Grade 'Near Death'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 11, 2012.

?

How would you grade Near Death?

1. A+

13 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. A

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  3. A-

6 vote(s)
    14.0%
  4. B+

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  5. B

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  6. B-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  12. D-

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  13. F

6 vote(s)
    14.0%
  1. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Me neither. I suspect no one except Claire, Christine, and Stan Whitney know about his middle name being 'Llwellyn'. Maybe Don.

2. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Come to think of it, I kinda think that maybe Don and Stella knew because in the 7th season episode, Adam called Jo, Josephine after she freaked him out.

3. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

But how would that indicate that Stella would have known Mac's middle name? Knowing what someone's full first name is isn't exactly hard to figure out especially if you essentially work for said person (particularly since 'Jo' is very rarely, if ever, used as-is for a girl's name). But a middle name? No. I thoroughly dislike my middle name and I guarantee only the barest handful of people in my life know what it is. Plus, it's not a question most adults bother themselves with. I've never found out the middle names of my partners at work except one. Stan probably found out by accident one day, and like Christine said, gave Mac a merciless hard time about it from that point forward. But with Stan clearly having died long before 9/11 and most likely before Mac made detective, I see no reason for anyone else to have found out simply because of their work relationship to him. Even Flack, tbh, as close as those two are. I have a suspicion that 'Llewyen' caused Mac a bit of grief from anyone who found out about it since here in the US it kinda sounds like a girl's name if one doesn't know it's Welsh, and I'm sure he kept it a closely guarded secret :lol: Quite honestly, Peyton is the only other person besides Claire, Stan and Christine that I can see knowing that information about Mac since they were in an actual relationship for about a year and a half.

4. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I just assumed that since Adam was able to find out some information on Jo, that maybe it's in his file. Unless, he has the middle name initialed.

5. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I agree. I only said 'maybe' Don, but tbh if Don knew about it I can definitely see him teasing Mac as relentlessly as Stan did. :):lol:

And you're exactly right about how middle names aren't something adults tend to bother with, out of all the people I know, I only know my dad's and granddad's and one of my friends from childhood's middle names, and all those I found out when I was a kid. I don't know the middle names of anyone I work with, except one, and she actually uses her middle name as her first name. It's just not something that I feel I need to know about the people I know.

Hehehehe, Llwellyn. Oh, Mac. :adore::lol:

6. Rena

Rena Rookie

Well, I don't know how it is handled in the United States but here in Germany your full name has to be on every single official document such as driver's licence, ID, student's ID, health insurance card etc. A friend of mine has two middle names, so three forenames in total, and her university's e-mail adress contains all three of them plus surname :lol: But then I just know a few middle names because most people don't introduce themselves with their "full" names. But since Stella was not only his friend but also second in charge she might acutally know his name. It's not that unlikely.

Oh, and they went to Greece together, or came back home together after Mac followed her to Greece, so maybe she saw the name on his passport?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  7. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

A- from me. I enjoyed the epi. Butits was a little strange, and I wasnt fussed on the ending, which is why it didnt get top marks.