Grade 'Unspoken'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 19, 2012.

?

How would you grade Unspoken?

1. A+

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. A

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. A-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. B+

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  5. B

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. B-

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. D+

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

The emotions Eddie showed in this episode made dialogue unneeded for the first part of this episode. I also enjoyed the scenes with Lucy.
    The second part was just as compelling. One can understand Evan's anger but what he did,ended up hurting the same kids he cared so much about.

2. Rena

Rena Rookie

Oh Dear, I expected this one to be a lot worse.

I think it was a nice touch to skip any dialogue for the first half, yet it only works in solos. As soon as there is any kind of interaction, I agree with others that it seemed to be awkward when there should be words but there aren't. Also, I prefer instrumental music and not some American poprock. I don't like Green Day very much and thought that the instrumental music at the beginning made Mac's scene even more dramatic and emotional. Speaking of Mac, Gary's acting was awesome and brilliant! So was Eddie's.

I noticed there was no Christine in this one. I liked that. Less Christine and more Adam :lol:

The mysteries of a lady's purse :lol: It's incredible what stuff we put in them. Unsurprisingly, it takes a while to search for any specific item in there or, worse, to repack it once it fell on the ground and all the little things got spread out on the floor.

I also noticed these drawings that were supposed to be made by the fifth-graders. No kid draws like that at that age. They were clearly made by some adults who tried to draw like a kid. Sorry, I know it's just random but I thought it was interesting. :)

After all I give this one a B+.

3. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Do little girls kick their mom like that? But maybe because of the no dialogue thing, Lucy had to kick Lindsay.

4. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

I use to carry all that stuff in my purse, I even had a fork in my purse one time. LOL I've cut back on what I carry now.

I loved the expressions of each of the actors/actresses. What is the old saying: Actions speak louder then words.

I thought that rang true.

5. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

When I first read about the "no dialogue for 30 minutes" idea I thought it would be just another stupid gimmick. Boy was I wrong. I thought the first half of the episode was extremely powerful without words. Gary and Eddie knocked it out of the park. The characters' movements and facial expressions along with the background music completely told the story. I was impressed.

The kids (all three) were cute.
    Adam got out of the lab.
    Sheldon is looking FINE.
    I agree with Rena, 5th graders don't draw like that.
    The teacher's idea that a political rally with lots of people, security, and cameras was a good place to shoot the woman was ridiculous. If he was able to follow her down the street later with a knife, he could have easily done that before. Dumb.

There were flaws but I loved the episode.

6. Speedslady

I'm actually off to my tv.com app to rewatch the ep. :)

7. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Something else I thought of, when she got hit by the cart, didn't the officers think it was related to the shooting?

EDIT: I thought it was too much of a coincidence though.

8. JoFlackPenguin

JoFlackPenguin Hit and Run

I wasnt so sure if I would watch this episode but I did, i like the different things occuring this season somehow im liking it more than the others even though last year was pretty good.... this episode for me is an A- because I always compare the present episode with the past ones

9. ~Sunny~

~Sunny~ Witness

I read several reviews on this episode and came to the conclusion, that the majority thinks it was a very good one.
    As I said before: The actors had to really act this time :)

10. Speedslady

Even after rewatching thd ep I still stand by my original posting. I came to this conclusion on the gunmen. Even though he said he planned it, planning and going through it are two different things. He is not your average killer, he is soft hearted person who has a innocent love of children. So he just pulled the trigger and started shooting.

Yes he did go to kill Lindsay but he had convection about it, and the picture that Lucy drew sealed his choice to let Lindsay live.

Now he has to live with the fact that his action cost the life of a child, for him that is by far worse then any prison. That is my take on the gunmen.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  11. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I checked out the scene with the teacher and student and I can see how the woman felt what he did was inappropriate even though she was crying.

Grant it, nowadays, you pat a child on the back, you are a bad person or hug a child, you are a bad person but the woman just seemed like she was out to get him.

12. tobinhr

tobinhr Hit and Run

I finally got to watch the episode and I give it a solid B+ (extra points for creativity!). My main man, Eddie Cahill, was absolutely terrific. Loved all the kids, with a surprising affection for Lucy. Poor Mac. He's going to have to tell Christine, you know...

Liked it! I don't want to see it every week, but it was a nice departure from the norm.

Tobin

13. kkennedytx

kkennedytx Rookie

I gave the episode an "A"! I thought this was great! I had my doubts at first, but I let the Green Day music wash over me while I concentrated on the actors actually *acting*. I could feel Mac's frustration at not remembering the word "red", and his memory of seeing that color trickle across the floor after he was shot explained (to me) why that color/word was blocked. Then Lindsey looking for Lucy--not panicky, but determined--you could follow her thoughts as she dropped down to look for Lucy's shoes--then her relief at finding Lucy (who was triumphant at catching that errant penny that rolled away). Then, watching the scene with the kids in the alley, and Flack's frustration at lack of cell phone signal and his heartbreak as the little girl died as he tried to keep pressure on the wound.... Even the scenes at the hospital--Jo and Mac comforting Lucy and Danny and then Danny with Lucy as they left the hospital at night--lots of emotions expressed without the use of speech was so well done! I thought they did a great job at *showing* us what was happening instead of *telling* us through dialogue. Once the dialogue did begin again, the pace picked up to bring the case to its conclusion.

14. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

This is exactly why I liked it so much too. One of my big beefs with the show throughout the years, especially with Danny and Lindsay, is that we're told what happened or what we should feel and it's never shown on screen adequately so it never rings true. Removing the words and being forced to show instead of tell went a long way in making me believe what people were thinking and feeling.

15. Speedslady

That makes so much sense on why he had such a hard time remembering the color red.