Grade 'Late Admissions'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Nov 16, 2012.

?

How would you grade Late Admissions?

1. A+

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. A-

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. B+

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  5. B

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  9. C-

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

New episode tonight--check it out and share your thoughts below! :cool:

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Just as bad as I thought it would be. I could care less about Lindsay's back story. I'm pissed that she once again treats Danny like a second class citizen when he wants to be there for her and then he welcomes her home with open arms. It's telling to me that Belknap didn't get much dialogue or anything tougher than staring off into space for Lindsay's big closure story.

The case was predictable and boring. How could the first 4 episodes be so good and this one suck so bad? :wtf:

3. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Because they have no clue how to write Lindsay-centric anything and didn't develop the case properly because they gave so much space to all those tween/teen-Lindsay flashbacks. The case could have been decent at least - Jo/Adam scene was good and even Danny and Hawkes in the lab managed to not be annoying. The only truly good things about this episode were Mac's interactions with the DA, and all the Mac/Don taken-out-of-context bromance looks while they were watching the kids at the restaurant :lol:

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I agree there were some good moments, but it wasn't enough to save the episode for me.
    In all fairness, t's hard to write a character centric story when you have a sub par actress to work with.

5. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

Maybe I am alone but I kina enjoyed it. Love Flack as always. Though I am a bit confused when did Lindsay mom die? I mean didn't she leave for Montana in 'Green Peace' to visit her?

As for lindsay treatment of Danny maybe she just doesn't want that to be part of his life. My opinion anyway.

I think we will see Mac doing better especially now that he has told Christine so that should lessen the stress on Mac.

I am a bit ticked watching it and my tv screen went black. And then come find out Blue Bloods isn't on. GRRRR...

6. ~Sunny~

~Sunny~ Witness

You are not alone. I was enjoying it too and actually cried at the end. Need to re watch it for a more detailed rating though.

7. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

I know wasn't that sweet. I have always loved them as a couple. She slips her hand in his back pocket I was like awww....

8. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Nope, they weren't enough to save it for me either.

Well, and not to mention how a straight forward plot for her would have been challenging enough, the backstory they gave her requires a lot of subtle-touch emotional depth that Eddie and Gary put on display in that no speaking episode. And AB just cannot do that.

And like you, it pissed me off to no end the way she completely blew Danny off. If it were me, I'd have wanted my husband right there, and if he couldn't be I sure as hell would have talked to him and relied on him for emotional support. I thought it was really crappy the way she treated him.

9. JoFlackPenguin

JoFlackPenguin Hit and Run

okay thanks for the heads up I never watched it yet but it does sound as bad that I thought it would be it seems like i wont rate all episodes as A's this year

10. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

It's been going downhill since the drivel known as "Unspoken" aired.

11. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

If I had given any less of a f*ck about Lindsay's epic(ally boring) backstory, Hammerback would have declared me dead. And the case was equally dull. More rich, privileged kids behaving stupidly. Never seen that before. Not a crime against prime time like most of seasons six and seven, but not worth watching, either.

12. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I just wonder if maybe the writers just can't write her very well anymore or maybe she just isn't good anymore.

I liked the Adam parts especially the movie one, Mac and the DA as well as Mac and Don.

I was surprised that it was the teacher, kinda thought it was another student.

13. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Every season has had at least one stinker and for this season,this one has to be it.
    I have to agree with others that when it comes to being able to deliver the emotional punch needed,Anna simply can't do it.
    She couldn't do it when she debuted way back in season 2 and seven years later,hasn't changed in that regards. She does have episodes where she's shined but more often then not,they turn out like this episode did. Flat and unconvincing,which ruined any attempts the story had at making us feel for her character.
    As for the case itself,the theme has been done to death on all three of the CSI shows. Basically any kid with money is a spoiled brat that has no feelings for others and feels entitled to cheat or have whatever they want. Nothing new here.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  14. MissJanet

MissJanet Victim

Pretty boring. It does not help that I found the conversations between Lindsay and her father immature/basic. She is a married woman with child for a long time now but it seems like she still tries to find out what to do with her life, still feels that she could do better. That makes the character uneven and rather unsympathetic to me.

15. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Something else I thought of, who is watching Lucy when Danny was waiting outside?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012