Grade 'The Real McCoy'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Dec 7, 2012.

?

How would you grade The Real McCoy?

1. A+

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. A

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. A-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. B+

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. B

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  6. B-

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

New ep of CSI: NY tonight! Check it out and share what you thought below.

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

We know Christine's in there, but I wonder why IMDB doesn't have it listed. At least we know it's user edited, someone could have missed. I could swear it was there before though.

3. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I would have liked Adam's story better if his unrealistic, super model-looking girlfriend who added nothing to the plot wasn't there. I would have liked it to be focused more on his and Mac's relationship...and maybe the other team members instead of this pointless chick who we all know he couldn't really get to be his girlfriend, LOL. ;)

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

The case was pretty "meh" but I did like the themes of not having time on your side and the sins of the father being the sins of the son and breaking the cycle of behavior that were in both the case and Adam's storyline. Loved Adam's girlfriend and am glad he has someone who wants to be there for him. Loved the end with them dancing and the record being one good memory of his father.

AJ Buckley deserves an Emmy for his performance. Absolutely brilliant. The man who played his father was also really good. Their scenes were heartbreaking. Loved the scene with Adam and Mac.

I gave this one a solid B even though the case didn't hold my attention too much.

5. MacsGirlMel

I felt the same way. I won't remember the case long but loved the character stuff. A.J./Adam was great. Adored the beginning with Mac and Christine and laughed at the brief DL part.

I did note Mac talking about relationships and trust. took him long enough to get the message with Christine.

I hope we see Adam's GF again. Wasn't the Stella incident the last time he had any personal/romantic stuff?

lots of parallels in this ep...The two pairings and having someone to lean on,the father/son stuff.

*Wants Adam to chat with Sara Sidle sometime...Stella can't now but they'd probably ID with each other.*

6. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

The case was meh.

I liked the Adam parts and the last scene with him and Mac. I also liked the Mac/Christine part. Megan must be used to having very small parts.

So I take it that his dad is living at the home he volunteers in NY and not Arizona.

I guess Adam was an only child then. :rolleyes:

EDIT: When Mac and Christine were on the bench, I thought someone was going to walk up to him or something. But I thought that scene was cute.

7. MacsGirlMel

Mac&Adam fan, were you hoping Adam had siblings?

It does seem like we rarely see siblings...I think all we've seen are Danny's brother and Flack's sister.

8. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Enjoyed the Mac/Adam scenes more then the case itself. Mac has always been a father figure to Adam and it showed in this episode.
    The case itself is simply a repeat of episodes that has dated all the way back to season 1,an innocent person paying for the fact their friend is a crook,drug dealer,etc.

9. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

In an episode a few years back he had mentioned a sister and in the episode 34th Floor, Jo had mentioned something like 'George and Harriet's' youngest child'. When I did tweet to Zack about Adam's parents names, I forgot about the kids part but I bet they wouldn't have mentioned them anyway.

10. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

I really enjoyed the episode. And plan on watching it again.

The Case:

I have to say I did suspect the partner of the murder. I liked the idea of the 1920s theme. I liked the banter between some of the team members. The thing is about any of the cases, there aren't many other ways to kill someone. If we get a S10 I like to see CSI: NY go back to their darker roots.

Adam storyline:

Loved it! Loved it! I felt so bad for him. They couldn't have found a better actor to play Charles Ross then James Handy. All Adam wanted was answers for why his father did what he did. And in a way he did. It was vicious cycle. And Adam was the one to break it. As for the sibling question, personally this wasn't about them, this was about what transpired between him and his father. It has always been hinted that Adam had siblings, back in S5 "no good deed" where he mentions something about a sister. Then later in S7 when Jo (and this still ticks me off to no end) where she mentions Adam family and that he is the youngest. So there is a possibility of that.

Oh and how many of you all cheered when the cop strong armed Charles Ross? I know I did. Alzheimer or not at that moment he was Adam 'monster'.

AJ Buckley has a bright future in acting that much is for sure. He has it all, he can play comedy, he can play drama.

As for the girlfriend, I thought it was sweet she wanted to be there. I think she is good for Adam, not sure if I like her or not. I mean did she even have a name?

One tiny question did Adam say that his mom left when he was a kid?

The best moment was by far Adam and Mac sitting on the stoop talking about what had happened. It truly was a father/son moment. I always thought that Adam thought of Mac in that way.

11. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I'll probably re-watch it but I thought it was Charles who had suggested his wife runs off.

EDIT: That would make sense for Charles being there.

12. MacsGirlMel

The writers don't remember families well...On CSI Vegas,they made Sara an only child too after it was made clear earlier that she had a brother.

13. JoFlackPenguin

JoFlackPenguin Hit and Run

my favorite thing about this episode was of course Adam... it wasnt all laughs about it... I felt bad for the guy... i cried everytime he did he deserves an Emmy or sumthing for that

and hmmm idk what to think about Adam's girlfriend... she was okay but yeah idk she's probably too hot for Adam

Mac/Christine scene was cute on the bench... a lil upset she was barely in the episode and didnt care much about the case

14. ~Sunny~

~Sunny~ Witness

Absolutely agree with you! That Episode made me cry, it remembered me very much of my grandfather, who also couldn't remember what he did to me when I was young...

AJ's acting was incredible and I couldn't help thinking that he was thinking of his own dad when they shot that incredible scene on the stoop. Those tears were real IMHO.

15. Grindigo

Grindigo Dead on Arrival

I couldn't care any less for the case tbh. But the Adam parts! Truly fantastic. Honestly some of the best TV I have seen in a long while.