Grade '2,918 Miles'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 12, 2012.

?

How would you grade 2,918 Miles?

1. A+

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. A

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. A-

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. B+

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  5. B

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  6. B-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  10. D+

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

CSI: NY moves back to 9/8c tonight for the third episode of the season. Give it a watch and share your thoughts here! :cool:

2. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Not gonna lie, this episode was extremely far-fetched. EVERYONE IS IN CALIFORNIA NOW BECAUSE OF PAINT AND A MAGICAL PICTURE COMPUTER TOOL THAT CAN ZOOM IN SO FAR AS TO SEE FOG ON A WATCH.

3. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

I liked this episode. Loved the scene with scend where Mac grabbed the guy and hd told him to ease up and Mac says "I'm sorry I'm not from around here." That is the old Mac. I did find it odd that he had no problems remembering things in this ep.

Lovto just moved up in my like column, she's a Mets fan. So that leaves me with this: Why Flack why oh why are you a yankee fan????

All and all good ep, glad that it is back on at 9 made my Friday wonderful. :D

Oh and lookie I've moved to police officer. yay me. lol

4. ~Sunny~

~Sunny~ Witness

Why not? Remember that every TV show can have fictional components. And do you know if there isn't a zoom like that?

BTW, there is no need to yell...

5. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I didn't like it that much. They spent maybe 20 minutes in San Fransico. Would have been better if it was a 2 part thing.

And the story was kinda far-fetched as I said above. Would you really go all the way from California to New York to deliver pictures when you would easily just email them?

I hope we weren't supposed to feel bad for that girl, because I didn't. what kind of 15 year old girl travels from NY all the way to Cali with only $700 to meet up with some 20 year old dude? o_o And then does heroine with him and asks him to beat the shit out of her and take pics to send to her parents? DAFUQ?!

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Another solid episode as far as I'm concerned. Nice team work and the Ellie/Jo scenes were really great. Another B from me.

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I was wondering how Mac could arrest that guy, but I'd forgotten the FBI guy was with them.

Good to see more Jo and Ellie stuff. I would like to see a love interest for Jo...not a big fan of casual flings, but it might not be so bad if he wasn't just a one time char...something tells me we won't see him again though.

I did notice the old enhance button trope...I know they often go beyond what's likely really possible, but by now I just figure it's a CSI thing, all the shows, not just NY.

8. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I did like the episode though but thought that cases that have to do with another city or state that the city PD would handle the second place.

I really liked the Jo/Ellie scenes and it was cute.

Not enough Adam though. :(

The part about Mac not remembering, maybe it didn't happen at the time and I thought maybe it happened off and on. So maybe during this time, it didn't happen.

Not sure about next week's though.

9. Speedslady

I totally agree with the scenes of Jo/Ellie I thought they were sweet.

And I agree not enough Adam, though I have to admit it I'm ready to give the guy a haircut. Maybe it's just me. LOL

10. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I did notice how Mac seemed to lag behind the suspect then suddenly he catches up to him.

I wonder if maybe the shooting he had made him slower.

11. pdegan2814

pdegan2814 Dead on Arrival

The case-related stuff was decent but not great, but the character stuff for Jo was excellent. I've always liked the maturity in the Jo/Ellie relationship. Sure, Ellie's a teenager, and she acts like one, but does so realistically, without being a cliche. I hope we see more of Peter Horton in the future. I like him as an actor, and he's a good match with Sela Ward. And I noticed they had Ellie raise the possibility of moving to San Francisco to be closer to him, possibly as a plot point for the end of the season?

We saw more of the writers' intent for this season to "go home" with our team from time to time, and so far I like it. The days of the pure police procedural are done, we're in an era where character stories matter a lot more than they used to(one of the reasons I really like CSI:NY's companion show Blue Bloods, they have a very strong ensemble of well-written characters).

And can I just talk for a minute about how incredibly beautiful Sela Ward looked in this episode, not to mention the two before it? She's always been attractive, but she's kicked it up a notch this season. That scene at the beginning when she & her date were trying to undress each other was legitimately hot. At first I thought it was just the longer hair(which I'm a big fan of) and some tweaks to her wardrobe. But then I took another look at that last scene when she gets the video call from FBI Guy(whose character name eludes me right now), and compared it to how she looked when she first arrived in Season 7. I think Sela has slimmed down a little bit. Maybe she's just back in "fighting shape" after spending a few years mostly staying home with her family, I dunno. But at 56, she is making Father Time cry uncle. :)

12. Rena

Rena Rookie

That first scene with Jo and her boyfriend was really surprising. I did not expect anything like that and was like "OMG, is that Jo??????" :eek::eek::eek: :lol:

The case was okay. I was wondering, too, about that 15 year old girl who went all the way to California to meet some dude she barely knows, gets heroine and fakes her death to make her parents go looking for her. This is like all the stupid things teenagers could possibly do. I was also wondering why the NYPD was still involved in the case when all missing person cases are with the FBI. Maybe they could stay with the case because of Jo's boyfriend but I would say they would have to submit the case to the Bureau.

Speaking of wondering: It was a little bit confusing to see that guy running like hell through the park and still be followed by a slow Mac who happens to know where to wait for the guy to show up. I think Mac was slower than usual because he couldn't do much of his workout while recovering from his gunshot injury and isn't in such a good shape yet. But he was so much slower than the guy he should have lost sight of him in the park.

I liked the Jo/Ellie scenes very, very much! :) Ellie is such a smart girl.

Overall I give this one a solid B.

13. Speedslady

I also have to say love the ending with Lovato and Flack where she decorated his desk with Mets stuff, thought that was classic. All in all will watch it for a third time. Already watched again on tv.com.