Season #9 Spoiler Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by PerfectAnomaly, May 30, 2012.

1. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

Oh my god, Christine gets kidnapped? Seriously? Not one bit interested...

Also, will there be enough screen time left to give the other characters (Jo, Sheldon, Danny, Sid) a decent storyline?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  2. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

What if it was Lucy or Ellie instead of Christine?

Besides, they already did a story with Danson's character this year.

3. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

Even then I wouldn't be interested. This isn't just because I don't like the character of Christine, or the Mac/Christine-relationship. CSI:NY has only just done the kindnapping-storyline, with Camille/Sheldon. It has been done so many times. I mean, is it so hard to just be a tiny bit original? Also, as has been said before, Mac'll just get to play the stereotypical hero. No, thanks. I'm just waiting for the personal storylines of the other characters who haven't gotten their screen time yet. There are just so many possibilities with all of these different characters. If Jo, and especially Sid, don't get a decent storyline this season, I'm going to be mighty pissed. Oh well, I guess there are still a few episodes left.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  4. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Boo. That bubble just got popped for me. Never mind. If it was a terrorist cell operating in both Las Vegas AND New York and the teams come together to stop it, then it would've been awesome. But Christine going missing? WTF?

Boo.

5. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I forgot about Camille and Sheldon one from a few years ago.

I do hope they can do the personal story lines. I hate that we are getting closer to 18 episode mark and we haven't heard from Jo, Sheldon, Danny, Mac, and Sid.

6. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

Aren't 9.10 and the episode mentioned above going to be centered around Mac? And yes, that's exactly how I feel. le SIGH.

7. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

Also, I'm wondering if any substantial is going to happen in the Jo/Mac-relationship? I mean, they promised us this big leap forward. But all I have seen so far is that their friendship has come to an absolute deadlock. They didn't even use the Jo/Mac/Christine-storyline to move things forward. I don't get it. I kind of miss their playful banter and fun interactions.

8. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

9.10 was supposed to yes, unless they put Adam instead. Maybe the episode mentioned above is centered around Mac as to his vacation time.

9. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

Yeah, that could very well be. If that's how they are going to fill in Mac's personal storyline, so be it.

10. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I have to admit, I think after Mac snapping at her to stay out of his personal business, she's just not going to make any personal suggestions like she has in the past.

I have to admit, I never liked her making suggestions about him being a father like she did in season 7 and I think a few epiosdes ago, she suggested something that he and Christine would have blonde little ones. Or something to that effect.
    Even that train idea was better than him going to Vegas and Christine getting kidnapped. :rolleyes:

11. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

Mm, I get what you are saying about Jo. I guess that's just the way she has been portrayed from the beginning- remember that first awkward scene with Adam taking her fingerprints? Didn't like that part for one bit, to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the character of Jo, but sometimes her interacting with Mac comes off as a little... well, forced. But most of the time, I think their friendship has been really well-handled. I did like the scenes, for example, where she commented on Mac's awkwardness around women, or his choice of clothing. I mean, those kind of scenes are believable, and not far-fetched. I kind of said it in the beginning of the season, that I was afraid that their friendship would be given less attention. Turns out I have been right so far. I wish I wasn't, though.

12. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

The only way it would be remotely interesting is if there was even an outside chance the kidnapped character would die. They'd never kill off Lucy, Ellie or Christine so there's no real reason to watch unless you're a fan of Mac steamrolling over everyone and being a hypocrite by breaking protocol to save his boo. I like Christine, but this is just a stupid storyline. The only thing remotely interesting is DB and Mac working together and they could've done that with a much better plot idea than this stinker.

13. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I have to admit, even though I didn't like her in that one episode because of the Adam part, I do miss the friendship Mac and Jo used to have. Not sure I like the personal stories anymore. LOL

Yeah, there could have been a better reason for DB and Mac to work together.

14. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Well, I don't think it's a stinker...I'm excited about it. I do get the arguments about "why does Danson get a crossover already?" and "the GF in danger has been done already" and especially the "why do we need another "Mac crosses lines and gets personal" story" arguments but I'll probably still like it, being a M/C shipper. I sooo wanna see Mac and Brass interact, have for a long time, though the shared Marine background may not come up.

The fiance thing is definitely Vegas, (it's Hodges)I've seen those spoilers too. Though I'd be happy to at least see Hawkes with a girlfriend...never liked Camille much, but right now, anything is better than nothing I guess. Flack needs one too, that they don't haul off and ax.

I was confused by that link, I was like "wait, the Danny suspecting Lindsay" was a few eps ago. But that's an older article, that's all.

I do still wish a multi-character crossover would happen...the only one in the show's history was Warrick and Catherine going to Miami in the pilot for that show that was in the LV series. I think when Mac went to Miami it was only him and then only H came up to NY, and the Ray thing was Ray-only.

The LV thread has mixed feelings too, though for a few other reasons than we do. I will probably watch all of it at once and skip part 1 until right before 2 so I'm not left hanging, but I have a feeling I'll enjoy it.

I do think they better get going on some Flack or Jo or Hawkes personal storylines pretty soon, or they'll have been short shrifted this season. Adam isn't doing badly, and Flack got his ep, but not much besides...Jo and Hawkes haven't had their eps yet.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Horatio hasn't gone to Vegas, no. Langston did go to Miami, though, during the three-part crossover a few years ago. Here's a list of all the crossovers in the franchise, including the ones to other shows.