Grade 'Slainte'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Apr 27, 2012.

?

How would you grade Slainte?

1. A+

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. A

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. A-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. B+

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  5. B

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  6. B-

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  8. C

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  9. C-

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

8 vote(s)
    27.6%
  1. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I re-watched this episode and I still think the case was kinda dumb.

But there wasn't enough Adam even though I like some of his scenes with Mac.

What was Mac cooking?

EDIT: Seems Anna had a haircut.

2. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

i enjoyed this episode. I'm a major Flack fan and he had plenty of scenes in it.

I'm glad Mac did the cooking at the end. Christine does enough of that for her job. If she has to cook on a date, it's not really a date.

Adam/AJ is still looking unwell. Poor woobie.

3. Rena

Rena Rookie

I don't even know what to say...it was all meh, IMO.

Firstly, the case was boring. The motive was lame, the murder seemed interesting at the beginning but became incredibly unspectacular at the end. I was wondering that if the murder was committed in the heat of the moment, which it seemed to be, then why took the guy so much time to place the pieces all over New York? Why not just get rid of them?! It's like he was thinking "Uhm, now that I'm here I could dump his extremities at the famous four corners of what was formerly known as Hell's Kitchen".
    As it was said before it was one of these gang/neighborhood/clan stuff with immigrant minorities which at some point is getting stereotypic and cliché.

Secondly, there was just not enough screentime for the rest of the cast! IMO, it's not good to give Christine more screentime than Sid or Hawks or Adam! :scream: Even though Mac is the main character it's not all about him. It's not fair.
    I was also wondering whether Christine was running her restaurant all on her own? No waitress? No kitchen boy? No co-workers at all? Though I like her, I don't like her accent. I suppose it's a kind of local accent, but to me it sounds like "sloppiness in articulation". Or muttering. Or mumbling.

The best parts of the episode were Flack, in no matter what he was doing or saying, and the end with Mac as a pseudo-chef-de-cuisine :) That's what I call a romantic dinner: putting buttered bread into the pan and add a lot of cheese to it :lol:

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I loved this episode. It almost had a S1 feel to it which was a pleasant surprise. I also really like Mac/Christine. They are turning out to be an adult relationship that doesn't detract from the crime drama aspect of the show. The way they are unfolding is just another example of how much of a disaster DL was, is and always will be. It amazes me that TPTB can do such a good job with other 'ships but can't make DL even tolerable. I hope they get a S9 so they can explore Mac/Christine more. It's nice to see a non-business side of Mac once in a while.

I gave this one an A.

5. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

This episode was so so for me. I did enjoy the fact Flack got plenty of air time. I also like the Mac/Christine pairing and the fact Mac is upfront with her about the fact his job will take time away from her.
    That's a refreshing change from many of these shows where they usually don't tell them that.

6. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

True but given the job doesn't seem like a person would need to tell them that. And the other person is free to hawk. Personally dating a cop or other a guy with a demanding job is a turn off but some women like a challenge

7. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

"Mac Taylor you're an idiot!" (c)

This just made my day:guffaw:

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I found this episode boring and lacking. There were no great character moments, which usually help when the case is boring, so the whole thing just fell flat. I don't like Cristine so that didn't help either. I think Mac is so mellow and serious at times that he kind of becomes boring (even though I do love the character) and Cristine is just not very exciting either lol. So the two of them together just bore me to tears.

Gave it a D.

Last edited: May 1, 2012