Season 13 Spoiler Lab Discussion Part 1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by vegaslights, May 9, 2012.

1. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

It's part of Nick's character that he was first a trained cop, before becoming a CSI, hence he knows what to do as he's been trained, so not out of the ordinary for him.

I, also, know how you all complain about how you want a Gregcentric episodes that doesn't involve old Vegas.

And she was complaining about the writers not coming up something new for him. I mean, that can't have a Gregcentric episodes that doesn't involve Old Vegas? Give Eric something else to work with?

Yes, it's old Vegas and yes, Greg should be involved, but come up with something different for the guy.

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

With all due respect to Greg fans, Nick has done a lot more than breaking down doors and running around with guns. Nick has been in danger several times, has rescued a few kids, has led a coup d'etat against Catherine, and broken several cases. So, I think he's done more than that.

Greg has too, let's not forget. It's always been a challenge with CSI to give other characters major story lines especially when the writers were so hyper-focused on the main characters, at least the two leading stars of the show. It's rather frustrating for everyone who favoured other characters such as Nick and Greg. Jorja Fox's screen time came courtesy of her character's relationship with Grissom, fortunately for her fans. Although I think the character has done well without Grissom only because Jorja is a good actress.

It's a real negative point for CSI's writers. They have never been all the keen to flush out the other characters and I'm not sure why. I'm also in the camp that felt the show never needed big name stars to lead the show when they had perfectly great actors to take over once Billy Petersen left. That's just my opinion.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  3. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

I agree that the writers need to think up something new for Greg but I'm also a big fan of the Old Vegas episodes so I'll take what I can get. Besides, we still got a good one last year with "Genetic Disorder" even if it was a last-minute alteration.

Saying that I think this case sounds more interesting than AKBF, definitely if they focus mostly on the case with Greg's woes supporting it. The big problem with AKBF was it focused too much on Greg/Ellen and the story wasn't good enough.

As for the Nick busting down doors thing, whereas he's trained to be a cop he still works as a crime scene investigator so I don't want to see him, or any of other CSIs for that matter, doing a cop's job. That's Brass' job (and he needs the screentime ;)).

4. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

I don't know what you read but I never doubted that Greg is interested in Vegas history stuff... or that he knows his stuff about it.

All I said was that every Greg centered episode seems to be about old Vegas and a woman he had or has a relationship with.

I never insulted the guy in any way... all I said is that the writers somehow always seem to end up with old Vegas stuff for him when an episode is focused on him. Aren't we all interested in getting new stuff for our favorites? I thought we all want to get to know our characters more and more.

If you don't want new stuff for Greg than that's fine for me but I would like to know more about the characters than what we already know.

Just because my forum name is 'NickyFan' and not 'GreggoFan' there is no need to put words in my mouth. I think things like this are one of the causes why no one ever wants to post here anymore.

I agree that everyone should get his time to shine now and then but I don't think it's right to not give Nick a storyline just because he had a big part during the Langston years. That was more than two years ago... let's move on ;)

I read somewhere that no every actor of our cast wanted to work with Fish, so it's not right to hold it against George or his character that he worked with Fish that much back then.

But why do I even bother to post here again... people will only misinterpret it again.

5. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

I think everyone should have a centric in the season ! This year we know several characters will have their centric : Finn (the resolution of Seattle case), Greg (the old Vegas episode), Nick (involving Warrick's son and Tina's case), Sara may have an episode with her mother and she will have GSR this year, DB (the season premiere and he will interact with other characters in every episode), we know we may meet Morgan's mother and they're going to explore her relationship with Ecklie deeper... The only one I really want a centric is Brass ! They should bring Ellie back for one episode, it may be interesting !

6. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

I don't think anybody's having a go at you NickyFan. You rightly pointed out that Greg appears to get a lot of Old Vegas stuff and I agree that there are elements similar to A Kiss Before Frying. But Dizzney is also right in saying that it's true to his character and pointing out there are differences between this and AKBF. Likewise I also agree to an extent with Dizzney's assessment of Nick but I don't see how it relates to the spoilers at all or what you originally posted.

I'm going to put it out there and ask if there's any animosity between Nick fans and Greg fans? (Not just on this forum I'd like to add as well.) Just saying every time things get discussed between the two everybody takes things so personally. There's a big difference between character bashing and character criticism and it seems a lot of the time if there's any criticism towards a character, one side will bite back or say something like "I'm never going to post again" which is bad because a) it creates unneeded tension and the forum and b) because it kills discussion.

If you're really passionate about your character, accept the criticism, counter argue but don't take things personally (and certainly don't take it out on other people). Sorry, wildly off topic but it's something I've seen in the past and it really winds me up.

7. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I wouldn't say it's something between fans in general. Probably more between specific people. And it's correct to say that things shouldn't get personal here. Everyone is free to express their opinion, but no one should be criticized for that...on either "side". Let's be adults and play nice...again, on both "sides".

8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I suspect it was more about George's contract. Marg was on her way out and wanted less time; Jorja was back but wanted less time; and George was more or less the co-lead during those years.
    I know as fans we want to argue/defend the importance of our favorite and their screen time, but in reality it's more about money and contract negotiations.

9. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

A promo finally

It's on CBS though

10. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I love that Greg is getting another centric episode. I really like the old Vegas stuff, its suits him but I also would like to see something different for Greg. Something other than his getting his ass kicked or his heart broken. But I'll take what I can get.

11. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

maybe some should consider that actually the actors have some input as well in the storytelling.so to speak, may include the process of a storyline not only a writer's vision but also it needs a opinion from the actor.for instance the gsr thing, i can't imagine that peterson and fox had no vote/veto regarding the pace and circumstances of the process.second, obviously peterson wasn't the best example of supporting the spin off(s).now do you guys really believe that marg was the first choice to introduce miami?
    i can go on and on , my point is that greg development does not depends only on the writer's.yes, they potrayed him as an old vegas nerd, but that doesn't mean that their out of ideas, or maybe petty minded.grissom was into bugs, did somebody complained that he should brighten his horizon and learn more about horses?

12. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

CBS has sent out the press release saying "Karma to Burn" and the spoiler pics saying "Karma to Burn" yet the title could possibly still change. Anybody confused yet? :confused:

CSI Episode Title Vote

Think I like "Karma to Burn" best. :)

Susan

13. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I do too

14. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I mentioned on Twitter when the "Karma to Burn" title first surfaced (back in July) that the title could likely change. CBS was not sure if they were going to hold the contest for the premiere, or a subsequent episode. Seems they waited till the last minute to make the decision.

15. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Just a quick question but has it been mentioned who is writing/directing episodes 1302 - 1304?