CSI:Miami is cancelled.

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Nightfoxxy, May 13, 2012.

1. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

William Petersen was thinking about leaving ever since Season 3 started (also when CSI: Miami began). He didn't want there to be a spinoff(s). :rolleyes:

2. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I remember that. He wanted no part of the spinoff episode for Miami. He didn't even do the TV Guide magazine cover with David when Miami started.

3. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Really? I didn't even know that.

4. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm bummed by this. I hope another station picks up Miami for at least one more season. If CBS doesn't want it (which IMO makes them idiots cause it got decent ratings for a show that had so many interruptions and delays) then surely another network will.

Edited: Mentalist is gonna be in Miami's timeslot. Not sure how I feel about this because I kind of like this show too.

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  6. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

No, he wasn't. A UC would never report directly to a police station every day, as he and Tubbs did.

None taken. At least you didn't get me started on Brazil. I will watch the show in reruns now and then.

Not in any recent years. I know of the episodes to which you refer. The single mom/heroin girl who is about to lose her kid, he gives her money for school. Ditto for the two illegal immigrant sisters who are reunited. I know the show very well. In the last few seasons, none of this has happened. Part of the reason I am (somewhat) happy to see this show put to bed--no more brain-bending episodes that have the viewers saying, What happened?

The Horatio character was unapproachable the same way the Grissom character was. The difference is, the CSILV writers hooked him up with Sarah and made him more human as the show went on. No one as CSIM ever decided to do this, except perhaps for his marriage to Marisol, which was quickly killed off, literally and metaphorically.

7. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

Thank for great photo:thumbsup: I need something positive now.

Really?! Why was he so opposed to spin-offs?

8. Lego107

Lego107 Dead on Arrival

thank you for this beautiful video!!!! :) Sooooooo sad !!!!!!! How can they cancel that show , take all those caracters we know away from us , from our life ? And then replace with WHAT ????????? I don’t think any of the new shows have done so well . I don’t even want to take a look at them ,Nooooo interest !!!!!!!!! OK let ‘s mourn CSI Miami !!!!!!!! One more Light going away that leave this World darker !!!!!
    Bye Bye CSI , Good LUCK to all the actors , let’s hope we see you soon ,May be on the beach !!!!

9. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I can't really remember the quotes exactly, since this was 2003. I wish I had kept the issue. I was a TXF fanatic, so any magazines with David or Gillian on the cover I kept, and everything else got trashed. I think basically, Mr. Petersen didn't care for the spinoff because he thought it would take away interest in the Vegas original. He only cared about his show; he did not want anything to do with a "franchise".

10. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

And I bet he never wanted NY to be produced either. I think Langston is the only one from Vegas who has been on.

11. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

Crockett didn't report to a police station. It was a cover building he always went to. You can notice on the front it says gold coast shipping.

12. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

Well, I sent my feedback to CBS about CSI: Miami. I really wanted them to hear my disappointment about pulling the plug on this show so disrespectfully. I was watching this reaction video on you tube and this guy came up with the genius idea of letting the Miami characters crossover into the other two to allow proper wrap up and send off by the fans.

If I got that, I could really be more at peace that Miami is gone and could move on. I think CBS, after ten years, at least owes the fans that. Lesser shows have gotten more respect than Miami did. :(

13. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Well...since we've all been commiserating about this sad and unfair news, I thought we could all use a good laugh/cry. Maybe we could all get together and cry to Adele's "Someone Like You" like they did on SNL back in November :lol:

[​IMG]

A friend of mine showed me this clip and I immediately thought of us. If you can find and watch the skit, definitely do it!

Seriously, I'm still very sad over the cancellation and while it would be cool to see the characters in a cross-over episode, the actors likely will move on to other gigs and not be able to do anything like that. Maybe I'm wrong and there's hope, but it seems this is a very sad ending to a great show...In the words of Adele "Sometimes it lasts in love and sometimes it hurts instead..."

14. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

Thanks for the answer:)

15. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Agree to that. And now will be having that song playing in my head till Tuesday's episode. I'll be watching with a knowledge it's probably only time I be watching season 10.

Well having close up crossover episode would be satisfying enough to compensate lack of another season.