House #3: Everybody Lies

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by sandersidle, Sep 26, 2008.

?

New thread title?

Poll closed Oct 3, 2008.
  1. House #3: Humorous Outrageous Unkind Sarcastic Ego...but we love him.

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. House #3: A lowly infectious diseases guy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. House #3: They Call Me "The Cane"

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. House #3: No more mister Nice Guy

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. House #3: Finally lupus

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  6. House #3: Read less, more tv

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  7. House #3: There's no "I" in "team"

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  8. House #3: Patients always lie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. House #3: Everybody Lies

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I've been reading for the past year or so that Laurie was ready to call it quits, so I wasn't too surprised by this. I was more worried that FOX wouldn't let it go.
    With the rollercoaster this show has been though, I can't even imagine how it will conclude. I think it would be fitting for House to die; I just don't see a happy ending for him, or any of David Shore's characters, honestly.

I would love to see Cuddy and Cameron and Thirteen return, even if briefly. All three of these women had an interesting relationship with House.

I'll miss the show, but I think it's time. However House goes out, I'm sure it will be memorable.

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

He definitely will not have a happy ending. If he doesn't die I just picture the ending being a very basic House episode. Just him being himself because the motto is "people don't change". But yeah, no riding into the sunset for him.

3. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I wasn't surprised. With the ratings down some and Hugh Laurie getting more into music these days I figured it was coming. The show has not been as good this season. Something is lacking without House and Cuddy banter and the two new girls are not nearly as entertaining as the past team members. I will miss the character of House, but I am not too sad to see the show go.

4. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

Saw the last show...kind of a mind warp. The NY Times referred to it as a Sherlock/Watson fake death move. I didn't watch the show enough to know all the ins and outs, but it generally was a morbidly entertaining show. :)

5. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I didn't realize she was on until too late. Is there a site I can check it online?

My OD has it but I can't fast forward to see her.

6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

^^^
    The episode will be on Hulu, but they're usually delayed a week.

I thought it was a wonderful send-off for the series and the cast. It seemed that all of the characters had a 'happy ending' of sorts, much to my delight and surprise. David Shore saved them up, I think, til the very end.

It was also a pleasant surprise to see Sela Ward; she had a significant part in it, as did Jennifer Morrison (Cameron). It was a shame Cuddy wasn't there, but I thought it was well done even without her.

Sad to see the show end, but it was time, and it had a very satisfying finale, IMO.

RIP, House.

I am anxious to see Hugh Laurie in something else.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I was very surprised as how not-tragic it all ended. Given how miserable and depressing the show had been getting since the last of season 7 I thought for sure the ending would just be a misery fest lol. I was very, very happy to see Sela/Stacey!!!! I was very surprised and did not expect it at all given Sela is so busy with NY. I knew Cameron would make an appearance and was very happy with everything she was given. Overall I was happy with it. House faking his death is definitely right up his alley. Guess the only thing that would've made it perfect for me would've been Cuddy :(. So sad she wasn't there and it did kind of leave a hole. At least she was mentioned which was more than I expected.

So long Dr. House :).

8. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I am gonna miss House and Wilson, but the others I won't really miss. I am gonna miss House-isms. They were always so funny. My Mondays will never be the same.

9. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I forgot about it until the last what ten maybe Fifteen minutes, from the point of the funeral to the end. I read the recap don't think I would have cared for the whole ep, but the part I saw was pretty cool, including the dead man text lol. Wilson probably thought even beyond the grave the man is still telling people to shutup lmao.
    I don't even remember when I stopped watching this show regularly, mostly it was hit and miss if an ep commerical caught my eye.