NCIS #4: *Slap* Nobody Likes A Smartass

Discussion in 'NCIS & NCIS: LA' started by Destiny, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

It never stops amazing me when "they" are trying to make money as much as possible and the shove these games to the markets and they don't even bother to make those good. They just shove whatever crap together and nothing really matters once you get their money.

I liked the first CSI game and played the 2nd game too and now ordered one with LF in the cover, since one website sold it for 1€

Besides shows like NCIS, I serously don't know how they think they could do a good, interesting game about it.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I love all the CSI games for the most part. I hate putting pieces of evidence together like broken pieces and shredded papers, but the games don't bother me... but this NCIS game was just not good at all.

3. GregNickRyanFan

Loved Palmer asking Abby to be his "best woman". Her reaction was so cute.

4. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

It was so unexpected, yet logical once I thought about it.

I find myself enjoying the chemistry between Gibbs and Dr. Ryan. MH and JLC are such good actors that they make it work. It's nice seeing a current series in which both people chronologically share similar life experiences.

Did anyone else think "Huh???" when the action in Colombia jumped from, effectively, "Okay, let's find the chaplain" to big explosions on the feed, followed by the agents walking out with her. How did they know where to look, etc.? Kind of disjointed. But I guess I'm just used to being an "insider" when the NCIS agents plan and effect a rescue...:lol:

5. GregNickRyanFan

Tony: Those ladies got me through puberty.
    Ziva: You have been through puberty? I had not noticed. :guffaw:

6. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Good episode last night. I also enjoy the episodes that show Tony in a more serious light. Behind the clown,there is someone who is just as deticated and compassionate as Gibbs is.

7. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

It was bit.. rushed. Perhaps they noticed that the time is out ;) But I think it was nice episode, and I so knew Jimmy will ask Abby. Oh I so knew it!

Oh JLC. She's just so great. Even tho I cannot stop myself thinking of 'Freaky Friday' everytime I see JLC and MH together :lol: :lol: :lol:

About MH, we have one channel that seems to love to show 80s series - I accidentally came across Goliath Awaits (1981) - on dear MH with dark hair..and that moustache! :lol::lol:

8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

May I just say in a rare moment I got to watch this (rare meaning that baseball was on earlier lol) and that was the coolist and cruelist way to end the season. And dear Ducky they did that scene so beautifully.

But my thought that came to mind is this, what is with blowing people up, I mean really wouldn't a nice calm wedding (as abby was worried and sad about missing) have just been a nice touch. These poor characters better have very good medical insurance lol. :lol:

And Palmer, his idea and calling them family now thats the palmer we know and love. He has grown so much over the years. His soon to be wife seems cute in a non-perky way and sincere... *unless I don't know something* (as stated when Baseball is on forget I don't get the tv) But its just saddening what he has to come back to. :(

Hopefully I will soon get the tv as I hope to have the second one ready soon, I just need to get the equipment for it. Then I can just watch all the repeats. Which I don't mind because everytime you rewatch an episode (20-30 times) you almost always see something you didn't catch or forgot about the previous times, or your were interruped during. :D

9. Destiny

Tv.com (Season 9, Ep 24)

TRIVIA: Richard Schiff and Sheila Kelley playing Harper Dearing and his ex-wife, respectively, are married in real life. They have been married since 1996 and have two children together.

Tony: (Sour grapes, after missing Jimmy's wedding:) Who likes weddings, anyway? Weird uncles with inappropriate toasts...
    Ziva: Rubber chicken enhanced with cheap wine...
    Tony: Cheesy music and children... rental tuxedos...
    Ziva: Bouquets, the garter, the cake... and fittings...!
    Tony: (Wistfully) The vows...
    Ziva: (glancing at Tony) ...the ring...
    Tony: (stealing a glance at Ziva) ...the kiss...
    Ziva: (smiling) The ketubah.
    Tony: I don't know what I'd do if I had to deal with all of that.
    Ziva: Elope?
    Gibbs: Yeah, well, worked for me.

Vance: I got a thousand agents worldwide willing to take a bullet for me.
    Gibbs: Yeah. And?
    Vance: And I can't protect them from one lone, deranged father.
    Gibbs: Hey, Leon, if it makes you feel any better, I wouldn't take a bullet for you.

10. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

The main difference between Diretor Leon Vance and Director Jenny Shepard: if he'd had he the opportunity, Gibbs would have taken a bullet for her.

11. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

I may be in the minority that likes Gibbs and Dr. Ryan. My first thoughts, when she mentioned her evil ex-husband getting out of prison, were twofold:

Gibbs: Uhm, I can take care of that problem for you.
    or
    Gibbs: I know a recently unemployed detective in Miami who really hates men who abuse women; he would be more than happy to make that problem disappear. (I like mixing mythologies :lol:)

12. Destiny

Reminder Season Premiere tonight.

From CBS
    http://www.cbs.com/shows/ncis/video/2276084400/ncis-season-premiere-9-25-

From Tv.com
    Gibbs goes on the hunt to find Harper Dearing and bring him down following the NCIS headquarters bombing

I am going C&P it here. the address in the bar reads FB.com the problem is it doesn't give the actual addy of the interview.
    How do you follow-up an explosion that had the potential to wipe out the entire NCIS staff? Track down the bomber. And that is just what the focus of the Season 10 premiere of “NCIS” (Tuesday, Sept. 25) is about, as well as dealing with the emotional fallout from the bombing — and Ducky’s (David McCallum) heart attack.

“It is the tenth season of our show,” says executive producer Gary Glasberg in an exclusive interview with XfinityTV.com. “That alone is an accomplishment. Moving forward from season ten, I want to dive into these characters even more than we have in the last ten years. Part of that is seeing them when they are facing adversity, when they have been hurt and they are down, and watching them rise back up again.”

With that said, he adds that the theme for the season is fallen heroes. “That [theme], whether it is directly touched upon or indirectly, does sort of carry through in a lot of the storylines that we are doing.”

So what else can we expect in Season 10? Here is the scoop:
    So many shows these days are actually killing off cast members, like “The Walking Dead,” and “Grey’s Anatomy.” And, in fact, “NCIS” killed off Kate (Sasha Alexander) early on. Several of your characters are in jeopardy. Can you talk a little bit about your approach as to whether or not someone actually dies?
    As you see in the season opener, we did something really daring by having this bomb go off. We could have gotten rid of anybody, but this is a cast that works brilliantly together and I am thrilled to have them right now. They are not going anywhere. When you make a decision like that, you have to put tremendous thought into it and you have to think very far ahead where you want stories to go, how you want people to interact, and that sort of thing. I would like to think you take things one step at a time, but it is walking on thin ice, especially on a show like this when the interaction between the characters is the whole show. It is a very delicate decision and requires some careful plotting.

Ducky suffered a heart attack in the finale. What do you have planned for him this season?
    Ducky has a fantastic start this season. David McCallum has just been wonderful. He starts off getting knocked off his feet. Through the first four episodes, we watch him getting back up again. He questions everything from his own mortality to whether he can continue to work. There is a terrific episode that Steve Binder wrote called “Phoenix,” where he finds his mojo again. That is coming up earlier in the season. I am really pleased with this arc that we found for him. The heart attack at the end of last season carries through. It changes his perspective. It changes the way he looks at life. Any time you can do that and still maintain the integrity of the character, I think we were successful.

One of the things our readers want to know is what is ahead for Tony (Michael Weatherly) and Ziva (Cote de Pablo). I think the scene in the elevator in the premiere with them trapped together will make fans really happy.
    That was a sequence I had planned for a while, and then Cote and Michael took it and ran. We had a lot of fun with those scenes. It actually sort of dictated some things that we would like to do as we move forward this season and actually scratch a little deeper into the Tony/Ziva relationship and have some more fun with it…dole it out little by little. But we are all for seeing where Tony and Ziva go next, how they interact and where their relationship is going.

Another thing our readers are asking about is McGee (Sean Murray) because he hasn’t been seen in the promos.
    You know what? Everyone reacted to the promo we put out because we didn’t see him. I wish I could take credit for that. I am happy everyone is guessing. McGee has an interesting story. He is always there for us for any technological snafu. There is some really fun stuff that is coming up with him. We are going to touch on his personal life. It is no mistake that he talks to his grandmother and discusses his father. We will have to see later in the season where that goes.

Will love ever find Gibbs?
    I don’t know. Gibbs is always in search of happiness and finding a connection with someone. Last season we had this terrific story with Jamie Lee Curtis. He finds solace in the oddest places and he is content being down in that basement. He is starting to build something else that will carry through all season. I would like to believe there is someone out there and he will keep searching and we will keep searching.

We all want to know how the boat got out of the basement!
    I am never going to tell.

Mark Harmon is such a fan favorite. Does he have input into story or is he content to play whatever comes out of the writers room?
    Mark is an executive producer on this show and I am very fortunate to have him as a partner. We talk about everything and discuss everything. I appreciate his willingness to go along with me and the crazy storylines I come up with and directions and surprises that I like to throw in. He is along for the ride 100 percent.

You joined “NCIS” in 2009, so you weren’t there at the beginning, but can you talk about why you think the show took off and is still a ratings behemoth despite its longevity?
    It is unique in that respect. I wish that I could definitively explain it. There are people who in theory think that the exposure that we get on cable through USA brings a whole different audience back to CBS to watch the original shows. I just think that these are some entertaining characters that are put into interesting scenarios and fun and different storylines. At the end of the day, it is these characters who the fans are tuning in for. That is why they keep coming back. We have no shortage of stories to tell and we will keep on doing it and peeling back the layers of who these characters are as long as people want to watch.

What are your most memorable or favorite episodes or scenes?
    There are so many. I really don’t have one. I live and breathe this show now, so to actually pick specific moments, it would be very tricky for me. Last season’s 200th episode was near and dear to my heart because I was able to look at these characters over the span of nine seasons and appreciate what they have gone through. I guess that was a special moment for me — having the opportunity to write that episode. I am just a fan at the end of the day of what [creator] Don Bellisario came up with and I am happy to keep it going.

When the day comes far in the future, do you know how you would like the series to end?
    No. That is something that I am going to have to open a folding chair on a beach somewhere and stare out at the sunset and try to figure out what to do. But I don’t see that happening any time in the near future and I am happy to say that.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  13. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Damn you NCIS!!! Have you lost your cotton picking minds? What are you thinking killing off Eli David and Mrs. Vance?

BTW fellow Talk CSI members, "cotton picking" is my redneck version of the f word.

14. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I haven't seen this yet. That's totally not cool, but we're talking NCIS here--the show that offs some good characters--Kate Todd and Lara Macy come to mind...:(

Paula Newsome (Jackie Vance) is an awesome actress, and I'll miss her on the show.

15. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

And don't forget Mike Franks. I loved Mike. And Director Jenny Shepard. I'm surprised they haven't offed...
    I'd better not finish that sentence. Someone from the show might sneak in here, read it and go "Let's off _______ in the season finale. It's a recurring character, no one in the opening credits that run during the theme music.