Grade 'Near Death'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 11, 2012.

?

How would you grade Near Death?

1. A+

13 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. A

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  3. A-

6 vote(s)
    14.0%
  4. B+

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  5. B

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  6. B-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  12. D-

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  13. F

6 vote(s)
    14.0%
  1. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I think I can answer one of your questions as to why they aren't watching. Because CBS put the show on hiatus w/o telling anyone then brought it back after 6 weeks. Then put it on a two week hiatus after one or two new episodes.

I think the viewer ratings should be the only thing being used.

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

This is from a slightly older article about American Idol vs Dancing with the Stars, but I think it explains the ratings thing pretty well:
    "When a show has a disproportionate number of women over 50 in its audience, it simply cannot charge as much for commercials. That is not because advertisers do not like older women, but because they are so easy to find all over the rest of television. ... the scarcity argument tends to rule: advertisers pay more to reach people who do not watch much television. Thus, the most prized viewers of all watch the least amount of television: men under 35."​

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Now I wanna know why men watch less than women

4. Ryan&MacFan

Ryan&MacFan Victim

Yep, the only place I found out that NY was going on hiatus for 6 weeks was on this site as plenty of people on the NY facebook was like thinking it wasn't going to be on anymore.

I did like the group gathering of the cast at the end welcoming Mac back. I enjoyed Mac and Don scene.

Other than that this show was just off balance focusing on Mac talking to his co-workers while he's having surgery then to top it off the solving the case was too easy.

5. *NickStone*

*NickStone* Hit and Run

Mac's dream sequence with an empty lab, and screens showing static reminded me of the DS9 episode Distant Voices. They had a similar set up when Dr Bashir was in a comma, and walking around a version of the station in his imagination.

So is Sid really funding a special research centre, or was that entirely in Mac's head? You know, like when we dream about someone doing something, it's just a figment of our imagination and not really happening, was this a similar deal?

Mention of Jess,nice touch there,sad to think Don never got to tell her he loved her..Unless, of course,that was in Mac's head also, just something he assumed, and could be different from the "reality" in the show. Nevertheless, a good way to mention a past important/ major character.

Lindsay looked gorgeous as always in this episode, really loved the hairstyle she had this season, it was very nice. Liked the leather jacket she had on this episode, really great looking on her. :adore:

Danny and Lindsay planning on moving? Interesting concept seems a bit sudden though, would have been better if we'd had some previous scenes that hinted at it.:confused:

The six months later thing was a bit lame, they always skip by six months (or so) between seasons etc..How many years have we skipped over now in total? Just seems like something that's overdone.

So is that it? Kind of sad to think it might be, but if so, it's great the show went out on such a strong sesaon.

If CSI:NY is done, would love to see Anna in a new role asap, will miss getting a weekly fix of that gorgeous woman.:drool:

So yeah, overall, a good finale, be it season or series....

6. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

I would have liked to have somehow seen Aiden and Stella in this episode.

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I agree, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

8. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

A+
    not only my favorite season finale, but I think possibly my favorite episode of any of the CSI series.

I loved the visions in the lab, the static on the screens was brilliant, and I liked how Claire didn't just tell him to go back, she allowed him to revisit all aspects of his life.

I wasn't disappointed by the lack of Stella, but I thought they should have had Aiden back, her and Taylor were very close, and she knows what it's like to die, plus Vanessa left the show on good terms.

If we get a season 9 I'd like to see Sid's university-thing open. I think the crew of CSI:NY have been told if they come back it will be the final year - it seemed as if they were setting up a series finale within this episode, and it wasn't actually the finale itself.

Hawkes' possible marriage, Danny and Lindsay leaving, and Sid's foundation opening all seem like things that would work in a series finale, so I can't help but think they might be back for a final half-season.

was Claire talking about Christine or Jo when she said she liked the person he'd met? I'm not really a Jac shipper but that dialogue made me wonder.

I also loved how they incorporated the old logo into the intro - they did the same thing in the season premiere if I recall correctly.

I loved the final scene, I thought it worked brilliantly... Is Adam a CSI now?

Great choice of song by the producers, again, they seem sure they'll be "back for more."

Sela Ward was brilliant throughout the episode, as was Eddie Cahill. They're both very talented actors, and when the series end, I'd like to see one of them move to Vegas, (because they wouldn't work in CSI:Sunglasses, the atmosphere is too different.)

9. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

I agree. While it will work if it's the last episode ever, it did feel like a setup for a final season. I don't know if they knew their odds more than they let on, or if they wrote it as a message to the execs. Haha, especially with the song at the end :lol:

Yeah, the scene with Jo and Christine at the hospital was a bit confusing, but I'm convinced Mac was talking about Christine when he told Claire he'd met someone. I think any relationship dynamic they introduce or intend for Mac will be obvious and clearly it is with Christine, particularly given that it's Christine who stays beside him and who he wakes up to.

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

The scene with Christine and Jo wasn't confusing to me. I really felt Jo was speaking about Mac as a good friend and colleague. The romantic side of it never crossed my mind especially with the interaction Jo and Christine had when Christine met the team before Lucy's bday party.

11. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

guys, forget the pool about our top 10 favourite episodes!!!:)

12. Rena

Rena Rookie

I just wanted to say that I don't believe in Jo/Mac either and that I didn't interpret that scene at the hospital as a confession or declaration of love ;) I just meant that some of the shippers might have been cheering and jumping up and down in front of the TV because of that "I love him" :lol: I for one also think that it's a friendship kind of love. The thing is that in German there are two ways of saying "I love you", depending on to whom you're saying it. The commonly known "Ich liebe Dich" is only said between lovers, but not between siblings, friends, or to kids or parents etc. We'd say "Ich habe Dich lieb" (like: I'm fond of you). That's why it's sometimes a bit awkward for us to hear a guy saying "I love you" to another guy just as Danny did to Mac. :)

13. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Since NY is now officially renewed, I can now share another though about he season (yay!) finale. For me it looks like a setup for a Mac marriage next season maybe on the series finale. Danny and Lindsay will raise enough money to settle down on Montana and raise Lucy there. That's absolutely an END there. Mac won't have any hesitations now that he has a second chance to have a complete family. If ever CBS decides this as NY's final season, I hope Stella would somehow show up. Maybe even as little as a phone call to Mac.

14. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

About Mac's marriage, a friend of mine thought Mac MIGHT have already gotten married but she wasn't sure.

I did kinda think maybe D/L might move to Montana or somewhere else if it was renewed or not.

I'm not sure how I feel about Mac getting married though IF it happens.

If this is NY's final season, I would love to have Stella be there but I don't think CBS will state if it would be the last season or not.

15. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

I really enjoyed this episode. Yes, the "limbo" scenes were a little cheesy, but that's to be expected.

My favorite parts:

1. The short opening sequence, which was very powerful.

2. Flack chasing the suspected bank robber and wheezing.

3. When Mac was telling Jo what he would miss about his team and he said, "Adam .... Adam". That was great.

4. When Adam was dancing with the "dummy" and Mac asked, "Mind if I cut in?"

5. The Mac/Flack "limbo" sequence.

6. Llewellyn??? :wtf:

7. Lucy running into Mac's arms and giggling. (Why couldn't they use the original Lucy?)

When I saw that I thought of the George Burns movie Going in Style.

Zach Reiter said in an interview here that he and Pam Veasey were kicking around ideas for season nine and, "We're hoping to pepper the entire season with half of an episode dedicated to the possibility of even spending a day off with each character. While the rest of the team is at work and solving a particular crime—how is it that our characters spend that 24 hours when they have a day off. We'd like to actually spend a decent amount of time dealing with their personal lives, so we're hoping we have the opportunity."
    Now that the show has been renewed, I would love to see what members of the team do on their days off.