Dear CSI: NY writers... (suggestions for Season 9)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Geeno, May 16, 2012.

1. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I thought the time jump would be fine if NY had its premiere on midseason. But since CBS has just announced that CSI: NY will premiere this Fall, I hope you can account for the events that happened during the unnecessary time jump on the finale. Did Mac get married? Adam promoted as a CSI? Did Danny and Lucy decide to stay permanently in NY? Did Flack do something to somehow have a closure to what he did to Simon Cade? Maybe a little explanation or hint would be fine.

I know you already have plans. You all are great writers. I just want to remind you! That's all! :thumbsup:

What are your suggestions?

2. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Wanna see Mac and Christine's relationship tested. Wanna see if they have Adam run after suspects and Lindsay too. She hasn't done much running lately and I wanna see Mac run too.

EDIT: How can they account for it?

3. pdegan2814

pdegan2814 Dead on Arrival

First, to your points: 1) Six months isn't THAT much bigger a jump than normal, the season premiere will likely be about 4 months from now. Mac doesn't seem like the type to marry a woman that fast, and if he's still a practicing Catholic it's a near impossibility. Getting married in most Catholic churches involves significant lead time, around 6 months. The Catholic church doesn't do quickies. :) Christine was holding a rosary and saying one of the Creeds(can't remember if it's Apostle's or Nicene), so she's likely Catholic too. It wouldn't surprise me if Adam gets promoted in that interval, though. As for Danny/Lindsay/Lucy, in Mac's dream they said it wasn't necessarily something that would happen for a while yet, so they don't have to resolve that particular plot thread. My guess is, if they get enough advance knowledge of the series ending, the last episode will feature them moving out of the city. Not sure about Flack, though it didn't really seem like he was suffering much, and not shooting the girl who shot Mac was certainly a good step for him anyway. Keep in mind, that wasn't REALLY Flack, Danny, or Lindsay talking to Mac in those scenes. :) To me, those scenes were more about possibly giving Mac some closure, not about the others. Though if the stuff Sid was talking about in those scenes is true, I would love to see the groundbreaking ceremony at some point. :)

As for my own thoughts on what I'd like to see in Season 9:

- I would like to see Mac's relationship with Christine continue to grow. This isn't a "ship" post, I've actually enjoyed all three love interests they've given Mac on this show. But at this point in the show's run, and given they way they've set this romance up, it's about time he got one that sticks, not one they decide to abruptly drop the following season.

- more Jo/Flack semi-flirty fun! The two of them practically sizzled early in Season 7, but there hasn't been as much fun stuff with those two since. Eddie and Sela play off each other so well, it'd be a shame not to see more of it.

- I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of recurring faces among the lab rats, or maybe with the cops. We used to see other detectives working cases(to be fair, NY seems to gotten mostly away from multi-case episodes), and we'd see a few of the lab techs multiple times(like Jane Parsons in DNA, I miss Jane :)). I'm not looking to add a bunch of them to the credits like Vegas did, but I think a little continuity in the people they work with would be nice.

- I wouldn't mind seeing a full-fledged crossover with the Vegas crew. Not like the last one, that was just Langston going to the other two shows. More like the 2nd Miami/NY one. NY visits Vegas, and Vegas visits NY. Brass is supposedly a former Marine like Mac(and Brass is originally from Jersey), the two of them together could be fun. And you just know Flack would be a hoot in Vegas!

I gotta say, I think this show has been on a real creative upswing the last couple of years. A lot of it is the energy that Sela Ward as Jo Danville brings to the show(much the way I think Ted Danson has helped Vegas), and I think the focus on single-case episodes has helped too. It allows for much stronger case stories, lets more of the characters interact, or gives them room in the episode for more character moments like Mac's new romance. More than anything, I just want them to continue to focus on strong storytelling, giving their talented cast material that will let them shine. :)

4. pdegan2814

I'd like to see it tested too, but I don't want drama that seems overly contrived. These are two mature adults, with full lives. I hope whatever challenges they encounter in this relationship feel natural, same with the way they handle those challenges. I don't want to see them acting like high-schoolers when things get tough.

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I would also think a marriage would be moving way too fast for Mac and Christine. And I do want to hear more about what happened during the time skip. As for Danny and co, we'll know that as soon as we know who's on board for the season...plus they said it wouldn't be for a year or so yet. I fear we'll be really lucky if we get a 10th season, so it might not be too big a conflict.

6. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

There's nothing like a good old life threatening situation to clarify how deep your feelings are for somebody. If Mac hadn't been shot, I could see him taking his time over a courtship. But they've both been hit with the realization that life is damn short, so a quickie wedding could easily be on the cards.

7. Grindigo

Grindigo Dead on Arrival

I'd really like to see them delve a bit more into Adam's personal life. So far we've only had a couple of glimpses of it, mainly about his abusive dad. I just hope it doesn't end up as something that catches my interest and is never explored enough to stop people like me from always wondering about it. :lol:
    That's happened far too often with some other shows that I used to watch.

8. taylorgirl

taylorgirl Lab Technician

I WANT A TAYLOR BABY!

9. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Maybe in the series finale they can say she's pregnant. But with CBS' track record, I doubt they would know when it was the last episode of the series.

I have to confess, I'm just not sure about a Taylor baby.

10. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

If we still speak about the right serial. I thought it is CSI NY and no soaps opera.

11. limonite

limonite Victim

I would like to see Samantha Flack :); I want to know if she took the job with the NYPD media relations (I think she did). If I'm correct, I'd like to see an episode where she helps her brother and the rest of the team solve a case, maybe getting her in danger along the way.

12. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

Okay, so:
    • A continuation of Jo's adoption storyline, in that Ellie is finally ready to meet her biological mom. It would allow the writers to delve deeper into the actual adoption and the related criminal case. Jo's decision to adopt the child of the woman she put away is very appealing to me.
    • Have Russ showing up again, even though that probably won't happen since David James Eliot has his own show now.
    • Probably an unpopular opinion, but I'd like a love interest for Jo. Up until now, they have always concentrated on Jo's relationship with her kids. But she's been alone for over ten years now, supposedly.
    • More playful banter between Jo and Flack. My god, I love those two. There is something about them.

13. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Nuh-uh. ABC cancelled David James Elliott's show, GCB. Unless DJE's got another show lined up somewhere, he's a free man right now. I would love for him to make another appearance on CSI: NY. That man is fine! :drool:

14. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

Opportunities, opportunities!

15. pdegan2814

I'd like to see her return as well. I've been a fan of Kathleen Munroe since I saw her on The Dresden Files a few years ago, and she & Eddie played off each other well. It would be nice to see her turn things around.