Season #9 Spoiler Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by PerfectAnomaly, May 30, 2012.

1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I think for a recurring character knowing she owns a restaurant and got in touch with Mac because he was her deceased brother's partner who she also knew is pretty good. Her purpose is to be Mac's love interest and she's not supposed to be in every episode so she's not a character that really should have a ton of development outside of her relationship with Mac IMO.

2. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

She has to check to see if she is making money and that's why in one episode she was looking over her books.

That being said, I'm still not sure about the idea that Mac or anyone else could just walk in if the restaurant is closed.

3. Rena

Rena Rookie

And yet this is the reason why so many of us don't like her. If her only "raison d'être" is being Mac's most suitable love interest and not "being a character that should have a ton of development", as you said, then there is absolutely no chance for her character to get a tiny weeny bit of sympathy. As I said, I don't dislike her, but I would agree with MissJanet that every now and then Christine gives the impression of a "cardboard girlfriend".

4. MissJanet

MissJanet Victim

There is something that bothers me. A character like Christine could just so be transported into Star Trek, where she would be a Holodeck fantasy, programmed by Captain Mac Taylor. And everyone would freak because that would be sexist and degrading for both Christine and Mac.

Shouldn't TPTB try a little harder on a show that grounds in our time and reality?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I do agree about the open door. It's way too dangerous anyplace,especially a big city. And it was easily avoidable if they'd had one of them mention hm calling when he got close oe just had Mac knock.

6. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

True. But the problem is, it was suggested that she didn't return Mac's calls so I don't think she would have answered the phone.

Unless the guy who left when Mac came in, picked up the phone and told her.

7. MacsGirlMel

Oh yeah, I forgot about the first entry.a knock wouldve worked better that time.

Ok we have info on two more eps...I hope that isn't it til Feb...I know about the usual holiday hiatus,but I wonder how long it'll last this time.

I do see Christine still listed for ep10..lI wonder if some of the earlier storyline was preservd or if it's different now.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  8. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

source: http://tvline.com/2012/11/28/csi-ny-season-9-cast-laura-vandervoort-vengeful-convict/

9. MacsGirlMel

I wonder if Mac's problem will still be going on by crossover time, and if it'll show up in Vegas. Of course, it might leave those who don't watch NY confused. I'll be curious how they handle it. I know Mac won't want to explain it.

10. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I don't think it will show up. I can't see them doing that for the crossovers.

11. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

9.14 - "White Gold"

Back in a bit. :)

~ Abby and Noah, both 19, are near a warehouse district vandalizing some walls with graffiti, one of the tags being "Murderer." Noah is more nervous about doing this than Abby, and is wanting to leave when the screech of a car around the corner startles them both. After checking to see what happened, they determine it was just a fender bender and proceed to tagging more of the walls. When the cars vroom off, they peek around the corner and see a body lying next to where the cars were once parked.

~ Flack and Lovato are the first to arrive at the scene.

~ The episode seems to delve into the world of NYC pizzerias. At one point, it seems like someone may have been killed over mozzarella.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  13. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

This is already the 14th episode. I sure hope they are still going home with the characters even though Don's storyline was the best so far.

14. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Thanks a Lot Perl and vegaslights for the interesting info.

15. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Thanks VGL.

Nothing about episode 13th?