Fan-Favourite CSI:Miami Moment - Competition & Voting

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 27, 2012.

?

Vote for Your Favourite Moment!

Poll closed Jun 14, 2012.
  1. Season 10: Countermeasures - Horatio's pain.

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  2. Season 9: Fallen -The team meets Walter for some basketball.

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  3. Season 9: Happy Birthday - Horatio visits Marisol's grave.

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  4. Season 8: Miami, We Have a Problem - Jesse & Walter recreate crime scene in Space.

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. Season 8: All Fall Down - The team succumbs to gas.

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  6. Season 7: Collateral Damage - Grenade falls out of victim's pant leg.

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  7. Season 7: Wrecking Crew - Fearful Ryan in crane.

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  8. Season 6: Rock and a Hard Place - Alexx's last moments at the lab.

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  9. Season 6: To Kill a Predator - Horatio implied beatdown of pedophile.

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  10. Season 6: Bang, Bang, Your Debt - Eric visits Speed's grave.

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  11. Season 5: Finale end scene.

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  12. Season 5: Rio - Horatio praying by Christ the Redeemer.

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  13. Season 4: Urban Hellraisers - Horatio guns down shooter during lab raid.

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  14. Season 4: Nailed - Eric arrives to save injured Ryan.

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  15. Season 4: Under Suspicion - Calleigh swabs detained Horatio's hands.

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  16. Seaspn 3: Under the Influence - Sacrificial sandwich.

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  17. Season 3: Lost Son - Speedle's death.

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  18. Season 2: Rap Sheet - Alexx discovers victim actually alive.

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  19. Season 2: Blood Brothers - Eric and Speed on the barge.

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  20. Season 2: Blood Brothers - Horatio forced to apologize to Clavo Cruz.

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  21. Season 3: Blood Moon - Horatio and Eric rescue drowning Cuban refugees.

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  22. Season 2: MIA/NYC Nonstop - We see New York for the first time

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  23. Season 2: Innocent - Entire team walks down beach.

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  24. Season 1: Evidence of Things Unseen - Speed takes candid photos of peep show girls.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  25. Season 1: Golden Parachute - Horatio & Eric travel to crime scene via airboat (including one-liner).

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  26. Any Season: Horatio shoots a perp.

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Surely the forum will start to go quieter now that CSI:Miami has been cancelled, but that doesn't mean we can't still discuss the show, so I figured I'd start sort of a 'favourite moment' competition. Hopefully it'll garner some interest, and I encourage everyone to contribute. :D I realize our favourite moments are somewhat subjective in nature, but I'm sure there's some overlap between like-minded fans so let's give it a shot.

Here's how it'll work:

1) Nominate your favourite CSI:Miami moment from any point in the series. You can nominate more than one, considering how long the show ran. But let's start with maybe 5, maximum.

**If possible, please include the season and/or episode title along with your favourite moments so we can keep track and hopefully jog some memories in the process. It could be difficult to vote unless we know what's being referenced.**

ETA: You'll have until 9pm (MST) Sunday, June 3rd to nominate your favourite moment(s) before the poll goes up. Once the poll goes up, those are the official nominations.

2) I'll tabulate all of the nominations and add a poll to the thread where everyone can narrow down a top 10 through votes (hopefully we'll get more than 10 suggestions). I'll leave the poll up for one week, so feel free to discuss the nominations.

3) Once the top 10 are chosen, I'll start a new thread with a new poll (since we can't add multiple polls on vBulletin) to narrow down the top 5 fan-favourite moments.

4) A number one fan-favourite moment for CSI:Miami is chosen. Not sure how long I'll leave up the last stage of voting, so it'll be based on how active the competition is.

It's sort of similar to what various other media outlets do, but we've never really had a Miami forum-specific poll for members here (and we all have an opinion on what should win off-board--I've seen it. :p)

I have to stress that it's encouraged we reflect back to our favourite moments, get all nostalgic, and have fun! :cool:

Oh, and vote, vote, vote!

------------------

I'll start off the nominations with one suggestion (I may come back with more later):

~Alexx discovers that the victim in the morgue drawer is really alive. Season 2, 'Rap Sheet'.

I thought it was a really cool scene, and freaky at that! Though the first time I saw this episode, I was staying at a hotel where there was a thunderstorm overhead and the power went out right when Alexx was about to open the drawer. :lol: I'll probably always remember that scene.

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  2. Anni Grey

Anni Grey Coroner

Excellent nomination, Finch!

My nominations run across the board

(1) Season 1, Evidence of Things Unseen : Speedle takes candid photographs of the peep show girl. This one was just awesome, only because we get to see Speed goofing off!

(2) Season 2, Blood Brothers: Speed and Eric on the trash barge. LOVED this scene because it just shows how close these two are. As a matter of fact, their relationship continues to grow in season two to where they're always ribbing on each other!

(3) Season 4, Urban Hellraisers: Horatio guns down the shooter in the raid of the lab. No ONE can tell me that this wasn't a kick ass shot of Horatio. I will forever remember how awed I was to see that shot panning up to Horatio's face.

(4) Season 6, To Kill a Predator: Horatio issues an unseen beatdown of the skeevy predator dude. Again,a Kick ass moment from our beloved red head!

(5) Season 6, Rock in a Hard Place: Alexx's last moments in the morgue. As sad as this was, I loved the look of nostalgia when Alexx was going through her last moments in the morgue. There were so many memories that didn't even have to make it on screen, but we knew she was reliving them all. Saddest, yet the scene that resonates with me the most.

Now, there are FAR more that I can go with...sadly there's a five max rule. But I'm going to slip one in there* coughbangbangyourdebtcough* Sorry...just had to do it:D

Excellent idea!

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I love this idea but there are way too many favorite/memorable moments for me :eek:.
    I'd love to be able to narrow it down to 'fan-favorite [insert character name here] moment' and/or 'fan-favorite team moment', etc.

4. Finch

We could probably see how this topic goes and maybe narrow it down further if there's enough interest. No problems with that. But there's no harm in offering some suggestions here anyhow; it doesn't have to be generalized nor does it have to be specific to any character, though obviously many people's favourite moments involved individual characters so it's hard to separate it completely. We're at a starting point, at any rate. If there's a lot of interest in narrowing down topics (fan-favourite seasons, episodes, character or team moments, guest stars etc.) definitely post here and let me know.

I do remember this one as one of the more iconic visuals of Horatio throughout the series (after him putting on his shades). As much as I have qualms with the storylines, the cinematography and art direction was great. :D

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  5. Brianna17

Brianna17 Dead on Arrival

I love the idea of this thread! Its a great way to remember all the great times on the show!

There are so many great moments that i love and I want to pick some good ones so I'll only post one for now and I may come back with more later.

Season 7 Collateral Damage. When the grenande falls out of the guys pant leg and it goes in slow motion. I don't know why but I really like that moment. That is also when Ryan finds out about Tara's drug abuse.

6. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

As strange as it may sound for an Eric&Calleigh shipper, I actually like season 5 finale. I know this scene by heart. I for one enjoyed Jake/Cal/Eric triangle(until some point) and that kiss scene was very intense, I could feel eric's pain. Plus I liked that girlie smile on Natalia's lips when she came to help Ryan sort these stuff out. Alexx acting was also excellent in that ending.
    Horatio's on the roof was a little over the top for my liking, but it didn't spoil this finale, it actually fit there.
    Plus this great song by Aqualung.

7. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Awesome idea!
    Though I doubt I'd be very detailed here because usually my attention throughout episodes are far too occupied by certain character *cough*Ryan*cough*

But I'll try to recall some of my favourite moments...

1) Season 3, Under The Influence: Ryan, Calleigh and something about sacrificing sandwich to alligator....

2) Season 4, Nailed: Well obviously when Eric arrived to save Ryan and their trip to hospital.

3) Season 7, Wrecking Crew: Of course, when Ryan was up in that crane, freaking out and trying to hide it. Really cute LOL

4) Season 8, They All Fall Down: When they all fell down. Ryan's eyeroll was mega creepy LOL

5) Season 10, Blown Away: Needless to say but I'll do it anyways...
    When team was looking for Ryan. That concern in Eric and H's voices, worry about their missing partner... It was something I've been missing for a good while. And of course finding Ryan.

Well there're plenty more and couple more I'd add but since only 5 are up...

Anyway, if allowed, I can add few more later...

8. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

(1) Season 1, "Golden Parachute" - The first scene ever. Horatio and Eric going out into the glades on the airboat. And Horatio's first one-liner. :)

(2) Season 3, "Lost Son" - When Speedle dies. If you think David Caruso is a bad actor then you need to go back and watch this scene, one of the scenes in the show that show the true acting power of David Caruso.

(3) Season 5, "Rio" - Horatio praying in front of the Christ the Redeemer statue was just beautiful and epic at the same time.

(4) Season 9, "Fallen" - The ending scene where the whole team greets Walter at the basketball court and they all start playing. One of those nice team moments.

(5) Season 10, "Countermeasures" - Basically the whole episode was awesome. Horatio was really in pain and you could tell that David really go into character in this episode. One of the best Horatio-sentric episodes ever.

There are plenty of other GREAT moments that I could list. CSI: Miami was a great show and I think every single episode had it's great moments. :thumbsup:

9. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

Finch, it's a great idea!:thumbsup: I'm absolutely in!

1. "Under suspicion" seson 4 episode 6
    Horatio & Calleigh. When H was detained after Resden set him up. And Calleigh took a swab from his hands.
    The first of my most favorite scenes ever.

2. "Blood moon" season 2 episode 12
    Eric and Horatio on the beach when they drew two cuban immigrants out of the water
    My second the most favorite scene ever.

3. "Blood brothers" season 2 episode 1
    When H was forced to apologize to Cruz brothers

4. "Happy birthday" season 9 episode 9
    final scene Horatio in the cemetery sitting next to Marisol's grave.

5. "H shoots a perp scene":devil:
    there're a lot of such scenes, for example:
    "Urban hellraisers"
    "A few dead men" season 10 episode 9 (H shoots one of the ex-cons)
    "Man down" season 5 episode 15 - (H shoots Calvo)
    "Caged" season 9 episode 19 (H shoots martial art fighter)
    etc
    It doesn't matter for me what scene exactly will be chosen for poll.

P.S. I think the mjszud's idea about 'fan-favorite [insert character name here] moment' is really good.
    Cuz 5 it's so little even for one character

Who says so?!:devil:

10. Finch

Any more favourite moments before the poll goes up? You have about 4 hours left to get your nominations in.

I'll put in a few more of mine:

Season 6, 'Bang, Bang, Your Debt' when Eric visits Speed's grave near the end of the episode.

Season 2, 'MIA/NYC' Nonstop' when we see New York for the first time during the crossover.

Season 2, 'Innocent' the last slow motion scene of the finale with the entire team walking across the beach.

11. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Oh I can add that scene from season 8 when Walter and Jesse were in that plane in space reconstructing crime scene. Unfortunately forgot the title of the episode.

12. Finch

Okay, I added the suggestions to the poll. Note, some of the descriptions may be a tad vague due to character limitations in the poll (I went over by about 25 the first time around). Hopefully fans can recognize the majority, if not, they should be listed in this thread in more detail.

The poll should close on June 13th, 2012 which gives everyone a week to vote. Also, you are allowed multiple votes.

Please take advantage and vote for your favourite moments so we can narrow down a top 10. :)

13. Anni Grey

Anni Grey Coroner

I did my duty as a staunch CSI: Miami Lover! Not surprisingly, there were an awful lot of Speed moments, Horatio's bad-a$$ery moments, and of course, moments with just the team. There's just so much to go on...this was hard, yet very fun!

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I should have come here earlier to put in my choice for "Curse of the Coffin". That episode had several great scenes as well as wonderful team interaction.
    Ryan and Eric in the cemetery as well as Ryan in the morgue were just 2 of the great scenes.

15. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

While there were many great moments to chose from here, I am sorry that I missed the creation of this poll.

I would have entered 2 other things that I feel were not only great moments, but defined Horatio and CSI Miami in the early years.

They are: 1) 2nd season "witness to murder" for the relationship between Horatio and Eugene that showed caring and strength anger and love, forensics and action. The tie scene, the hospital scene and the last scene were all incredible.

The 2nd thing are all the moments between Horatio and young children in harms way or just needing protection/help. Examples are Amy in Recoil and especially the low five scene, Stevie in Pro Per and how H handles and protects him. Then Danny in Collision where we learn of H's abusive father who killed his mother and H tells Danny that he will be right there any time he needs to talk.