Eva/Natalia #4: Don't Hate Her Because She's Beautiful

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Mar 29, 2011.

?

thread title

Poll closed Apr 10, 2011.
  1. Don't Hate Her Because She's Beautiful

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. I am Woman, Hear me Roar

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. Boa Vista - A Beautiful View

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. Foreva Boa Vista

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Always There For Everyone

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. More than what you think she is

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. It's about time, she's waited long enough

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  8. Let's Go Berserk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Berserk for Boa Vista

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hello Michya,

By no means, am I an expert, in fact, my wife and I disagree on some things we think are going to happen. New week will be the last show for the Season, and my gut feeling is that Natalia won't be so involved in the case. I think this show might focus more on Horatio, being he is the main character.;)

With that said, and we don't know if Miami is coming back yet for a Season 11 (which will be it's last season, if they get it), I have this gut feeling that we will see less and less of Natalia.:(

I'm sure you know she is going back to the ABC Network, that made a name for her on TV. Eva and I are close to the same age, she has a beautiful home with her husband and family, and with the U.S. economy, she needs to work, just like the rest of us who can.

Let me just say this, David Caruso and CSI Miami came along for me at the right time. I wasn't married at the time, and had not my current wife. I was with a girl named Amanda, and she treated my badly!

My current wife, in May, we have been married for 6 years, and she keeps up with the cast of CSI Miami with me! I'll tell ya what, in 2005, Horatio, Calleigh and Eric got me through a bad time watching them as I was in a broken relationship!:)

Peace,
    Jimi

2. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

So I actually watched the show live tonight for the first time in... a long time. Since 'Sleepless in Miami' at least. And I must say, the scene on the boat with Natalia and Frank really made me feel a sense of pride for her. We're still lacking closure in her personal life, but tonight in the shootout when she shot that man practically right in the heart... Really made me feel like she's finally, definitely come into her own as a CSI/MDPD Officer. I pray this isn't the last we've seen of Natalia Boa Vista; I still need more.

3. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Well that was basically the worst finale ever. Way to end a series TPTB.

Can't believe a very probably series finale revolved around a stupid recycled storyline of Ryan being framed. What's worse it is over some stupid schoolboy/girl puppy triangle. Going to boyfriend's house to argue over a girl whom he barely knew and then got framed instead. I literally just stopped watching when Ryan said "Horatio, you know I didn't kill him"...or whatever....geez can I say we've heard this over a 1000 times? Then it completely went haywire when Ryan who is involved also happily works on the case. For some drama, every single sense of logic gets throw out of the window. Not the slightest logic existed, even cartoons have more logic. Oh what you know dear Samantha still playing the victim as ALWAYS, lying in the hospital all bruised up instead of what should have been - her being cuffed up and sent to jail.

What was meant to be a nice team scene, the way I see it, more like the repeat about Ryan being framed and getting sympathy. When both Horatio & Natalia almost died, there was nothing, no team moment. Also I find the comment by Ryan to Natalia "I take you on the table" or whatever is rather insulting. Do you think a close male friend of yours would say such a thing? I know it was meant to be a joke but I don't find it one bit funny. No different from "I can screw you now".

A series finale should be focused on how the team work towards catching the real murderers out there and helping the society, not wasting time over their own CSIs screwing up over and over again. Last season finale + this season opener would've made a better finale, if some things are changed. Right till the end Horatio, tired as ever still has to help clean up internal affairs. Give this man a break.

My last vent. I blame it ALL on the writing!

Oh back to topic right? Nice to see Natalia in action and she had to kill a person over a stupid case. How lovely.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I love that Natalia finally got to shoot someone (that sounds so terrible)! I guess the additional practice she took in in the premiere paid off - too bad tptb are butts & didn't show more of that aftermath through the season; might have tied in well here.

Michya, I can see where the comment at the bar would rub some the wrong way. I personally didn't see it as an insult. I thought it was funny, but maybe that's because I do have male friends (yes, grown men, most in thier late 30's early 40's) who are just naturally flirty like that. It's harmless with them, & I saw it harmless with Ryan as well.
    If it had been some random guy saying that to Natalia then it'd be different, but I've always felt Ryan really cares for her as a person, friend, & co-worker, & respects her on that level.

I agree the episode was a bit lackluster, especially for being a finale & possible series finale. I understand there wasn't much they could do on short notice, but it does however piss me off royaly that the whole season seemed to be a complete waste & it might have been thier last.

BTW - Eva will be on Live!with Kelly on April 20th. :)

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The Ryan/Nat banter did not bother me at all. I saw it as playful, friendly flirting. It reminded me a lot of Morgan/Garcia on Criminal Minds. They say things like that to each other all the time and she has a boyfriend. It's harmless. It was meant to be harmless and cute. When Ryan said, "I'll take you on this table right now", Natalia actually replied back, "How about in the hummer?" It was just friends being playful, nothing more, nothing less.

mjszud, when Natalia shot that guy, I was like "finally!" hehe.

I am so happy that tptb basically "vindicated" Natalia's dislike and instincts of/about Sam. Sam wasn't involved in the Navarro thing or with O'Shay (where did O'shay go anyway?) like we all thought she would be, but she was dirty in that before she came to work on H's team, she took those drugs from lockup and replaced them with flour. It was unclear why she took the drugs or if she was working with Vogel on that though.

6. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

[I am so happy that tptb basically "vindicated" Natalia's dislike and instincts of/about Sam. Sam wasn't involved in the Navarro thing or with O'Shay (where did O'shay go anyway?) like we all thought she would be, but she was dirty in that before she came to work on H's team, she took those drugs from lockup and replaced them with flour. It was unclear why she took the drugs or if she was working with Vogel on that though.[/QUOTE]

Hello Greg,

I think that the three writers of the show just wanted to forget about O'Shay, thinking that his part wasn't that imporatant, even in the last episode.

I kinda of took this thing with Sam (as the lines were written in my opinion), that the character just got mixed up with the wrong "government crowd". They showed a good example of real live politicians and lawyers that many of them in the U.S. are crooks, and they know all about the drugs coming into this country, but they hide behind it. Sam was put out there in the middle, sort of speak, I guess to take the fall for Vogel's and her "Political Boyfriend's" illegal deed. That has happen and innocent have to pay the price.

There was an example of this on Hawaii Five-O, last night's (Monday) episode. The innocent person takes the fall! The thing here is that most people who watch these crime drama shows are just acting like teenagers over their favorite character, instead of paying attention to what message they are sending out to the American Public!

I give you an A+ for paying attention!

Peace:)
    Jimi

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  7. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Did I read you wrongly or did you just said Sam is an innocent person? Wow, she killed a person and probably is involved in drugs and she is the innocent party??!!! Message?!! Seriously a show like Miami? Or any TV shows for that matter? :wtf::wtf:

Back on topic about Natalia...

She should have left when Natalia told her too!!! Bloody wasted a whole season that should have been dedicated to give a fair closure. I am not even asking too much. What closure is this? No difference from when Jesse died and many others. Definitely not worthy of a series finale at all.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  8. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hello Folks,

I just found this Twitter posting from Eva LaRue. This a quote from her:

"I hope w all my heart that CSI Miami gets picked up,but when annced that we were in limbo,I knew I needed to look 4 a new gig just in case!"

This tells me a whole lot right here. She knows what is going on, and even thought she is hoping for a Season 11, there is a higher chance that CSI Miami may not get renewed. There is some proof right there.

Back in December, I saw an HGTV Christmas show with her husband and daughter. She has a nice big house, and a cute daughter, but she is like the rest of us in America, she has to work to pay the bills, take care of her almost 11 year old daughter, and Eva know's it's "Hard Times" in the United States.

She has not come out about politics, if she is for President Obama, or whomever the G.O.P. is going to have running against the President. Last Year, some big named stars lost their homes out in L.A., so let's just pray for her and her family, and pray the U.S. Economy will turn around after the election and gas prices drop!

I bet Eva LaRue hates paying 4-5 dollars a gallon for gas, just like the rest of us. My wife and I have learned that she lives a life just like we do, and I bet she is cussing the U.S. Congress just like the rest of us are!:scream:

Just because she is a star on a TV Series means nothing in Reality. Thanks to the U.S. Federal Government, we still have that 14 Trillon hanging over our heads and yes, even Eva LaRue pays taxes!:(

My point is, don't think others are better than you or I !

Peace:)
    Jimi

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  9. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

I can't stop thinking about these characters we've come to love over the years, and what might've been in store for them in the future.

I'd like to think that Natalia continues on in her career as a CSI with her co-workers and friends. I'd also like to think that she'll eventually bump into Stephen Madsen (professor from 8.24) one day while running errands and that the two will then date, fall madly in love, and get married. He'll end up being the perfect man for her; he'll love her unconditionally, care for her always, and treat her as she was always meant to be treated. Perhaps they'll even have children one day, two (or more) darling little girls (or boys). She'll be at peace with herself, with her past, and will look forward to each and every day for the rest of her long-lived, happy and healthy life.

...Madsen is interchangeable with any man, I suppose. (Though I remember seeing quite a few sparks during their scene together at his apartment and think they'd be quite cute together.) She deserves to have someone love her forever, and treat her right. And I hope that, somewhere in TPTB's minds at one point in time, was that very idea.

Any news on if Eva's pilot was picked up? Looks like ABC did pick up some shows, but I don't know if hers was among them.

10. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Well, knew it was coming after all.The show was given a season to prove its worth but what was given was same old repeated storylines.

Definitely turning point for Natalia fans like me was when CBS/TPTB decided to piss us all off by her absence in several episodes.

I am truly sad not much about it being cancelled, since dozens of shows gets cancelled all the time. It was more of how it ended. Absoutely not proper ending at all. Yeah, I hope in CSI:Miami land, Natalia gets to find her Mr Right but resign from MDPD and go be a lecturer, at least she will be safe from all the dangers. Lol. ;)

I would like to thank Eva for EVERY SINGLE effort she dedicated herself towards this show. I am proud to be her fan and will DEFINITELY continue to support her shows!!! :)

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Since the finale I had already begun to prepare myself for this, but even so, it is rather hard to digest now that it's official. :(
    I'll miss Natalia Boa Vista like CRAZY -- she made me love CSI:Miami that much more!

I'd like to think that our lovely Miss Boa Vista leads a happy, healthy life - preferably with a hottie by her side, a few kiddos, & a dog. :p

Ditto for me!
    WE LOVE YOU, EVA LARUE!!!

~~~~~~~

@ Rissa -
    The pilot was not picked up, unfortunatly.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I had a feeling her pilot wouldn't be picked up.

Maybe there's still hope that another channel will pick up Miami. Any ideas on what channels we could send mail to about that? A&E maybe? They could do a florida based shows block with Miami and the Glades and some new show based in Florida.

13. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Eva is trying to put together a cookout for the cast at the end of July. Check out her Twitter page. Shows that they really are a family. :thumbsup: But also brings a tear to my heart... :(

14. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Eva just tweeted that she is shooting a Hallmark Christmas movie. I wish Jon would do one too!

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain