Hawaii Five-0: The next generation

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Dynamo1, Jul 24, 2010.

1. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Thanks! :hugegrin:

2. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Never seen her in a TV role but I do remember her from the movie "Running on Empty".

Christine Lahti Joins the Cast

Hawaii Five-0 Casts Emmy Winner Christine Lahti as McGarrett's mother

3. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

LOVE HER!!!!!!!

4. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Wow that's awesome!
    Chicago Hope was one of those shows I grew up with and probably it was where my medical interest arised:lol:

And I still can't wait to see season 2...

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

So did anyone catch the season premiere? I got about the halfway point but then had to shut it off, to go take a shower. Sad I know, who does that? LOL a person whose muscles say we want a shower lol.

So what did you think of it? btw I mean the premiere lmao.

6. blackflag

I caught it. :)

At about quarter to 11 I was thinking how tame this episode was compared to usual... then the big gunfight started. :lol:

My only problem with it was really that they kinda glossed over Kono. She was rescued, yah, but it was awhile before they told us how that guy knew where she was.

And I have a feeling we're going to see Momma McGarrett again! ;)

Susan

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I hope to catch where I left off online.

I went looking for comments just to see what people thought of the episode, and so many of the comments were speculating why she let him go (there by possibly bringing her back) one main speculation is that McGarrett and Wo-fat (or is it phat, meh) are half brothers lol.

No that wasn't a spoiler, it is speculation based on comments on several sights, based on why she let him go when she (who can shoot) had the perfect shot, and yet let him go.
    They swear that they could see that coming to mark their words lmao.
    Others think she is up to no good with him and that is why she let him go. Also mark their words. :lol:

I need to see that scene...
    I know what you mean, they kill one off, they attempt to kill another, the guy they caught is suddenly broke out (by means of something out of an action adventure movie stunt). Some on those other sites say that with them not putting a little more focus on Kono's situation, etc that they jumped the shark.

I think what turned me off, is the fact that all she did to steve and his sister, and she has the gull to act like nothing happened. And the way that (from what I seen and heard about) she talked to people like she knew everything, or don't speak that way to me... I didn't care for her attitude of being light and funny. I get it, it could be a way for her to cope, but something just didn't mesh. Christine L. is a great actress, but they just wrote her to light in some area's, to over bearing in others, and just too in general.

8. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Everybody is asking why she didn't shoot him...but why didn't he shoot her either? Or at least *try* to? Something is very hinky about the whole situation.

9. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

OMG can't believe it's been so long since I watched H5O O_O

It feels like ages...
    And worst is that I've seen only first season! That I hate most. The wait for next season is irking me

10. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

FOR THE FIRST TIME, A PRIMETIME DRAMA ALLOWS VIEWERS TO CHOOSE THE ENDING OF AN EPISODE IN REAL TIME, ON CBS

"Hawaii Five-0" Viewers Will Be Able to Choose the Culprit by Voting Live on CBS.com or Twitter Monday, Jan. 14

Voting Will Take Place in Real Time during the Broadcasts for Both East/Central and Pacific Time Zones

For the first time in television history, a primetime drama will allow viewers to choose the ending of an episode in real time when CBS's HAWAII FIVE-0 lets fans vote on CBS.com or Twitter during the East and West Coast broadcasts, Monday, Jan. 14, 2013 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

The mystery begins on #H50 when the team must investigate the death of an O'ahu State University professor. His boss, his teaching assistant and a student who he busted for cheating are all viable suspects.

To vote, after each of the suspect's motives is revealed, viewers will be directed to CBS.com or Twitter to select either #theBoss, #theTA or #theStudent as the culprit, any of whom could have committed the crime. The votes will be tallied immediately and the most popular ending will become part of the broadcast. Separate voting will occur for East/Central and Pacific Time Zone broadcasts. The three different endings will all be available at CBS.com after the broadcasts.

"I've always felt the most fun aspect of watching a mystery is trying to figure out 'whodunit,'" says Executive Producer Peter Lenkov. "Now the HAWAII FIVE-0 viewers will actually get the chance to tell us who they think committed the crime and we will listen. I love that our dedicated and attentive fans will actually play a part in resolving our story."

HAWAII FIVE-0 is broadcast Mondays, (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network and is a production of CBS Television Studios. Peter Lenkov, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci are the executive producers.

ON THE EVE OF AN ELECTION, THE GOVERNOR ASKS 5-0 TO DISCREETLY INVESTIGATE THE CASE OF A PROSTITUTE FOUND IN THE BED OF A MISSING CONGRESSMAN, ON "HAWAII FIVE-0," MONDAY, JAN. 21 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

"Hana I Wa 'Ia*" – On the eve of an election, the Governor asks 5-0 to discreetly investigate the murder of a prostitute found in the bed of a missing Congressman. Meanwhile, Danny goes to court to determine if he will get partial custody of Grace on HAWAII FIVE-0, Monday, Jan. 21 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

(*Hana I Wa 'Ia is Hawaiian for "Scandal")

SERIES REGULARS:
    Alex O'Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
    Scott Caan (Danny "Danno" Williams)
    Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)
    Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)
    Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)
    Michelle Borth (Catherine Rollins)

RECURRING CAST:
    Brian Yang (Charlie Fong)
    Mark Dacascos (Wo Fat)
    Richard T. Jones (Governor Sam Denning)

GUEST CAST:
    Stephanie Jacobsen (Amy Davidson)
    Robbie Jones (Josh Lowry)
    Alicia Ziegler (Mollie Bennett)
    Patrick Fischler (Ryan Webb)
    Greg Wrangler (Brad Powers)
    Wiley Pickett (Congressman Chris Freed)
    Skyler Kamaka (Waitress)
    Joy Minaai (Judge)
    Percival D. Scott III (Attorney)
    Melissa Puana-Martin (Assistant)
    Keali-i Reichel (Hunter)

WRITTEN BY: Mike Schaub
    DIRECTED BY: Larry Teng

11. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

OMG that's an awesome option!
    I wish I could join it.
    But my timezone doesn't fancy this option.

But I'm finally watching season 2 and grinning at Danno's rants and quirks and being amused by Steve's shenanigans LOL

12. blackflag

13. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

That doesn't look good...so what happens to CSI: NY repeats? The writing may be on the wall already that its done with that news. :wtf:

14. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

ALOHA! "THE TALK" CO-HOST AISHA TYLER TO GUEST STAR ON CBS's HIT DRAMA "HAWAII: FIVE-0"

THIS JUST IN...From CBS Daytime

Tyler Surprised with Announcement From "Five-0" Star Daniel Dae Kim on "The Talk," Friday, Jan. 18

It was announced today on THE TALK co-host Aisha Tyler will appear as a special guest star CBS’s hit series HAWAII FIVE-0, airing later this season. THE TALK co-hosts surprised Aisha with a special video message from "Five-0" star Daniel Dae Kim, who said: "A little birdy just told me that the fabulous Aisha Tyler is going to be a guest star on our show. Once I heard that, I knew I had to say hello to everybody, and welcome you personally to the show. Here on the island, we welcome our guests with an aloha and a lei!"

Aisha's debut appearance on HAWAII FIVE-0 will air later this season. Further details will be announced at a later date. HAWAII FIVE-0 is broadcast Mondays, (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network and is a production of CBS Television Studios. Peter Lenkov, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci are the executive producers.

15. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

"HAWAII FIVE-0" UPDATES A FAVORITE EPISODE, "HOOKMAN," FROM THE ORIGINAL SERIES

FIVE-0 INVESTIGATES WHEN A MYSTERIOUS MAN TARGETS SELECT POLICE OFFICERS FOR REVENGE AND McGARRETT IS NEXT ON HIS HIT LIST, ON "HAWAII FIVE-0," MONDAY, FEB. 4

Locations From the Original To Be Used In This New Episode, Directed By and Guest Starring Peter Weller ("RoboCop"), Max Weinberg ("E Street Band") and Charlie Murphy ("The Dave Chappelle Show") Also Guest Star

Hookman – Five-0 investigates when a mysterious man targets select police officers for revenge and McGarrett is the next on his hit list, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Monday, Feb. 4 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

"Hookman," the original series' season six Emmy Award-winning premiere episode (original airdate Sept. 11, 1973), centered around a double amputee out to avenge the loss of his hands by killing the police officers responsible, including McGarrett. In the updated version, McGarrett's father was one of the officers responsible for his maiming.

Peter Weller ("RoboCop") guest stars as the lead villain as well as directs this production. Jason Koger, a double upper amputee, will be stand in for Weller in close-ups of his prosthetic hands. In the original production, Jay J. Armes portrayed the lead villain and was a double amputee himself.

SERIES REGULARS:
    Alex O'Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
    Scott Caan (Danny "Danno" Williams)
    Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)
    Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)
    Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)
    Michelle Borth (Catherine Rollins)

RECURRING CAST:
    Brian Fong (Charlie Fong)
    Dennis Chun (Sgt. Duke Lukela)
    Richard T. Jones (Governor Sam Denning)
    William Sadler (John McGarrett)

GUEST CAST:
    Peter Weller (Hookman/Curt Stoner)
    Norman Compton (HPD Officer Troy Ookala)
    Charlie Murphy (Don McKinney)
    Max Weinberg (Norm)
    Grant Patrick Moniz (Ben Keoki)
    Terry Plunkett (Proprietor)

TELEPLAY BY: Joe Halpin
    STORY BY: Glen Olsen and Rod Baker
    DIRECTED BY: Peter Weller