London Olympics 2012

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

So first official day, anyone following?

I think opening ceremony was nice, even I did go to sleep after my country appeared on stage. But yay for The Queen! Yay for 007! (oh it was so great insert) and mega yay for Mr. Bean! And not to forget Kenneth Branagh, man has been acting a lot but I bet never to such a big audience!

2. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I thought parts of it was boring actually. I did like the bond/queen part. I have it recorded so I haven't watched the rest of it.

3. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I loved the Opening Ceremonies. Everything was British. Well done. I particularly loved the smelting of the Olympic Rings but I think the best was the 7 young athletes who lite the Olympic Flame in the stadium. Marvelous!

Go Canada Go!

4. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

Mr. Bean was the best part of the opening ceremony for me. I haven't watched much else yet, but I will watch women's gymnastics and some swimming.

5. lal

lal Pathologist

Hi i like the opening ceremony :) i have been watching the swimming and equestrian events :)

6. Ducky

I've watched mostly swimming. Archery and shooting are very exciting. Sailing when there's race where are Finns aand.. now I am watcing handball. I also watched badminton of Finnish players. And oh today's tennis. Finnish Nieminen vs Andy Murray - dear lord how bad Jarkko was.

Judo I've also watched quite a lot. It's entertaining. Football they haven't shown much (or the show the games at night) and with men, I don't like the fact that there's no the best players of the countries.

As for swmming. Kind of sad when the young chinese woman (or girl) was incredible and then US coach just starts talk about them using doping. If the test hasn't been positive, they should just keep their mouth shut. Even I doubt if they are clean, but unless they are caught, there's no reason to start to speculate with that. What if someone said that 4yrs ago when Phelps was incredible and won everything?

7. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I love the Olympics, but I hate getting spoiled about events I watch in primetime. :scream: I would totally have to not get online. I can turn the volume down when I'm listening to the radio at work when I know they'll do an update report. Swimming, diving, beach & indoor volleyball, tennis, gymnastics and track & field are my faves to watch. :)

8. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I have only really watched swimming and gymnastics. They are really the only sports I enjoy.

9. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

You should expand your horizons, mrsjrewing! I've even watched some equestrian events and fencing, and enjoyed it.

10. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I might. I am giving beach volleyball a try, but I am having hard time figuring out the rules. LOL

11. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Beach has the same rules as indoor, just with less people and even lesser clothes. :lol: I really hope Misty & Kerri can three-peat their win.

12. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Haven't been into the Olympics, believe it or not. I did watch some swimming for the men's and that's kinda all I care about. :lol:

Those hot looking guys... oh sorry. :lol:

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Watching South Africa's Oscar Pistorius was truly inspiring.

14. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I saw that last night as well. I was so inspired by him. He is truly amazing. I am glad that was story that was covered. I think kids with physical limitations could really learn from that story. As someone with Cerebral Palsy I really sat watching him and thinking I needed to get with it.

15. Ducky

I don't understand what's the bitching about.. they try to say he has advance because of fake legs but umm..doesn't his tights get tired like normally? I'd think so...

...and I hope he cannot be part of paraolympics now that he races in "normal" olympics.

IMHO judo is also entertaining, all the fast games are. The stuff with horses.. umm no. If I am bored, maybe then.

And I even watched tennis. I cannot believe Murray beat Federer so easily!

But now track&field has started so during the evenings, I pretty much watch that... I was so pissed, when a Finn got to final in men's 3000m steeplechase and he had injured his leg in qualification and again in final and had to quit around 2000m. That final was so for him, very slow.