Season 13 Spoiler Lab Discussion Part 1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by vegaslights, May 9, 2012.

1. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

I don't think she will cheat on him, but it will show her how much she miss her husband : maybe a way to bring Grissom back home (even if we don't see him ) ?

2. Frosch

Frosch Witness

I hope you're right but I think I am going to be fretting about this until the episode airs.

3. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

I don't think she'll cheat either, it would upset so many fans and it's unlike her character throughout the series. I think it'll be more along the lines of what monketsharona said, a step to change their relationship for the better.

4. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I agree. It would totally dismantle what we have seen so far. But, like Frosch, I admit to being a little nervous about this episode.

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

The episode thread for "It Was a Very Good Year" is now up. All discussion for that episode can now be done here. :)

6. Nette1980

Nette1980 Civilian

Considering the choice of words (male, with whom she still has sparks) I very much imagine that it'll have one way or the other to do with GSR. Otherwise there'd be no need to mention that.
    Though English is not my first language .. can "having sparks with someone" mean something else than "romantic feelings"?

I hope they won't show the relationship in danger. With how they presented GSR so far, having Grissom say that she's the only person he ever really loved, having Sara say (or rather write, in her letter to him) something along the same meaning, anything ending it quickly now would be a bit odd.
    That'd be a sudden change of mind .. just last week she was telling him that she misses and loves him.

As long as they're just showing that it's difficult for the two to be in a long-distance-relationship, I'm fine with it.
    But cheating or anything else in that direction would really disappoint me.
    If that guy was really so interesting for her .. why didn't she go for him already in all the years that Grissom didn't respond to her interest?

And I'd really like to actually see Grissom again some time soon! We got his voice last week, that's a good start. But I hope this year we can get a little more than that.

Will this really take place in SF?
    The colleague is from SF .. but there's no mention really that it'll take place there. The plane crashes near the strip ..

7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

So Sara's former guy pal is NTSB Investigator Doug. He's in his late 30s to 40s, handsome, likable, a guy’s guy, smart and good at his job. To solve the case, he assembles a replica plane. He and Sara, to whom he's still attracted, were once more than teammates back in San Francisco, and Doug wouldn't mind taking a friendly trip down memory lane with her. The role is recurring.

Also, "Once Bitten" is now officially titled "Play Dead."

8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Ok, I wasn't too worried til I noted the 'recurring' part. :(
    Is this Sara's version of LH? Someone to talk to and confide in about her marriage? No hanky panky, please.

After I get passed the dread of this whole scenario, I'd love to know who is cast; then I can put him on my hit list (unless it's Sawyer or Jack from Lost).

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  9. Frosch

Frosch Witness

This just gets worse and worse. If it's a recurring role then Sara obviously is giving him signals that she is open for an affair. I truly never would have thought they would go down this path.

So, between episodes 3, where Sara tells Grissom she loves and missed him and episode 10 where she and her ex rekindle their relationship, something goes horribly wrong in Grissom and Sara's marriage?

I am a little surprised and rather disappointed that Jorja Fox and Carol Mendelsohn seem to have changed their view on Sara/Grissom. I guess Grissom/William Petersen have served their purpose and are now expendable. Sad.

10. Dark CSI

Dark CSI Hit and Run

I agree that DB has done a great job breathing life back into the show, but Finn is just sucking it all right back out again. Matt Roush seriously needs to rethink the words 'current star' and 'reinvention' when it comes to Finn's character.

I agree with Crow, she's had half a season for the fans to warm to her and instead they're liking her less and less with every episode. And bear in mind that not only did most people take to DB very quickly (I feel in love with him from his first episode!) but Ted Danson had a far harder time of it because he debuted as the new character on the heels of the Ray Langston debacle, when the fans were already irked and not very open to welcoming any new character. However, Shue came along when the fans were much happier with the route the show was going leaving them more open to new characters. I think the fact that they still can't take to her despite that fact is telling.

Actually, from what I've seen, most people here (myself included) actually like Shue as an actress. Its the character of Finn we're having problems with. She's harsh and abrasive without any of the warmth that Sara or Catherine exuded. Moreover, she has that same 'Super CSI' quality thing that Ray Langston had which irritated the fans so much. The show needs to soften her character in a major way or else lessen her screen time because she is just too much right now.

Incidentally, when Langston was on the show, Nick got more screen time than any other season and even then the fans didn't like him. Its not about our favourites getting all the air time - that doesn't happen on an ensemble show - its about a character that gets right up our noses getting all the air time.

Sorry about the long rant but I'm just irritated that when they were finally getting the show back on track with the first half of season 13, they started to derail it with the same old problems with the introduction of Finn.

11. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

With regards to the Sara/Grissom thing, let's not forget that not everything is as it seems in terms of spoilers. Remember Catherine/McQuaide from last year, and how they scrapped their hook up?

I may not have a large amount of faith in the writers, but I think GSR fans should take comfort in the fact that Jorja is probably well aware a large number of her fans support the ship. If she's having as much creative input into the storyline as she claims, she's not going to rifle those fans with her character having an affair. :)

12. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

Wowzer! Just read all the recent gossip on GSR. I'd also be extremely disappointed if something were to happen to GSR. It'd be so out of character for Sara after all they've been through. Also agree it'd upset us GSR fans and Jorja wouldn't want that to happen (or at least I hope not :p)

Again I agree Shue is a terrific actress! It's how they've brought her character in that's sucking the spark out of what was a great opening season.

*would love to meet Sara's mom if this has connection to San Fran :)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  13. Nette1980

Nette1980 Civilian

I have to say that I feel rather better since the last info ..
    Seems to come all from his side .. maybe he's just running after her .. it all depends on how it's played out.
    Let's keep the faith. ;)

Cheating and breaking up just wouldn't fit with any information we got recently .. I know they talked about showing the difficulties of a long distance relationship .. but there's still a difference between that and cheating and breaking up ..

So either the writers had a major change of mind or they just want to tease us while in the end we'll see that it wasn't all that bad and we'll get to see back Grissom and great scenes between him and Sara. :thumbsup:

14. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

It's a great news, Sara finally has a storyline !

15. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Press release for 1307: