Grade 'Unwrapped'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 4, 2012.

?

How would you grade Unwrapped?

1. A+

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. A

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. A-

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  4. B+

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. B

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  6. B-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

The penultimate episode of the season (series??) airs tonight--give it a watch and let us know what you think!

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

At least despite the party stuff, it seemed pretty free of anything heavily shipper. It did confuse me for a while, till I realized that something I thought was tonight is next week.

I may call this one up on On Demand in a few days, because I was trying to watch while playing Nintendo DS with my 10yr old cousin and things were hard to keep track of. I saw most of the ep though.

waaaah I want a Mac Taylor action figure, I wish there was one LOL. Love that joke.

But it's the promo that's gonna stay with me all week, even knowing what I do.

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  3. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

The victim, played by Lee Young, is also a semi-regular on Rizzoli & Isles.

4. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Is everybody out watching The Avengers? :lol:

Anyway, the episode was great. I didn't expect all those twists and turns coming. Also good that they are on point in saying Lucy is 3 years old. This should clear the confusion we've had about her age! :lol:

This episode also felt like a season 1 episode (I can say this maybe on most of the episodes this season). I love season 1 and I'm glad we've been shown engaging stories like those recently. This easily gets an A.

5. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

The last Scene with Christine was stupid. She behaves like a teenager. For Mac that is in his office a disgrace.

6. Rena

Rena Rookie

I'm so glad this was a good episode! The last ones were stupid or lame or both. But this one was really good and I liked the twists and turns, too, though the story/motive itself is not quite new. We had that before that people commit crimes in order to protect their loved ones, but nevertheless it was an interesting case.

I liked the scene with the whole group at the end :) I also like the ongoing story/relationship with Christine, because it is so much not like Drama-Queen-Peyton! It is slow and nice and both of them start to realize how much they like each other and how important they are to each other. But I agree that the very last scene with Christine and Mac was a little bit "meh". She acted like a teenage girl ;) At the toy store, however, I could understand how nervous she was meeting her boyfriend's closest friends for the very first time. Mac of course was sweet as usual :lol:

I still don't know Lucy's age. Does that mean she turned 3 or 4 years old? Christine's line could have been a reference to Lucy's third birthday or to Lucy being 3 years old and turning 4. Personally, I think Lucy turned 4 since she's already in pre-school, though I don't know at what age children usually enter pre-school in America.

I gave it an A :)

Oh, I forgot to ask where the hell was Lucy???????

7. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I've seen a clip of the last scene. I don't think Christine behaved like a teenager. I think she behaved like a woman who has seen a lot of pain in her life and who has probably not found the whole dating/love thing at all easy, who has met a really nice, sweet guy, Mac, who has experienced a lot of pain too.
    Mac and Christine are at a point in their lives where they're not getting any younger. I certainly think that Mac hadn't expected to really 'fall in love' and find something like what he has with Christine again in his life.
    If Christine really had 'acted like a teenager' she'd have kissed Mac right in front of his friends, I mean, have you seen teenagers dating? A lot of them aren't too shy about kissing not just in front of friends but in front of anyone, I mean, we had some making out in the frigging children's library at work a few weeks ago!

And it's not a disgrace for Mac to kiss his girlfriend in his office. If it had been in the middle of a case or something, yeah, maybe it would be a bit inappropriate, but he was heading out with his friends after the work day was over, and it's not like they were making out in the middle of the hall or on his desk, they were in a little corner. And it was just a kiss, they weren't making out or anything.

8. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

The initiative goes out only from Christine. Mac is not ready yet for more. He looks at it up to now as a friendship. But the night dinner would also have run differently. Christine has kissed Mac, not Mac Christine.
 I think Christine has last-minute panic. She searchs absolutely a man.
 Mac was not happy. He ask for what the kiss. A happy man does not ask this. I like Mac better more in the lab how in Season 1. This is also the sense of the serial.

9. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

I completely disagree. Mac is man in control of his life and what he chooses to do with it and how he presents himself. If he didn't want it, he wouldn't have let Christine take him by the arm and gently pull him around the corner and give him that kiss let alone their 'hello' kiss when he first walked up right in front of everybody. Remember when all Peyton did was lay her hand on his face when she thought they were by themselves and his completely negative reaction when Stella walked around the corner? That is what he would have done if he wasn't ready and invested in his and Christine's relationship. And as for him asking what the kiss was for indicating he wasn't pleased, hasn't someone ever surprised you with a kiss or a hug or physical sign of affection out of the blue (or vice versa: you do it to them)? You or them asking "what was that for?" not out of suspicion or displeasure but simply because it was spur-of-moment pleasant surprise? I have. There doesn't need to be a specific motive. 'Just because' is the best reason ever for such things, and hearing that confirmation from someone or relaying your feelings of that to someone else is one of the best things ever. And yes, Christine was the one who kissed him properly at the party, but it was Mac who initiated the whole thing in front of everybody. And he is happy. Look at the smile on his face whenever she calls him or he, her. Look how relaxed and happy he was at the end of the last episode. I think the fact that he hasn't had this sort of relationship with the level of understanding and caring that Christine brings for him for ten and a half years, is the factor that brings about any sort of stunned surprise on his part. I think part of him can't (and didn't) believe he could have a relationship that resembled what he had with Claire, and now that he's finding himself in the middle of one, he just simply can't believe it sometimes. But in the same way that one can't believe you got that Christmas present that you wished and wished and wished and wished you could have, and then got. :)

^ Agreed! Teenagers have ZERO sense of propriety and make out wherever their fancy takes them. But just because two people are adults doesn't mean that any and all desire disappears or must be, we just know to make it (mostly) discreet. And what she was discreet - a simple kiss back in a hidden corner I think definitely counts as discreet.

So yes, there, clearly, are my thoughts on the ending at least :lol: I thought it was really sweet, and Don and Jo's sideways teasing of Mac regarding a "backstory" of why he "likes" princess dolls, toy blocks, and ponies was awesome!!!! :guffaw: And Jo likening him to an old faithful teddy bear made me grin :D

As for the rest of the episode, I liked the twists in the plot, but when they caught Alisha after that brief chase and she screamed that they would kill her daughter, I have to admit I had flashbacks to 'Rain' and the bank teller whose daughter was kidnapped to ensure her cooperation. Still, the eventual murderer and how and why wasn't what I anticipated, so all in all it worked and I thought it was pretty good. I have to admit, I've been utterly shocked this season with how little I have disliked Lindsey. Yes there have been moments, and didn't like D/L at all in 'Killscreen', but even this ep with Lindsey featured such a prominent role in the investigation, I wasn't annoyed :eek: There were a couple points where I went, "oh please...:rolleyes:", but I'm going to have to be forced to admit she's been pretty decent this season. I think what helped in this episode is that she and Danny weren't treated like conjoined twins. I think they both do far better when their scenes are separate with little blurbs together. It's more realistic at a minimum that's for sure.

Overall I thought it was a solid ep :)

10. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

One question.

Were you surprised with the reaction from the team when Christine came up?

I thought maybe they'd laugh a bit or Adam would say, "Mac has a girlfriend? Naw. Mac has a girl?" Then he starts to laugh when Jo gives him a look. :lol:

Unless there is a deleted scene in one of the episodes where the team finds out.

AJ to me still looked a bit stressed in one of the scenes but he may have just still reeling from his dad's death.

EDIT: Wasn't Jo the one who told Adam and Lindsay to hurry up in the season premiere? :lol:

11. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

^I agree with all of Jade's points. I loved it when Jo likened him to an old faithful teddybear too, awwww. <3

No, not really. The Adam of s3 may have been surprised to learn that Mac knew of 'Wild Wild Wet' and in s6 he was surprised at all the cool stuff Mac has in his apartment, but I don't think he would ever have reacted with surprise to Mac's having a girlfriend. Maybe a bit when he first found out, but no more than he would have been when he found out about, say, D and L getting together, or Don and Angell, or Hawkes and Camille.

12. Nightfoxxy

Nightfoxxy Victim

Very, very bad ratings for CSI: NY this week. It scored a 1.3 adults 18-49 rating down from last week's 1.5.

13. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

The case with Christine disturbs many people. I read this in the international press.
 Therefore, the ratings also go down.
 I hope that the last Epi becomes better. We need the ratings. I hope we become the Season 9. Gary Sinise is a very excellent Actor. It would be a pity if we could see him no more.

If the both are alone, they do not kiss. Only for other people. However, Mac was not amused after the kiss. I think for him is the only friendship. Mac would have kissed Christine, otherwise, with the dinner. In his position he cannot kiss Christine in the corner in his office.This is unrealistic.
 The Office is observable. Many employees pass. For Mac it would be impossible. His private life was always taboo for others.

14. MissJanet

MissJanet Victim

I don't get the Mac/Christine dynamic at all and it gets on my nerves how much time per episode is wasted on that awkward mess. It's all so unsexy.

15. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Why is it that so many people attribute the dip in ratings to Mac and Christine? Because, um, most people who complains about them and their scences together would have had to actually *watch* the episode, right, and therefore be counted in the ratings? Plus, there are loads and loads of viewers out there who probably don't know when Christine is going to be in an episode (i.e. they are not members of a chat site like this one, or they don't read spoilers) so how can Mac/Christine affect viewer numbers? I suspect the reason the show has low ratings is because it's on on a Friday night and the writing isn't as good as it used to be. I'm getting tired of people blaming individual characters (or their absence) for the ratings decline. Yes, some people may decide to stop watching after their favourite character leaves, or because someone new comes on who they don't like, but because of a ship? Maybe, but, and I will say this now, not everyone who watches the show cares about any ships at all.

Oh, and I really don't think Mac and Christine have been taking up too much of the episodes. Their relationship is one aspect of the show and of Mac's life, but it's far from the dominant factor in either. If you want to see a ship that *did* dominate the characters and take up *way* more screen time than Mac and Christine, and, I suspect, any other relationship on the show, look at DL. They have had *whole episodes* focused around their relationship. And lots of people who don't like DL watch the show anyway.

Maybe Mac/Christine has lost the show a few viewers, but I can't see it (or any other relationship, or even any individual character) being the major cause. Let's not forget there have been ratings problems and ups and downs since before Christine ever came on the show.