"Wild Flowers" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Oct 14, 2012.

1. stokesmyfire

stokesmyfire Prime Suspect

As soon as Jacinta opened her mouth for Morgan to do the swab and Morgan flinched back I knew she was missing her tongue and it stood to reason why she couldn't talk then too.

Did the writers give us a few hints as to where Nick is headed...?

Hodges asking if he had an interview because he was putting a suit in his locker.

Nick warning Moreno off about Finn. (We know George's thoughts on this.)

"For a CSI you make a pretty good cop."

2. Rena

Rena Rookie

Yeah, I was wonderin. I didn't quite get this. Why was Nick warning him about dating Finn? :confused:

3. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

I think this one would be my favourite of the three episodes we've had so far this season. Unlike last week, which started fantastically and limped its way to the end, this story felt more consistent and complete with no side-plots disrupting the flow.

I've always taken a liking to Morgan since she joined the show last year but I definitely feel that this was her shining hour! Really great job by Liz Harnois. There were definite vibes of early-season Sara but I didn't feel she lost control as much, apart from maybe her rant at Moreno which felt a little shoehorned in to add a bit of drama. I also thought the actress who played the girl did a really good job as well!

Moreno also went up massively in my estimations this episode, I think not being stuck with Finn gave him a bit more "breathing space". Really loved his interactions with Nick in this one. Nick & Sara had some great moments throughout as well, DB was back into his supervisor role and Finn was pretty much non-existent, meaning she couldn't be annoying. :p

Greg is still criminally underused (even though I'm well aware he's got a big episode next week) but at least he got a few more lines than Finn. I'm hoping to see some more good Brass moments when he returns next week as well. Whilst his scenes haven't been numerous they have been top quality so far this season.

I thought the case was decent and pretty well done. Although I had a couple of minor nitpicks. Firstly I thought the ending was a bit rubbish, having the dad set the caravan on fire just seemed like an unnecessary device to put some action in and have Morgan and Nick run around a bit. Secondly there's still a few too many "off-screen forensics" going on. I know we've seen a lot of it before but I do like the classic evidence instrumental filler scenes and would definitely prefer it to just saying "X found blah blah blah in the bullet thing". ;)

I thought the scene transitions felt pretty slick in this one as well. Big thumbs up for the drawing -> wind farm effect!

Overall, an above average episode. Nothing mind-blowing but I enjoyed it the whole way through and I liked the insight into Morgan's character. Not having too much backstory (with regards to the premiere) was a big advantage to this one as well.

Solid 8.0/10 from me. :)

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I really liked this one! It was a mystery to me until the dad showed up. Yeah, it was pretty obvious it was going to turn out to be him, but I still liked the way they did it.

LOVED Nick and Moreno together...for several reasons. :adore: And Nick and Hodges. :lol:

I really liked Morgan in this one. I loved how she said Hodges was her best friend. :) She doesn't bother me at all...not the way Finn does. I was glad there wasn't much Finn in this episode.

I hate to say it, but I didn't miss Brass. I mean literally, I didn't realize he wasn't in it until someone mentioned it here. I hope they aren't phasing him out, but Moreno sure is good. Easy on the eyes too. :)

It still bugs me tho how they have one CSI at the beginning and then another jumps in and then someone disappears for awhile and then shows up again. Weird.

5. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

ENjoyed this episode from start to finish,the scenes with Moreno and Finn,all of Morgan's scenes.
    I do agree we need more Greg.

6. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

What a great episode. The best of the season so far. I especially loved Morgan, what a great performance by Elisabeth Harnois. I really liked that they focussed on her character. And how she talked about Hodges, so sweet.
    I have no idea where Nick is headed, but he's different... I did like him with Moreno. He's a good addition to the team.

7. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Scheduled to repeat this Wednesday at 10PM. :)