Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Ghawazee, Aug 3, 2009.

?

Choose New Stellarina Thread!

Poll closed Aug 10, 2009.
  1. Stella/Melina #7: 'Cause even Athene and Aphrodite worship her.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. Stella/Melina #7: The perfect combination of brains, looks, and personality.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. Stella/Melina #7: a goddess came down to earth !

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  4. Stella/Melina #7:Athene in her mortal form.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Stella/Melina #7: Zeus' gift to Hollywood.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Stella/Melina#7 'Cause she is the angel that enlighten our hearts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. Stella/Melina #7: Because she´s the Greek Goddess of Crimonology

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. Stella/Melina #7Because she´s the heart and soul of the CSI-team

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  10. Stella/Melina#7 Because Lady Liberty speaks in Greek!

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  11. Stella/Melina#7 Because she is the light and soul of NY Lab

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Stella/kelina#7 Because we all love Rambo Stella

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. lukeace

lukeace Victim

I am so glad they did not kill Stella off, that would have been a terrible loss, she has so many exiting storylines and brings life and action to the CSi Crime Lab. I really hope she like Catherine will come back to CSI even just for a few episodes.

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Catherine's staying for now, but yeah.

Tonight made me miss her...she could always get Mac to listen and do what he needed to LOL

3. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

Did anybody else pick up on the reference to Stella in the latest episode? Lindsay said the first victim was one of the last cases Stella worked on.

It seems the only person that remembers Stella even existed is Lindsay

4. UKFAN

UKFAN Dead on Arrival

I absolutely agree. It would be nice for someone to mention her especially Mac, Sid or Adam all three had a thing for Stella.

Guys, Stella has moved to New Orleans not died it is alright to mention her. I'd like to see a scene with Mac talking to her on the phone or someone mention having spoken to her or say they missed her as she was a big part of their life for 6 years.

Long live Stella!!!!

5. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

6. Queenie

Queenie Witness

I totally agree! It hurts me and I think it's disrespectful how they seem to have forgotten her. Seems like those 6 years didn't mean anything.
    I've seen other shows respecting and remembering their previous cast members. Sadly CSI:NY isn't one of them. And Stella was one of the main characters!

I haven't watched the show since Melina left but I have my ways to keep up with it and I know they haven't really mentioned Stella since she left to New Orleans (once or twice)! Mac & Stella were really close friends and partners and I don't think they wouldn't still call each others. And what hurt me the most is that they didn't mention Stella on that 9/11 episode. Stella was there for Mac when it happend and she would had been there for him now if they just decided to put that on the show.

If Melina ever decides to come back or if they want her back ( God,I hope so!! ) I hope they don't write Stella out of the character and will treat her with respect. I really wanna see her again even if it was just for one or two episodes.

7. JoFlackPenguin

JoFlackPenguin Hit and Run

I wouldn't mind seeing Stella again, especially of how she'll deal with the face that mac has Christine, if she doesnt know by now, but i dont think she does know becuz he like NEVER mentions Stella... seems like Lindsay is the only one who still cares

8. Queenie

Queenie Witness

Maybe they had a big fall out. I mean who would want Stella gone!? No one from the team I'm sure.
    At least it seems like it. If I was Mac I would feel hurt.
    I think it would be interesting to see how everyone would react if she came back.
    I think it would be a nice ending for the show if Melina/Stella came back. Nice way to say 'goodbye' to them all.

IF the show is coming to it's end I mean.

9. JoFlackPenguin

JoFlackPenguin Hit and Run

yeah it would... it would make a lot of people happy i'm thinking and maybe those who stopped watching NY becuz Melina/Stella was gone hope theyll be back for those Stella episodes if they ever come

10. Queenie

Queenie Witness

I know I would be back! I stopped watching when Melina left (it hurt too much to continue watching). She is my favourite. I think I would even buy the whole season on DVD if she came back only for couple of episodes! :lol:

I've been trying to keep up with Melina after she left CSI:NY and I think she haven't been that busy. So she might have time to come back! She's got few charity things and she made a movie which should come out next year.
    I would love to see her back on TV though! I really miss her. :(

And if she comes back as Stella I know I will cry my eyes out! :( :lol:

11. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

I felt it was finally time to add my two cents to this long-dead, now recently-revived thread.

I'm unable to watch CSI:NY due to it coming on when I work on Friday nights but have followed it from afar. It has made me very upset, that there has never been a single mention of Stella, except brief mentions by Lindsay, who Stella was least close to, through the entire time since she left for N.O.

As much as I actually have come to like Sela Ward on this show, the fact that there has been virtually no acknowledgement of Stella's presence on the show, the lack of any mention by Mac, whom she was very close to, nor does anyone seem to miss her, has left a perpetual wound on my heart. I mean, Stella was there for Mac numerous times, not to mention him saying he couldn't do his job without her. Many, including Jo fans, have said they would love to have a scene with Mac talking to Stella on the phone, or even Mac mentioning talking to Stella on the phone about some case she dealt with in N.O.

Yet as of the middle of Season 9, it's like he pretends she doesn't exist or existed at all, the same goes with the other characters. Not that I expected a lot of mentions of Stella, especially not in every episode by any stretch of the imagination but almost every other show I've watched where characters left, they still mention him/her and acknowledging the mark he/she left with the team or died. Catherine Willows is an example. Same for the late Warrick Brown.

That has not happened at all on CSI:NY. The fact that Mac seems to not even remotely miss Stella, as a partner or a friend, not even any mention during the 9/11 episode, just leaves a nasty and unpleasant odor with me.

I really, really loved Stella, still do, and while I thought season 6 was the weakest with MK on the show, at the time, I thought it was just an ebb-phase and that they'd give her better material next time. Then the unthinkable happened on 7-12-10. :(

Now, I will say that I've done my best, to separate Sela Ward from how I endure MK's sudden departure and I try to be careful about walking the thin line between Jo now on the show, and the leftover sadness of Stella's absence. I can't say all of the Stella/MK fans have been successful at this. But anyway, SW is for a separate thread.

I really wished MK would've let us know what she is up to. As of this writing, I've seen nothing of MK except for a movie called Snitch which comes out next year.

All of this, and the fact that neither MK nor Stella seem to get any mentions by the cast and/or crew upsets me sometimes to the point that I actually, deliberately tried to let this thread sink into the abyss, in the sense of suppressing the whole MK/Stella topic. I do want to thank whoever revived the thread though.

Many MK sites, including some that I shared with this forum, have sadly closed completely, and the number of clubs have dwindled considerably. Are there any MK sites left anymore? The only one I know is on Fanpop.

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/melina-kanakaredes

This, from my knowledge, is the only surviving MK site I know of.

12. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Even though this thread is pretty much dead most of the time but is it time for a new one?

I think this is one of those cases where when people leave, they just aren't talked about.

For example, my ex-coworker Mike, he left the job I am at almost 2 years ago and I don't talk about him at all but if I do, it's more of 'have you talked to him?'. Some who were there when he left, I'm sure remember him.

I remember years ago when my dad still lived in San Diego, I asked him about his co workers/friends, if he still talks to them.

He said, nope. People just move on and you make new friends or get new jobs.

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I think it depends how close you are. I'd like them to mention her though.

14. Screenplayer

Screenplayer Hit and Run

Happy birthday, Melina!!!

15. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Happy birthday Melina!!

It was so wonderful to see your return in "Snitch" which in and of itself was a very good movie.

We miss you on TV and hope to see you again on either the small and/or big screen again in the near future. :)