adam may not be an only child it could reason the fact that he drew 'the short straw' and ended up going and getting him.

Anyway that is my thought on it.

12. Zaphod42

Zaphod42 Civilian

If it weren't for AJ this might have been the worst episode of NY I've seen.

The case was the same unoriginal "a bar got robbed" story they've done over and over again. It was utterly illogical, there weren't any convincing twists. So much stuff was just laughably stupid. I bartend and you can get cheap Vodka for literally less than a dollar a bottle. NO ONE would ever go to the trouble of using a fake methanol stand-in when they could just fill expensive vodka bottles with cheap vodka and do it for less money, trouble and risk. Doesn't this show have researchers? And it hinges on someone remembering something that they could have at any moment.

Then they mess up continuity with Adam's family so they can do a badly written and cliched story about his dad -- the exact same story they've done with other father's on Vegas. AJ made his scenes work, even though he was stuck with this unbelievable relationship with a dream-girl.

I did like the "speakeasy" style of the bar, but I wish they'd done another "past" episode with it. Instead they didn't really use it. At all.