** Season 10 Spoiler Lab - Take Two **

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Oct 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Not officially, but there's been a few reports as of late indicating that CBS is leaning towards renewing CSI: NY and dropping Miami.

2. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

well now that's heartbreaking...but maybe not so surprising given the efforts to move csi miami around time slots and pre empting the show all the time...

3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Wow that would really surprise me. I was so sure NY would go first given the ratings and that it barely made the cut last year. I was leaning towards both of them being cancelled or only NY.

4. Lego107

Lego107 Dead on Arrival

source?

5. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Check out deadline.com and EW.com

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Hopefully there's a chance that AMC will pick up Miami for new episodes if CBS doesn't. I mean, USA did pick up Law and Order CI when NBC canceled it, so it's possible.

7. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

But USA is owned by NBC. I highly doubt that AMC would be able to acquire the production rights to CSI: Miami, unfortunately.

8. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

I certainly hope Miami doesn't get canceled. They are both great shows, but I definitely favor Miami. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a renewal!

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I hope Miami gets renewed or picked up by another channel... at least for one more new season.

10. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

The former has a better chance of happening than the latter. At this stage of the game,most prime time shows that get canceled don't come back on another network.

11. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

I DON'T LIKE IT, BUT it would not surprise me at all. Look at all the effort put into helping CSI, but for Miami (after they killed off 30% of the audience in the 8th season)they then went about helping to get the show back on it feet (NOT) by moving it to Sunday 10:00PM!!!:scream::rolleyes::wtf:

Also, I suspect that looking at thing from a long view they want CSI Miami's spot for the last season of The Good Wife (syndicatable if they ever get an offer) and maybe move Hawaii 50 to Sunday 9:00PM since it is getting worst numbers that Miami got in it first year on Sunday and way below what Miami was getting when it was moved to Sunday.

Then the year after they kill TGW and move H50 to 10PM for it last year so as to get the 2 Million per episode syndication deal for H50. H50's finale got a 2.3 demo and a 9 + million viewership only, but they have to carry it or they get big red ink.

12. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

Are these unofficial reports about favouring NY, from leaks inside cbs, or just a bunch of so called experts in offices who think they know what cbs are thinking?

13. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

The reports are not official, it's speculation. But if you look around there are just as many reports saying Miami will be renewed and NY will be cancelled. No one knows what CBS is thinking except CBS, and we won't know what that is until the 16th.

14. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

And I have been keeping an eye on the promos for NY as well, well, um... asking about it anyway.

To me, NY might be canceled the way CBS has been treating it. They could have finished this season two months ago and gave the show a 6 week hiatus.

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

We should be hearing something next week (the 16th) and the waiting and speculation can stop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.