Season 12 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Solitaire, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

That was a great epi. Well done. I also didnt think it would be Vega.
    I am really enjoying this season so far. Ted is a great addition and the whole cast seem to be getting good and equal screentime. Very impressed.

2. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

I have to agree Solitaire. I was wary about a new addition to the team. I thought Langston added something different to the mix and I really enjoyed the show with him in it. But first impressions of this latest season are that DB has improved the show even more and its a good sign that it hasnt taken him long to settle in and become established. Which is testament to Ted Danson and the writers.

Whether my opinions change when Catherine leaves I don't know, but so far so good.

I enjoyed the episode with the link up with the FBI tracking the gun runners, mainly for the interplay between CSI and FBI when theypaired off with the agents.

And as already mentioned its really good to see characters getting good screen time each episode.

3. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I know what you mean about the Catherine thing. Not long to go now. It will be weird without her,
    I absolutely loved the last episode. It was great seeing a story for Doc, and meeting his wife. Brass seemed a bit bolshy, but I could see that it was his past that was clouding his judgement.
    I didnt realise this epi would be so Greg heavy! He is my favourite character, so extra screentime for him is always welcome, but I think he did really well with the part. I have recently been doing my own family history, so it struck a chord with me. Unlike those characters, I dont seem to have anyone famous in my family!
    I have read that it was originally Nick who had Greg's part, but George couldnt be in the epi because of a family emergency, so they had to hastily redo it. The writers did an excellent job, because it totally fit Greg's character, and he didnt seem like a replacement at all. I love finding out about Grandpa Olaf!
    For me, this was one of the best episodes of the past few years.

4. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

Just watched the doc episode. Another really good one. What I'm liking about this season is that by giving characters longer time in episodes that its making it seem more human (if that makes sense). The characters and their quirks and personalities are (imo) coming more to the front in this season. Really enjoying it so far.

5. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

Catherines exit episode was fantastic, very well done in my opinion and was a really great way to see off a character. The speech was very moving and I arent ashamed to say I was filling up. That's a sign of a great character and how engrained she has become. Brilliant episode. As a side note db has fast become a very good character.

6. makkem

makkem Hit and Run

Au Revoir Catherine, gonna be missed.

7. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I agree, it was a good exit. Catherine was never one of my favourites, but I always liked the character, and I will miss her. I think they handled the exit well, although I would have liked it if she and Vartann had gotten back together.

DB has become a very good character in a short space of time. Good writing, and good acting from Ted. He is quirky, but not too quirky and the writers seemed to have learnt there lesson from the Ray problem, and not given DB too much screentime.

Last nights episode seemed more like a Criminal Minds epi than a csi epi to me. Very creepy, I didnt guess the culprit and I was suprised they killed of the girl after DBs assurances to her, but I liked the twists.

8. makkem

makkem Hit and Run

Elizabeth Shue looks like she's gonna fit in well

9. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

Just caught up on the 2 episodes following Catherine leaving. The episode introducing Elisabeth Shue was a good one, not necessarily for the story but more so that she seemed to fit in well and she came across as a good character. I like the fact theres a bit of history between her and db, that also added to it too.

10. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Yes, it was a decent episode. Im liking the character so far. I am hoping though that it doesnt become too much about her and DB.
    The epi about the guy cutting the girls hair the other week was very strange. More like Criminal Minds than CSI. And Brass is being very grumpy this season!

11. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

FAIL!
    When I was hoping to finally see season 12 they jumped back to same Justin Bieber episode/season:brickwall::scream:

Though I haven't lost my hopes completely...

12. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

Got to say the last episode I watched was a weak one, the gossiping kid who fell off the bridge after a frat party. In fact has their ever been a decent episode (in any of the franchises) that involves either a frat party or a made up famous actor/actress? I can't think of one.

13. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

I think there had been handful of them.
    I remember Miami's season 6 beginning episode (that episode title still seems too alien for me to type up) with that made up celebrity, who Ryan had to guard.
    And I know some more had happened to all three shows, just can't put a finger on it.